New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

The InMotion app is killing the battery on my phone, a Samsung S5. What are you guys using, and how long does your phone last with the app running? I start losing battery significantly after a very short time, and my phone gets hot. I have no proplems using Google Maps or other GPS based apps.

Also, where can you go for the DarknessBot app? Is it worth using? What do you get from it?

1 hour ago, kjon12 said:

The InMotion app is killing the battery on my phone, a Samsung S5. What are you guys using, and how long does your phone last with the app running? I start losing battery significantly after a very short time, and my phone gets hot. I have no proplems using Google Maps or other GPS based apps.

Also, where can you go for the DarknessBot app? Is it worth using? What do you get from it?

Darkness bot is IOS only. You want Wheellog for android and I believe V10 support was just added. Look in the General Forum for the Wheellog thread and go to one of the last pages to download the latest version. Note that the version on the Play Store is old and out of date and will not work. Use the one you download from here. If you use Wheellog you'll hardly ever need to use the Inmotion app again. They made it very pretty but the battery issues are a complete let down.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

Darkness bot is IOS only. You want Wheellog for android and I believe V10 support was just added. Look in the General Forum for the Wheellog thread and go to one of the last pages to download the latest version. Note that the version on the Play Store is old and out of date and will not work. Use the one you download from here. If you use Wheellog you'll hardly ever need to use the Inmotion app again. They made it very pretty but the battery issues are a complete let down.

Thanks, I'll go get it.

49 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

Use the one you download from here. If you use Wheellog you'll hardly ever need to use the Inmotion app again.

OK, I got it and installed it on my phone. Is the Pebble the only watch you can use with it? I used to have a Pebble and wore it for a couple of years, but its been supplanted by newer smartwatches. I went hunting for my old Pebble, but I can't find it. Maybe I tossed it?! I did get Wheellog to connect to my V10F in a couple seconds...nice!

Edited by kjon12

8 minutes ago, kjon12 said:

OK, I got it and installed it on my phone. Is the Pebble the only watch you can use with it? I used to have a Pebble and wore it for a couple of years, but its been supplanted by newer smartwatches. I went hunting for my old Pebble, but I can't find it. Maybe I tossed it?! I did get Wheellog to connect to my V10F in a couple seconds...nice!

Plans are a foot for an Android Wear version but it isn't out yet. Personally, as an Android Wear user I'm much happier having my Pebble permenently mounted on my wrist guard. If I fall I'd rather smash up my $35 Pebble than my $250 Huawei Watch 2 Classic. The strap wouldn't fit anyway. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, kjon12 said:

I agree. If I'm not killing the app after riding, my phone battery is empty next morning.

10 hours ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

That might be true - but annoying, if I had to stop to get the real battery status. 

I think it would be best if the apps showed the realtime voltage refreshed at least once a second. Riders must understand the relation between the battery voltage and the way they ride. Accelerating fast from 30% really does drop the battery to 0%, which is dangerous. If the app would still show 30%, the rider might not know how close they are to over-leaning the wheel.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

Thanks for the information! Just to be sure, is that the version dated from October 2017 that supports the V10F?

UPDATE: my bad! I was looking at the wrong place... got version 2.0.13. Thx!!!

Edited by Fastmike
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

O.K. - no load (weight) on the wheel. I can't get any further than 51 km (85kg - no offroad, no hills) - than the wheel kicks me off. So for me, it is very disappointing concerning range of the V10F.

It seems to be. What was your driving 'style' for that test? No strong acceleration/braking? Average speed? Thx

12 hours ago, kjon12 said:

I needed a new phone so I got the Motorola Z2 force for a steal on ebay. The Motorola has “moto mods” that attach to the back of the phone like extra batteries I have 2, they also have JBL sound speaker,  72” video projector, Hasselblad lens camera, Poloroid printing camera, qwerty slide out keyboard, and a couple more I cant remember. 

When the phone loses power I just snap on a battery and its good to go for another 3-5 hours of the app draining.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

Personally, as an Android Wear user I'm much happier having my Pebble permenently mounted on my wrist guard.

Same here. :) 

Recently bought a NOS Pebble Steel specifically for this purpose - turned out to be really handy while riding.

Wearing it under my wrist guard.

Edited by Mystic Traveller
  • Like 1

@maltocs looking again at your video and mainly comments on 2.2.8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tngxSmOb5s&feature=youtu.be

Does that mean that in a try to resolve the overheat problem, InMotion has intentionally limited the max power to 1226W??? vs the 2000W of 'sustained' power advertized with peaks up to 4000W for the V10F??? Something is really wrong there..

30 minutes ago, Fastmike said:

@maltocs looking again at your video and mainly comments on 2.2.8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tngxSmOb5s&feature=youtu.be

Does that mean that in a try to resolve the overheat problem, InMotion has intentionally limited the max power to 1226W??? vs the 2000W of 'sustained' power advertized with peaks up to 4000W for the V10F??? Something is really wrong there..

No, that would make no sense. 

56 minutes ago, Fastmike said:

I think what he was doing was to report what his vehicle’s max power was when he got the overload. He has gotten much higher maximum power readings and not Overloaded.

It seems to be speaking to the idea that the Inmotion V10F circuit board design is for crap and not at all as suited for the motor as the V8 control board to its motor.

Its the equivalent of having a supercharger made for a 4cylinder car and the cubic volume of air needed to produce combustion and putting it on a 6 cylinder engine which requires more airflow. It seems more powerful on paper, but not in practice. 

Really is a shame, since I love, love, love the V8 and was expecting that type of perfection from the V10

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Mystic Traveller said:

Almost the same here but V8 instead of V5F. :)

I bought the V10F because I couldn’t wait for the Z10 anymore and glad I did. The height of the shin pads makes it very sturdy and easy to mount. I’m still on the original firmware waiting for confirmation that the firmware is fixed and won’t affect my wheel or ride for my fat 255 pound ass! 

Edited by Harold Farrenkopf
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

I bought the V10F because I couldn’t wait for the Z10 anymore and glad I did. The height of the shin pads makes it very sturdy and easy to mount. I’m still on the original firmware waiting for confirmation that the firmware is fixed and won’t affect my wheel or ride for my fat 255 pound ass! 

Same for me. I would still be riding my S2 and waiting for the Z10. Horrible thought. 

I think you should go ahead and upgrade the firmware. No complaints on 2.2.8 and you will probably like the comfort mode.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Same for me. I would still be riding my S2 and waiting for the Z10. Horrible thought. 

I think you should go ahead and upgrade the firmware. No complaints on 2.2.8 and you will probably like the comfort mode.

No no no no no no. There is nothing, nothing nothing better in their updates yet. Wait it out.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2