New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

I’m getting overloads all the time when pushing hard uphill. I’m 175. Original firmware. I have V10 (not F). But I’ve never heard ventilator. Even if I try to turn it on manually in the App nothing happens. Or at least I don’t hear it. Has anyone ever heard ventilator?

Edited by Rok Tomažin

i just hope when all the bugs get worked out, either android or apple or both, pls let everyone know on this thread or somewhere. 

i’m still using the original ios and firmware from may 16th. i know the total distance is wrong but i don’t care, don’t think i can change the lights, again, don’t care. got the pedals angled or level like i want them etc, so it works the way i like it, so i’ve learned not to fix it until broken. kingsong taught me that. holding my breath on how difficult the 18L coming will be to get the way i like it.

Just now, Marty Backe said:

I just rode @Michael Vu's white KS18L last night for a bit. You'll love this wheel. I sure did. Finally, an 18-inch wheel from KingSong that feels like a typical EUC.

thank you for that. i really think for pasture travel(anything works on pavement) an 18” wheel is best but that extra battery pack up top on the 18s does seem to put extra pressure on my lower back trying to keep it upright out there.

not thrilled about the final price on the z10 but i’ll wait for ur opinion.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, novazeus said:

thank you for that. i really think for pasture travel(anything works on pavement) an 18” wheel is best but that extra battery pack up top on the 18s does seem to put extra pressure on my lower back trying to keep it upright out there.

not thrilled about the final price on the z10 but i’ll wait for ur opinion.

This will ultimately be discussed more in my Z10 thread, but you may be disappointed in the Z10 in your pasture riding. More testing today, but I did a bunch of trail riding late yesterday in our Z10 group ride at Griffith Park. The Z10 tire takes anything (it really loves sand) but it continuously pulls left and right as it seems to track every undulation in the ground. You have to learn to go with the flow and let it do its thing. So what I'm saying is that your KS18 inch wheels will probably feel more steady than the Z10 18-inch wheel when you're traveling over rough terrain.

I have a lot more experimenting to do, including over grass, etc. Need to play with the different air pressures. So don't cancel your Z10 order just yet ;) But this is my initial raw 'first' impression.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

This will ultimately be discussed more in my Z10 thread, but you may be disappointed in the Z10 in your pasture riding. More testing today, but I did a bunch of trail riding late yesterday in our Z10 group ride at Griffith Park. The Z10 tire takes anything (it really loves sand) but it continuously pulls left and right as it seems to track every undulation in the ground. You have to learn to go with the flow and let it do its thing. So what I'm saying is that your KS18 inch wheels will probably feel more steady than the Z10 18-inch wheel when you're traveling over rough terrain.

I have a lot more experimenting to do, including over grass, etc. Need to play with the different air pressures. So don't cancel your Z10 order just yet ;) But this is my initial raw 'first' impression.

when we were kids living out here in bfe, like no pavement anywhere, u couldn’t have some skinny wheel bicycle like a ten speed. even if u could get it going in the sandy pastures, one little cactus spine would flatten ur tires. the 18s and v10f. are the only ones i have that could possibly work out there, tire wise.

what u are saying is what i was fearing about the z10. my ktm 525exc enduro motorcycle doesn’t have big fat tires on it. the low profile tire of the z10 is not really what u want for offroad. 

• Like 1

Hi,

before I upgraded my V10F to FW 2.2.7, it was setup for max speed of 34 km/h.

About 8 days ago, I did the update. Now I setup the wheel for 38 km/h - but it still gets the alarm at 34 km/h. I've checked on the smartphone - the alarm comes on 34km/h - no chance to drive any faster . Any help?

Android App 7.04

16 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

Hi,

About 8 days ago, I did the update. Now I setup the wheel for 38 km/h - but it still gets the alarm at 34 km/h. I've checked on the smartphone - the alarm comes on 34km/h - no chance to drive any faster . Any help?

Android App 7.04

My V10F is still running FW 2.2.6 and has speed set at 25mph (40kph). Depending on battery levels, I've had the alarm come on at 24.5 (39.4 ), 23.5 (37.8), 22.5 (36.2 ) and 21.6 (34.8). My riding weight, with gear is 220+/- lbs.  The 21.6 mph warning was with the battery at 60%.

43 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

Hi,

Android App 7.04

Are you sure you are not on 2.2.6? 2.2.7 is a beta for testing and you should report problems to inmotion. 2.2.6 had one bug and it is this exact limit to 33-34 kph. 

I'm sure @MBIKER_SURFER is on 2.2.6 but I'm on 2.2.6 and never had the alarm at 33-34kph until yesterday with battery at 60%.

As I posted earlier today, my alarms have been at 24.5 (39.4 ), 23.5 (37.8), 22.5 (36.2 ) and 21.6 (34.8). My riding weight, with gear is 220+/- lbs. 

I've got the BIG tilt-back a couple times when climbing steep hills while pushing speed as hard as possible. Another time I got it with battery levels below 40% after riding for 1.5 hours on a hot day going up a slight hill at speed. This is the big issue that all of us V10F owners are hoping there is a fix for. 

Edited by JerryR
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

Hi,

Android App 7.04

You should be able to switch riding modes and reset the speed control limit. I found that the 2.27 firmware has a glitch and every once in a while, you need to switch the ride mode, to get it back into shape. 

I know I said they fixed the rides in the firmware, but it has begun some sort of ride mode drift, and when the vehicle feels mushy and slow, I just reset the ride mode and it has fixed it for me.

2 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

That's for sure. I got it via inmotion - 2.2.7

Then you are one of the few beta testers. Please report this to InMotion so that they can fix it before releasing it publicly. 

On 7/15/2018 at 10:01 AM, Marty Backe said:

Does this mean the KS18L is a tested approved wheel for us average American folk?

9 minutes ago, dw8928 said:

Does this mean the KS18L is a tested approved wheel for us average American folk?

It will be fantastic both myself and the more North American carriaged Michael Vu had no problems with it at all.

I found it totally manueverable and even more comfortable feeling than my V10F that I have over 700 miles on.

Once they fix the Firmware bugs, it will be one of my favorite rides. I already know this, or feel it having felt the ride quality of the KS18L. Its even the same size as the V10F and has the trolley handle wheel disengagement function. Of course, it has the Kingsong headlight, so at night you will at least be able to see what it about to make you clench just as it gets to the wheel.