New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

2 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

I just updated the firmware, and the vehicle does seem to be a lot more like the V8 feel in Comfort Mode. I will go on a test ride later this afternoon to see how it likes the paved wall hill in Griffith Park. 

Even though the update speaks nothing to the Overload snafus, I wonder if there werent tweaks to other aspects of the ride as well. I hope to find out about these gems very soon. :clap3:

Update - Just did a 4.7 mile ride and all is well! Feels zippy, like it just had a nap and worked a lot of issues out. Going out after some lunch for a big ride. I would like @maltocs to see if this has solved his issues in reaching his L.A. mountain shalet. 

I'm on it! If I don't get to it today, i'll knock it out NLT tomorrow. 

I do the v10f update getting the red flashing light error and the euc don`t move. Something goes wrong in one of the several times I try the update (apparently not rebooting it in the correct way) 

The v10f can be switched on and connected to the app but nothing more from that. Is a kind of soft bricking. Any help is welcome, but I hope @Bobwheel  read this

1 hour ago, maltocs said:

I'm on it! If I don't get to it today, i'll knock it out NLT tomorrow. 

Dont bother. Not fixed yet with update 2.28. It is quicker, and maybe you could go a little further before it Overloads with your lead foot climbing abilities, but I am not promising anything. I Overloaded twice on a hill I had previously done with no problem using Firmware 1.07.

On a different note, it does accelerate better in Comfort mode. Classic Mode feels like a mushy vehicle from 2015. Not sure if that is what they were going for, but that is the result that I got.

@Demargon @Дмитрий Анатольевич    If your current version is earlier than 1.1.x,  A Correction must be done after the upgrade!   It can be found in APP-Setting-SCV Correction-Car body turnning and fowarding correction (Called Turning and Forwarding Adjustment on IOS, Make sure that your V10 is perpendicular to the ground before correction. As shown here:https://image.ibb.co/cU649J/140_B78_D5_31_E5_4561_9162_4_D4_F49_EA2779.png)"

So the red error lights actually is a sign to wait for your extra correction. @Jrosenzweig Jason was right, IOS is apparently more stable than Android APP, and we've struggled with Android couples of days ago. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Bobwheel said:

@Stan Onymous @maltocs The 2.2.8 should be slightly better than 2.2.7 in terms of overheat, since we have done some more optimization. 

@Demargon @Дмитрий Анатольевич  I'll get back to you soon.

It is not better at the Overload situation, but the feel of the vehicle on flat land is fantastic in Comfort Mode. It does reach a higher temerature before and after the Overload happens as I recorded 69°C further along on my ride without problems.

With Firmware 1.07 my V10F had enough torque and power to climb a very steep hill without the overload. All of the updates have introduced the Overload warning to the machine including this one. My Overload happened when I was at 1970watts. Both times with firmware 1.07 and this 2.28 I was 13 miles into the ride. The firmware 1.07 gave me no overloads or speed throttling prematurely, and today it was about 2°C cooler. After I received the Overload on today’s ride, I turned off then on the machine immediately and continued up the hill without the overload.

I did a video and tried to record the phone on the camera of the hill ride, but was unsucessful. I will send you a link or tag you when I post it here.

Edited by Stan Onymous

41 minutes ago, Jrosenzweig said:

I hope you can recover, I now will only use my iPad to upgrade, I don't have confidence in the Android app for firmware upgrade.

I used the Android to upgrade and it went fine. I always do the forward/vehicle correction function after I restart the machine after the Update. I am using a Motorola z2 force with 7.0 android running.

The Good is that the V10F feels very fast and quick and like the upgrade to the V8 that some were hoping for in Comfort Ride Mode.

For you heavier riders, the Overload warning will probably be there, since it was for me on a hill that I had climbed on the original firmware almost accidentally. This attempt took 2 tries, but did it make it? Look for yourself.. 

And the Original attempt below...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

Dont bother. Not fixed yet with update 2.28. It is quicker, and maybe you could go a little further before it Overloads with your lead foot climbing abilities, but I am not promising anything. I Overloaded twice on a hill I had previously done with no problem using Firmware 1.07.

On a different note, it does accelerate better in Comfort mode. Classic Mode feels like a mushy vehicle from 2015. Not sure if that is what they were going for, but that is the result that I got.

From the firmware description it sounds like the classic mode is supposed to run cooler. Did you try your hill in classic mode?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Nils said:

From the firmware description it sounds like the classic mode is supposed to run cooler. Did you try your hill in classic mode?

Nopes, just in Comfort. I did run Classic after the hill up a milder hill, and it climbed to 69°C and the feel was unresponsive and felt less powerful overall in Classic mode. Kinda like an olde thymie EUC from 2015.

However, I did not try the hill in Classic and I will give it another try tomorrow in the morning so I can let you know before it gets too late over there.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

Nopes, just in Comfort. I did run Classic after the hill up a milder hill, and it climbed to 69°C and the feel was unresponsive and felt less powerful overall in Classic mode. Kinda like an olde thymie EUC from 2015.

However, I did not try the hill in Classic and I will give it another try tomorrow in the morning so I can let you know before it gets too late over there.

Cheers, would be nice to know. From your description it doesn't sound like the classic mode is a hit anyway though. I get that impression from the firmware description as well - runs cooler but seems worse off in all other aspects. It's called classic mode, but I don't get the impression that it actually corresponds to the old default driving mode at all then? More like a throttled-less-likely-to-overheat mode perhaps.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, maltocs said:

Me personally, I'm happy with update. If you really want to see the video, it's here.... https://youtu.be/HVdXZ9e5Oyk, just riding, no commentary. Still more testing to go!

What riding mode were you in, and did you notice higher accepted temperatures?

also, that Youtube link wont work for me by pasting or through the link.

39 minutes ago, maltocs said:

Last week I made a video showing three times where it overloaded on me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V-HhN_WFNA. I just loaded up f2.2.8 and redid the hill test. Results were much better.

[..]

Me personally, I'm happy with update.

Do you have any opinion on the feel of the classic mode?