Msuper V3 1900, photos from Lukas gotway (MSX)

Just posted on Facebook by Lukas Gotway showing off the power of the Msuper X. Colour of the pads looks to have changed to black on the wheel used for this demo. Possibly has a factory fitted mudguard too.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, fbhb said:

Just posted on Facebook by Lukas Gotway showing off the power of the Msuper X. Colour of the pads looks to have changed to black on the wheel used for this demo. Possibly has a factory fitted mudguard too.

That does look impressive... But I can push a car by myself, so is it really that hard?

It would be interesting to see how this works with other wheels too.

14 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

That does look impressive... But I can push a car by myself, so is it really that hard?

It would be interesting to see how this works with other wheels too.

I have no doubt that you can given that you are a huge giant of a man, especially compared to the little guy on the wheel? But, yeah I still think it proves the Msuper X has some grunt, but a comparison/challenge to other wheels would make interesting viewing.

Hmmmm, after looking at all this, it has a few too many blinky LEDs for my taste. Hoping that I can snatch a red Msuper V3 T model for a better price when the X comes out. Of course, I might just be dreaming ....

20 minutes ago, MacPara said:

Hmmmm, after looking at all this, it has a few too many blinky LEDs for my taste. Hoping that I can snatch a red Msuper V3 T model for a better price when the X comes out. Of course, I might just be dreaming ....

I assume, like the Tesla, the LED light show can be turned off if desired.

Two more videos posted to Facebook by Lukas Gotway. It appears to be two Msuper X's attempting to climb the hill and both have the black pads seen in the previous video posted by Lukas. Also, for the benefit of @MacPara not a blinky light in sight!

1 hour ago, fbhb said:
Two more videos posted to Facebook by Lukas Gotway. It appears to be two Msuper X's attempting to climb the hill and both have the black pads seen in the previous video posted by Lukas. Also, for the benefit of @MacPara not a blinky light in sight!

That looks very impressive. I doubt I could do the same with my 88kg body... :D

But considering I weighed in at 96kg last summer, and 87-88 now, who knows? Maybe I'll weigh like one of these Chinese bantam-weights in another year... ?

Or maybe not... My target is 80kgs, on condition that all the muscle mass will stay where it is.

4 hours ago, Scatcat said:

That looks very impressive. I doubt I could do the same with my 88kg body... :D

But considering I weighed in at 96kg last summer, and 87-88 now, who knows? Maybe I'll weigh like one of these Chinese bantam-weights in another year... ?

Or maybe not... My target is 80kgs, on condition that all the muscle mass will stay where it is.

You so funny :laughbounce2:

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You so funny :laughbounce2:

There's still a lot of fat to lose, but the muscles stays where they are or no game!

Let's think about it in EUC-terms ;) 
You want one that weighs less, are leaner and stronger. That can handle the pressure and push through even on the steep hills, and won't lose their juice in a mile or two...

And of course, it doesn't hurt that my S.O starts to look at me "that way" again after losing 20lbs! :) 
I think I can stand the "attention" of losing another 20...

8 minutes ago, Scatcat said:

There's still a lot of fat to lose, but the muscles stays where they are or no game!

Let's think about it in EUC-terms ;) 
You want one that weighs less, are leaner and stronger. That can handle the pressure and push through even on the steep hills, and won't lose their juice in a mile or two...

And of course, it doesn't hurt that my S.O starts to look at me "that way" again after losing 20lbs! :) 
I think I can stand the "attention" of losing another 20...

I workout multiple times per week at the gym to try and maintain my fitness level. But aging is rough and I find it hard to maintain the same muscle/fat allocation as the clock advances. That's why I laugh, although I admire your determination.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I workout multiple times per week at the gym to try and maintain my fitness level. But aging is rough and I find it hard to maintain the same muscle/fat allocation as the clock advances. That's why I laugh, although I admire your determination.

28189201028_7a5a4398cc_b.jpg

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

28189201028_7a5a4398cc_b.jpg

:laughbounce2:

You know, sometimes I'm afraid to post something, wondering in the back of my mind, what you're going to do :unsure:

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Vegan, lean and mean.

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

:laughbounce2:

You know, sometimes I'm afraid to post something, wondering in the back of my mind, what you're going to do :unsure:

Your such a good sport buddy! ?

14 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

My role model is my wife's father that turned 72 this winter. He participated in the Vasaloppet, 56 miles of cross-country skiing. When it turned out the temperature was colder than expected and his skis consequently were prepared for slicker snow than there actually was, he just pushed through and finished anyway, doing 50% more work than he had expected to. :blink:

He maintained his flight certificate until two years ago, flying tourists around the country-side while being 70... He skis downhill too, a week a year, and he runs five miles a couple of times per week.

Had he not been a farmer, I expect he would have been an Indiana Jones style adventurer, he's that kind of guy. I realise I will never be able to acquire his life-spent-doing-hard-work tempering of my body, but he kind of illustrates it is quite possible to maintain your health and vigour much longer than most.

Actually starting with EUCs and realising my body had more or less just waited for an excuse to shed weight, got me thinking. If just riding on rough ground five to ten miles a day lost me six kilos, what the f*** was I waiting for, an invitation? So I started training, and lost another three kilos in short order.

