THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

1 hour ago, da_toni said:

My first YouTube video, shot on iPhone X with DJI Osmo Mobile 2 enjoy ? 

Awesome video editing and music! Great pace along switch up on effects and transitions. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

Even more impressive! I hope we get to see more of this. 

Of course I would like to do more of this. ? But I am still waiting for MY BABY ?the KS18L. ???

• Like 1

7 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Aaaaaaha! If I weren't too good-natured lazy for that and as there are no MB brand related difficulties right now, such a video is doxxing gold!

What's your mileage on your shiny Tesla? Looks like it might be going up rapidly now.

Really?  :ph34r:  I wasn't going to post it since I threw it together quickly yesterday using Lightworks which wasn't as intuitive as it first looked.  That plus the Xiaomi phone really is not great at video.  I stabilized a couple clips with the camera post-processing feature after viewing them.  With the wind noise I thought it made the audio unusable.  

Oh well, I thought I would share how fun the Tesla is to zip around on so I just put the raw video clips in, and it did seem to convey the speed factor.  The wind noise is pretty accurate to what I hear at some points.  I need one of those mic mufflers.  Mileage is at about 328 km so far.

7 hours ago, steve454 said:

That's a nice trail you have there, lots of curves and nice looking area.  That camera has good stabilization, the wind noise wasn't too bad, at some angles there was no wind noise at all. 

Good plan slowing down around pedestrians, less chance of someone complaining.

I heard two speed beeps, that Tesla looks fast as hell.:thumbup:

It's a good trail with few people so I can zip around.  The S curves are fun to take at speed.  You can't see it, but I'm leaning over quite a bit to the side to maintain speed in the curves.  The last thing I ever want to do is alarm a pedestrian so I crawl by at baby speeds usually.  The Tesla is fast enough for me.  Maybe 60 kph would be fun in a future wheel, but I doubt I would go that fast.  45-48 kph isn't too bad once you get used to it!

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Here's a video of some guy filming with lots of wind noise on a Xiaomi camera.  It  must be tricky holding the selfie-stick with wrist guards on.  :whistling:

awesome! tearin it up- I wonder if people are turning their heads because of the pop jams tho ?

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

It helps them get out of the way quickly and see where all the ruckus is coming from.  Don't even need to use the bear bell when you got "Rick Astley" on loud.  :innocent1:

Omg I need to get a bluetooth speaker now

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, RayRay said:

I do not like this route. (Something particularly bothered me about 30 seconds in...) ?

low-rail.jpg.68a707d3ebb476c604a87f8bd1837509.jpg

I don't know if I'd feel safer sharing the narrow road with cars or on the sidewalk with the low rail-of-death. (A bad place to loose one's balance or something.) ?

haha rail of death! but, one should know I am a rather tall fellow @ 6'4", so for me, yes, the risk of me toppling over is greater. riding on that street? no way if there's a sidewalk. the payoff is that path with the 'caution steep hill' sign, which I hope to document for everyone here, soon ?‍♂

Edited by kour

4 hours ago, EUC GUY said:

Excellent but I was worried you were about to get smoked by the approaching sports car.

28517077698_cd80a952c6_b.jpg

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Excellent but I was worried you were about to get smoked by the approaching sports car.

28517077698_cd80a952c6_b.jpg

haha. He smiled at me once at the top. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

It helps them get out of the way quickly and see where all the ruckus is coming from.  Don't even need to use the bear bell when you got "Rick Astley" on loud.  :innocent1:

I think I know where he's heading with this... ?

14 hours ago, kour said:

Omg I need to get a bluetooth speaker now

We can form a (uni)cycle gang called the Rick-Rollers! ?

Edited by RayRay
terrorize the city with pop tunes!
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm not sure what this video demonstrated other than to affirm my decision to never ride with flip-flops, and, those toe-nails :blink1:

I must add, this isn't me by the way ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Edddeus said:

I must add, this isn't me by the way ?

That"s flying fish in Singapore?  Watching the video on Youtube and reading his description, he said the 1/2 second dead spot is normal behavior and not bad shims.

What is that on the front of the wheel, some kind of mount?

Edited by steve454
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, steve454 said:

That"s flying fish in Singapore?  Watching the video on Youtube and reading his description, he said the 1/2 second dead spot is normal behavior and not bad shims.

Yes that's right, thankyou Steve. ?

38 minutes ago, steve454 said:

That 1/2 second dead-spot in my Monster wasn't there when the wheel was brand new and it was worse before I worked on the shims/nuts. So I agree that it's not all due to bad shims, but some of it is caused by wear-and-tear in the motor.

42 minutes ago, steve454 said:

It's a Mars Rover extension handle.  An Aftermarket add on used in pulling the Monster about. It looks damaged though.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Edddeus said:

It's a Mars Rover extension handle.  An Aftermarket add on used in pulling the Monster about. It looks damaged though.

Thanks!  That handle looks just like the Ninebot one E+ add on accessory with the only difference being the mounting bracket, and being turned a little.  Image result for ninebot one e+ trolley handle

@Marty Backe could be an option for your Monster, but probably too flimsy for a wheel that heavy.

Edited by steve454
  • Upvote 1

On 5/27/2018 at 2:00 PM, kour said:

follow up documentation of route to chain bridge.. couple of shots of Potomac river

I'd be riding into DC all the time with that easy access. Give the tourists something to look at too? I wonder if EUCs are OK to ride around the Mall?

• Upvote 1