KS18XL

KAY GEE

26 minutes ago, DanCar said:

Are the pedals bigger?

"Yes, we will have large pedal soon, can expect to be available in Nov."

"You can contact with ewheels.com to get one, they will sell on line by then. 10 cm larger than our current ones."

Source:

Tina on the reddit forum

Beside the different battery size:

Upgraded LED frontlight with bigger heatsink.

Trolley: Completly overworked interior life; stronger locks, stronger pushbutton mechanism etc etc.

Trolley now black color instead of silver aluminum.

If pedals are bigger do they not risk scraping more, of course unless they are mounted higher.

@US69 have you heard if the led and trolley and pedals can be spare part fitted to a KS18L? Meaning bought as upgrade parts for people that already own a KS18L.

Maybe this tread fits better under Kingsong sub thread. Just a thought.

22 minutes ago, Rama Douglas said:

Thank God they got rid of that horrible mud flap. Looked like a scrotum! ?

Well I like my KS18L mudguard a lot. works like a charm. And don't break or shatter, due to beng made of flexable rubber,  in case you need to bail the wheel at some point. 

I would choose the rubber mudguard over hard plastic one any time.

18 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Well I like my KS18L mudguard a lot. works like a charm. And don't break or shatter, due to beng made of flexable rubber,  in case you need to bail the wheel at some point. 

I would choose the rubber mudguard over hard plastic one any time.

I'm sure it works well. Heck, my scrotum keeps my schlong from being tainted (pun intended) by the splash of dropping logs ?, but from a design perspective, (I feel) they failed massively with that flap. The 18L, is arguably one of the best looking wheels on the market. Mud flap was totally an afterthought. They really "dropped the ball" on that one. LOL Design-wise looks like they could do much better, still..."back to the old drawing board..."

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 9:08 PM, Unventor said:

If pedals are bigger do they not risk scraping more, of course unless they are mounted higher.

@US69 have you heard if the led and trolley and pedals can be spare part fitted to a KS18L? Meaning bought as upgrade parts for people that already own a KS18L.

Maybe this tread fits better under Kingsong sub thread. Just a thought.

LED and trolley CAN be fitted to 18L ...the Thing is if your seller is carrying that as a spare part.

Btw:

The new Flap is also no hard Plastik :-) 

2 minutes ago, See6 said:

Current 18L specs say the wheel will max at 31 mph and has range of 105k/67 miles or so.  

What will the 1554wh/2000w give the XL?

Not sure where that info came from but 67 mile range with a 1036 wh battery could only work if the rider weighed about 50 lbs, rode downhill at 10 mph... Maybe

Kingsong Europe has both listed.  Look at the data sheets.

https://www.kingsong-europe.com/en/unicycles/95-ks-18l.html

https://www.kingsong-europe.com/en/unicycles/126-ks-18xl.html

Interesting Forum here... Translate if you dont speak French...  they even know of Marty Backe

https://www.espritroue.fr/topic/6412-kingsong-18xl-1550wh/?tab=comments&br=ro&

1 hour ago, Marcglider said:

67 mile range with a 1036 wh battery could only work if the rider weighed about 50 lbs

If the rider is 50 lbs when wet, and wearing lead boots and diver's helmet.

On 10/9/2018 at 6:25 PM, Rama Douglas said:

Heck, my scrotum keeps my schlong from being tainted (pun intended) by the splash of dropping logs ? , 

That's all yours does? Mine made my three sons.

On 10/9/2018 at 5:47 PM, Rama Douglas said:

Thank God they got rid of that horrible mud flap. Looked like a scrotum! ?

I like the mudflap, and I will be ordering an extra. I happen to think it ups the macho factor of the wheel.

It also manages to be more tasteful than the baggy-sacks hanging from the trailer hitches of numerous Ford F150s, Chevy Silverados, and Dodge Rams traversing the various county routes of rural America.??

On 10/8/2018 at 3:37 PM, US69 said:

Trolley: Completly overworked interior life; stronger locks, stronger pushbutton mechanism etc etc.

Trolley now black color instead of silver aluminum.

Very nice. The first replacement is better than the original, but still needs improvement. This latest must be the answer. ? ?

10 hours ago, See6 said:

Current 18L specs say the wheel will max at 31 mph and has range of 105k/67 miles or so.  

What will the 1554wh/2000w give the XL?

Specs should be the same, except for the longer range. The battery is exactly 50% bigger. 1036Wh is a 50-55km wheel for the average rider, and "1600"Wh should give 80km instead.

16 hours ago, kasenutty said:

Can the scrotum mudflap still be special ordered?

Might as well go all in: https://www.google.com/search?q=truck+nuts

If we need "wheel nuts", maybe @EUC GUY can 3D print some:efee8319ab: Just need to be careful they don't get in the wheel well, that would be factually (crash) and metaphorically painful:eff05cf9bc:

Archived