The funny thing is that I've always had a rather good basic body condition, until a few years ago when my weight and static work finally got me feeling heavy. So while I don't expect doing beach body 2018 or even beach body 2019, I really really want to reacquire the sense of lightness and power that I took for granted when younger.

1 hour ago, Scatcat said:

My role model is my wife's father that turned 72 this winter. He participated in the Vasaloppet, 56 miles of cross-country skiing. When it turned out the temperature was colder than expected and his skis consequently were prepared for slicker snow than there actually was, he just pushed through and finished anyway, doing 50% more work than he had expected to. :blink:

He maintained his flight certificate until two years ago, flying tourists around the country-side while being 70... He skis downhill too, a week a year, and he runs five miles a couple of times per week.

Had he not been a farmer, I expect he would have been an Indiana Jones style adventurer, he's that kind of guy. I realise I will never be able to acquire his life-spent-doing-hard-work tempering of my body, but he kind of illustrates it is quite possible to maintain your health and vigour much longer than most.

Actually starting with EUCs and realising my body had more or less just waited for an excuse to shed weight, got me thinking. If just riding on rough ground five to ten miles a day lost me six kilos, what the f*** was I waiting for, an invitation? So I started training, and lost another three kilos in short order.

The funny thing is that I've always had a rather good basic body condition, until a few years ago when my weight and static work finally got me feeling heavy. So while I don't expect doing beach body 2018 or even beach body 2019, I really really want to reacquire the sense of lightness and power that I took for granted when younger.

Nice story.

I do agree that rough trail riding, the kind that I like to do, is great exercise. My legs can feel like rubber sometimes after a hard ride. Who says EUCs are for the lazy?

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Nice story.

I do agree that rough trail riding, the kind that I like to do, is great exercise. My legs can feel like rubber sometimes after a hard ride. Who says EUCs are for the lazy?

Parts of the way to and from work is almost like trail-riding, but on asphalt. Bend your knees or lose them, kinda. ;) 

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Nice story.

Even after a short ride yesterday I felt a burn in my legs from the short ride yesterday. I returned to weightlifting and was amazed how much muscle mass I had lost over the past 3 months.

8 hours ago, Scatcat said:

The funny thing is that I've always had a rather good basic body condition, until a few years ago when my weight and static work finally got me feeling heavy

Luckly my job is not sedate so my weight only fluctuates by a few pounds.  It sounds like your making gains in building muscle mass along with loosing weight. Congrats!

6 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Even after a short ride yesterday I felt a burn in my legs from the short ride yesterday. I returned to weightlifting and was amazed how much muscle mass I had lost over the past 3 months.

Luckly my job is not sedate so my weight only fluctuates by a few pounds.  It sounds like your making gains in building muscle mass along with loosing weight. Congrats!

For now I focus on cardio and muscle stamina. I try to keep the calorie-usage in the six to seven hundreds per session. About 15-20 minutes at 90-100W on the crosstrainer, then 5km on the treadmill. I train together with my beautiful woman, and if she ain't done, I do some repetitions on the crunch machine and back trainer to pass the last minutes.

When I get to a consistent 10kph mean speed on the 5km run, while keeping my heart rate below 160, I plan to mix in some weights into the training. Like every other session running the full distance, and the other session spending the last 20 minutes tuning my muscles. But I'm in no hurry, before lifting weights I want my stamina to be really good. Endurance training makes the biggest difference in my everyday life, and it loses me the most weight. Also I'm keen to keep my agility high, so I have to set aside some time for that.

Already I've had to retire a few sets of trousers that are too wide, and I've brought back a few others that I thought forever lost to me.

2 minutes ago, Scatcat said:

Already I've had to retire a few sets of trousers that are too wide, and I've brought back a few others that I thought forever lost to me.

Excellent buddy! It sounds like your on a mission to success!  For me at the moment I need to go downstairs and work out to bring my blood pressure down. 

2 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Excellent buddy! It sounds like your on a mission to success!  For me at the moment I need to go downstairs and work out to bring my blood pressure down. 

So far I've had no real troubles with blood pressure. When my life-style were at its worst, I did have some problems with cholesterol levels, but I suspect that is not a big problem anymore. I try to eat healthier at least, but that part mainly consists of avoiding to much processed food and sugars. I still eat almost anything, and have no plans becoming a zelot. Having a burger every once and then should be OK, as long as it is not your primary food.

Sweets I can avoid mostly, as long as no-one tries to tell me off my coffee! I'm a Swede, we drink coffee by the litre.

Ok guys let’s stick to the subject of the MSUPER X , maybe start a new thread on all of your work out, body/diet routines.. really !  ?

That's right!  Darn thread derailers can never focus and stick to the topic.  :rolleyes:  Worse  than a gaggle of college school girls chit chatting at a sleepover.  :innocent1:

I wonder if the new MSuper X will have the Tesla style control board set-up or conventional board on the side.  It would be cool to see an inverted design where the heatsink is on top with fins exposed to open air and the board mounted underneath which may assist in waterproofing and heat dissapation.

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to Msuper V3 1900, photos from Lukas gotway (MSX)

Archived