i am still thinking the z10 will be a big disapointment ......

Honestly i think it will play in the same power class as a KS16S.

The announced number of 800w nominal in the chinese Instruction, with a max of 1800w for the z10 seams to match my exspectations.

In all comments from -the very very experienced - electroway on fb....he was all, but not anything that can be called excited :-)

Edited by US69
  • Like 3

It is bloody time for NB to come clean.

What are the actual specs?

• What about continuous power and peak power?
  • What about cut-out lift speed?
  • What about climbing angles?
  • Heat handling?
  • Torque?
  • Actual range with a rider that is NOT a teen weighing 60 kgs dripping wet?

They're pretty good at looking good, but that is the ice-cream and tart, not the meat of the supper.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Pretty sure the lie for regulation reasons. We know 20km/h isn't going to be true.

The unique form factor and design still is neat. Compact, wide, nice! But the pedals are definitely too low, in these cirles the guy does in the video, they already nearly touch the ground. Offroad that isn't going to work very well.

• Like 2

For  Z10 -   speed of 20 km/h is only "on paper" - in the application there is slider which allows to increase max speed up to 45 km/h - and afaik it works OK

Regarding torque - ONE E+ model had only 30 cells x 2900mAh!,  Kingsong  KS16S is 64cells x 3400mAh,

Z10 is most likely 84 cells x 3200 - 3500 mAh  (3,7V x 3,2Ah x 84 cells = 994,56 Wh)  - it should have enough torque/power in my opinion. Maybe not enough for extreme riders/hill climbing (which are probably 1-5% of users, which NB is not targeting) but more than enough for intensive daily use.  With all gear on - I am around 90 kg - KS16S provides enough torque for me.

More technical reviews shall be available soon....  

Edited by Lukasz
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, em1barns said:

What about the 800w nominal motor mention?

I don't know.

Maybe they lie (in some way). Maybe it is 800W on paper but feels much more stronger in reality. Maybe the wheel is an absolute joke. Maybe something else? I don't know.

All I know that @Jason McNeil's initial impressions seem to have been quite good. So time to wait and hope for the best:efee47c9c8:

12 hours ago, EUCMania said:

newest z10 video

So, looks like we still have Old E+ pedals (hes almost touching the ground when maneuvering), and that it looks good while riding very slow, WOW..... what  a disappointment, seriously. Either Ninebot is really teasing us and many of us will be very  impressed or this will be simular to E+ with better looks or possibly P ;). Im starting to think that I'll be getting Gotway again........

20 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

So, looks like we still have Old E+ pedals (hes almost touching the ground when maneuvering), and that it looks good while riding very slow, WOW..... what  a disappointment, seriously. Either Ninebot is really teasing us and many of us will be very  impressed or this will be simular to E+ with better looks or possibly P ;). Im starting to think that I'll be getting Gotway again........

There are new pedals "on the way" those presented during the fairs...  Standard E+ pedals are to wide for Z model as there is no battery bulges on the sides, so rider keeps shoes closer to the body of the wheel. E+ pedals protrude 14 cm from the chassis, new pedals - only 11,43 cm. In general - pedals are easy to replace, or even mill your own if in real need, so this shall not be such a big issue - however it is sad that NB leaves it somehow "unfinished"  I hope real production model will have new pedals, also the should have inserts with grip as in KS16S, as rubber is slippery when wet (TESTED MYSELF MANY TIMES...) 

onez.thumb.PNG.3108e218f556ebc4041d54178113c520 (1).PNG

Lq8SH9K (1).jpg

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Imarconi said:

Another nice video that doesn’t show anything relevant ?

It does confirm once more that Ninebot is going with the E+ pedals. So let's review, 58.8v, 800w, E+ pedals, no videos showing Z10 performance on inclines, bad trolley handle ...

Too many red flags.

33 minutes ago, Lukasz said:

There are new pedals "on the way" those presented during the fairs...  Standard E+ pedals are to wide for Z model as there is no battery bulges on the sides, so rider keeps shoes closer to the body of the wheel. E+ pedals protrude 14 cm from the chassis, new pedals - only 11,43 cm. In general - pedals are easy to replace, or even mill your own if in real need, so this shall not be such a big issue - however it is sad that NB leaves it somehow "unfinished"  I hope real production model will have new pedals, also the should have inserts with grip as in KS16S, as rubber is slippery when wet (TESTED MYSELF MANY TIMES...) 

onez.thumb.PNG.3108e218f556ebc4041d54178113c520 (1).PNG

Lq8SH9K (1).jpg

ok, I see... they would be covered with grip tape as I have done with E+.

Not sure why Ninebot is being hush, hush about their product :huh:. People only gonna wait so long before they turn to other products.... others are starting and Im getting pretty close to just give up on this machine all together.

If Msuper X comes up for sale before this from eWheels, guess what I'll be getting!

1 minute ago, RoberAce said:

I put the target on Kingsong 18L I think this will be the 2018 best choice

KS18L seems to be good wheel (torque off function, good reputation from KS16S...  ) but please take into consideration that we also DO NOT HAVE those wheels around yet...  it is delayed also...   

Regarding Z10 - news/review shall be available soon...    Maybe EU/US market is not yet that important for NB....  I am sure that they have now enough experience and knowledge to make really good wheel... how it will look like - we will see soon.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, RoberAce said:

I put the target on Kingsong 18L I think this will be the 2018 best choice

My target, given that the NBZ10 doesn't get golden reviews, have become Gotway MSuper X.

It's the first wheel from Gotway that I feel fairly certain have what it takes electronically. 12x247 MOS should be able to handle quite brutal spikes of power without burning out, and the larger PCB and layout seems to be a lot more rational than before.

Off course, there's still the QC of Gotway, it seems to have become slightly better, but it still clearly has some way to go before it reaches the levels of KS and IM.

• Like 1