New GotWay Nikola 17''

1 hour ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

I was talking about 84 V 1600Wh compared to 100 V 1845 Wh. There's a difference of 500 €.

If buying a Nikola, range is important. I think difference between these two EUC's isn't more than 10 km.

On top of  that would be the Nikola 84 V with 2100 Wh battery. But this is even more expensive than the 1845 Wh 100 V.

It's not like not having the money - I just would like to get the best price/performance ratio :)

Nope, 2100wh is cheaper... Check Aliex

25 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

No - 1600 Wh 84 V approx 1450 € with 5 A charger

2100 Wh 84 V approx 2080 € with 5 A charger

1845 Wh 100 V 1960 € with 5 A charger

Indeed. And the small 100V sits between the 1600Wh 84V and the 1845Wh 100V

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

No - 1600 Wh 84 V approx 1450 € with 5 A charger

2100 Wh 84 V approx 2080 € with 5 A charger

1845 Wh 100 V 1960 € with 5 A charger

Where did you spot these prices? 🙂

On 8/12/2019 at 3:46 PM, eddiemoy said:

Got my Nikola Plus yesterday.  Had it in my trunk and the shell got all scratched up.  Also was able to reach 65km/h or 40mph. Smooth.  Didn’t know I was going that fast.  D1FE3FE0-EAC9-4B21-AED3-9C131E97C4C0.thumb.jpeg.38cb9770b14167ca2f6ac500e7c60a94.jpeg2C36FB73-6EA4-4413-AFA3-C92F0D115870.thumb.jpeg.009ffcefee6ae72929c6c4fdc210a782.jpeg

so now you're convinced on gotway wheels.  bye bye kingsong?

10 hours ago, Rudy Sijnke said:

Nope, 2100wh is cheaper... Check Aliex

ive never seen the 2100 wh cheaper than the 100V anywhere? certainly wasnt when i bought it

41 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

This makes zero sense to me. If I eat a delicious yellow apple, that doesn’t give me any reason to stop eating red ones as well.

We are not bound to any single manufacturer. No EUC rider has an exclusive deal with one. That would be ridiculous.

What if the yellow apple is way more delicious than the red one?

haha, I was just asking him because he is anti gotway usually.  But gotway has been killing it lately, nikols plus vs 16x for example.

Edited by photorph
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, photorph said:

What if the yellow apple is way more delicious than the red one?

haha, I was just asking him because he is anti gotway usually.  But gotway has been killing it lately, nikols plus vs 16x for example.

I own both and that statement is not true at all. Sorry.  I’m not sure how you’ve been misinformed on that one. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Patton250 said:

I own both and that statement is not true at all. Sorry.  I’m not sure how you’ve been misinformed on that one. 

Well I own the nikola plus, and it's the best riding wheel I've had out of 4 I've ridden.  Everyone who has the Nik + loves it.

KS 16X I've only seen issues, vibrations/oscillations during braking, etc.  At least that's what I've read, and heard people complain about.  Though I have not ridden it.

Edited by photorph
Spelling
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, photorph said:

Well I own the nikola plus, and it's the best riding wheel I've had out of 4 I've ridden.  Everyone who has the Nik + loves it.

KS 16X I've only seen issues, vibrations/oscillations during breaking, etc.  At least that's what I've read, and heard people complain about.  Though I have not ridden it.

We probably should keep all that your secret  :-)

I like like the Nikola too by the way. 

Edited by Patton250

On 8/10/2019 at 9:30 PM, Rywokast said:

why would you want the same ones when theyre obviously junk xD i would just get the same length (you can just count the number of LEDs) of something actually good

The idea isn't to get the exact same thing but to understand the specs of what's currently being used before shopping for a replacement.

• Like 1

Anyone know if the newer batch and or plus variants are coming with or planned to come with better speakers? Also glad to see they replaced the white center strips with carbon fiber ones-- much better than the Orca look - (Gotway has finally made a beautiful wheel IMO, their older models' looks don't inspire me much)

Ive heard the Nikola speakers called "tinny" and a "hot mess" on here lol.

