THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

Congratulations @Forwardnbak, your youtube channel has now over 200 subscribers including me. People love to watch these videos!

Different youtubers offers us a variety of euc quality videos, euc review videos, unboxing videos, group ride videos and so on. What do you think of idea to reflect more on how you use an electric unicycle in your daily life? Just to show people that we don't necessarily have to own a car, instead we can do our daily things with an electric unicycle.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Wolverine said:

Congratulations @Forwardnbak, your youtube channel has now over 200 subscribers including me. People love to watch these videos!

Different youtubers offers us a variety of euc quality videos, euc review videos, unboxing videos, group ride videos and so on. What do you think of idea to reflect more on how you use an electric unicycle in your daily life? Just to show people that we don't necessarily have to own a car, instead we can do our daily things with an electric unicycle.

Thanks so much. It really helps with my confidence and I need that. Cheers I appreciate the support very much. 

I am kinda trying to focus on the daily grind using a EUC, it has changed my life using it daily and just wanted to share it. I felt I would have been a part of this world long before if I had of known. That was my motivator towards trying to offer a channel. 
I also kinda of want to focus on happiness, health and just fun. So much of the world is tough, it’s nice to have some light hearted escape. 

Thanks Wolverine, I’ve always noticed your support and appreciated it. 

Edited by Forwardnbak
  • Like 3

Not exactly an euc video. I do ride my mten in the end of it, cuz the mten is just that damn awesome! An euc is so much better than the scooter and ninebot, its laughable... Except for carrying heavy and off balance items. For that, other 'tools' had to be used. Fwiw, wife still wont step on an euc, but prefers the ninebot over the scooter. She's been riding the scooter for 2 yrs and still unsteady on it. She's getting good on the ninebot within 2-3miles.

God Bless rural America. You can come to visit, but yall gotta go back home when the pineapple hits the table...B)

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, OldFartRides said:

You keep flirting with the water…..

Lots of water around these parts but I always feel confident with the space. It looks a little worse I think on the camera, seems I have more room than it looks I think. 

@mrelwood Interesting, I didn't know that Inmotion had so much in the way of adjustability of the modes. I assume that a lot of riders probably opt for hard mode because it offers the least complicated most direct feedback. However I suspect that the other modes may actually be for the more advanced user once you figure out what to expect. There is a strange area here with what we may consider intuitive riding versus allowing the wheel to actually help you once you really understand what to expect from these so called helpful modes.

4 hours ago, Roadpower said:

@mrelwood Interesting, I didn't know that Inmotion had so much in the way of adjustability of the modes.

Yep. In my books they are so much ahead of the others that crippling oneself to only three modes feels way too limiting for me now. With three modes you choose the wheel that behaves closest to your liking, with Inmotion you are in control and you make the wheel behave the way you want.

I assume that a lot of riders probably opt for hard mode because it offers the least complicated most direct feedback.

I have met a lot of riders who simply put their wheels to hard mode because some Youtuber has said that it's the way to go, and they never even try the other two modes. Then they ask at the forums why their wheel is so laborous to accelerate and brake...

If someone prefers the hardest mode after trying them all out, I'm all for it, no further reasoning required. But too many are just too afraid to even try.

However I suspect that the other modes may actually be for the more advanced user once you figure out what to expect.

I actually think it's the opposite. A softer mode isn't something you need to learn to understand what to expect. It's what your body naturally expects it to do. If you put a new rider stand on a wheel with a hard mode, they continously over-correct their balance because the wheel's instant behavior is unnatural to us. Put it in a softer mode and the wiggling stops.

Think about a gas pedal in a car: The further you press, the more the car accelerates. It's immediately logical and pretty natural to use. If it was replaced with a solid pressure sensor that doesn't move at all, it would probably require more practice. And it would require more effort to keep a constant pressure.

Same goes for the riding modes. In a softer mode the ankle stays in a more natural position, and the rider gets immediate feedback about the strength of their lean. The settings I have on my V11 make it much more natural for me than any three mode wheel has ever offered. It simply works the way my body and mind expects it to, with very little effort. Riding uphill requires no fighting, it accelerates just like it does on flat ground. Unlike a hard mode that immediately tries to rectify the lean, requiring constant pushing.

allowing the wheel to actually help you once you really understand what to expect from these so called helpful modes.

The current hard modes we have are actually still a relatively new thing. Five years ago the hardest mode available was comparable to current soft or soft-medium mode. Current hard modes aren't even possible to achieve with low powered small battery wheels. As some people started aggressively pushing the limits, they noticed that they can utilize the hard mode better. And the manufacturers responded; each new wheel had a harder and harder hard mode. And people thought it was the only way to go, because it was a developement.

Hard is the new kid on the block that requires learning, softer modes are the ones where you don't need to expect or work for as much.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 4/5/2022 at 7:57 AM, Roadpower said:

@mrelwood Interesting, I didn't know that Inmotion had so much in the way of adjustability of the modes. I assume that a lot of riders probably opt for hard mode because it offers the least complicated most direct feedback. However I suspect that the other modes may actually be for the more advanced user once you figure out what to expect. There is a strange area here with what we may consider intuitive riding versus allowing the wheel to actually help you once you really understand what to expect from these so called helpful modes.

i agree

On 4/5/2022 at 12:03 PM, mrelwood said:

I actually think it's the opposite. A softer mode isn't something you need to learn to understand what to expect. It's what your body naturally expects it to do. If you put a new rider stand on a wheel with a hard mode, they continously over-correct their balance because the wheel's instant behavior is unnatural to us. Put it in a softer mode and the wiggling stops.

i've teach tons of riders and no one likes a softer mode at the beginning becouse it's less predictable, new riders are scared about leaning and trusting the wheel, most of the time they use hard and also rise the pedal 1-2 degree to accelerate without leaning !!!
i've faced this lot of times.

once they get confidence and experience they maybe change.

jm2c

• Like 1