The 100v 1840wh Nikola seems pretty appealing over the 16x, except the speakers, and the trolley, and the seat option, and the bigger taller pedals, (and the price- but extra 16v, 240wh and top speed don't come for free!).

7 minutes ago, Blueblade said:

Anyone know if the newer batch and or plus variants are coming with or planned to come with better speakers? Also glad to see they replaced the white center strips with carbon fiber ones-- much better than the Orca look - (Gotway has finally made a beautiful wheel IMO, their older models' looks don't inspire me much)

Ive heard the Nikola speakers called "tinny" and a "hot mess" on here lol.

The 100v 1840wh Nikola seems pretty appealing over the 16x, except the speakers, and the trolley, and the seat option, and the bigger taller pedals, (and the price- but extra 16v, 240wh and top speed don't come for free!).

I haven't heard of any updates with regards to the speakers. Yes, the Nikola speakers, while loud, lacks bass, and from what I understand the 16X ships with sub woofers. Not really sure exactly what the dimensions of the 16X pedals are and whether they're bigger than the Nikola's, but the Nikola pedals are great.

2 minutes ago, Nils said:

Not really sure exactly what the dimensions of the 16X pedals are and whether they're bigger than the Nikola's, but the Nikola pedals are great.

I was basing this off eWheels specs/comparison, .5 in longer, 1.2 in higher:

16-Wheel-Line-up-v1.2.jpg

19 minutes ago, Blueblade said:

I was basing this off eWheels specs/comparison, .5 in longer, 1.2 in higher:

Thanks! Well, I haven't had the chance to try the 16X myself yet, but I don't think the pedal size difference would matter in real life and don't use the speakers that much myself. At any rate, if you have the opportunity to try out both wheels (e.g. local user group or something) that would definitely be the best. You have to decide what's most important to you in the end, and it's very hard to actually find something definitive online that would say what's actually the best match for you. The specs will only get you so far, and will not account for the actual riding experience. I've only experienced the Nikola so far and can say that that is great, but can't compare it to the 16X myself.

• Like 2

Yes, I am going to wait for the dust (and drama)  to settle on the 16x rollout, let the bugs etc get worked, before making any decisions or opinions between the 2.  The 16x has a lot of potential, and the Nikola is a widely regarded awesome riding wheel, with a few minuses in bells and whistles.

It is going to be a while for me before it's a good time to drop $2K on a new toy like this anyway. My Glide 3 is still great fun for now, but it doesn't stop me from drooling over the new powerhouses :-)

so many good ~2000w / ~1600Wh+ choices!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

The speakers in the Nikola are 2" each.  Basically tweeters.  Even if the drivers are upgraded, you're still dealing with a couple of tweeters trying (and failing) to reproduce the entire audible spectrum.

If somebody really wanted some better sound out of the Nikola, there's room on both sides for a compact enclosure that could fit at least a shallow 4" speaker.  If you sealed that enclosure to the shell, and used a waterproof driver (should be plenty out there designed to be installed in boats) you could get an acceptable setup.

I believe it may have been Rama, but someone on this forum changed their Nikola speakers for some others bought on ebay or somewhere and said it was a drastic improvement.  But you're right, only so much can be done with 2"

6 hours ago, neurokinetik said:

The speakers in the Nikola are 2" each.  Basically tweeters.  Even if the drivers are upgraded, you're still dealing with a couple of tweeters trying (and failing) to reproduce the entire audible spectrum.

If somebody really wanted some better sound out of the Nikola, there's room on both sides for a compact enclosure that could fit at least a shallow 4" speaker.  If you sealed that enclosure to the shell, and used a waterproof driver (should be plenty out there designed to be installed in boats) you could get an acceptable setup.

I've been contemplating adding a sub on the blank side.   I'm too busy with work currently to tinker but hopefully soon, unless somebody wants to be the trailblazer???

4 hours ago, Blueblade said:

I believe it may have been Rama, but someone on this forum changed their Nikola speakers for some others bought on ebay or somewhere and said it was a drastic improvement.  But you're right, only so much can be done with 2"

Yep, a few have done the speaker swap and it's a vast improvement.

• Like 2