Seller told me today: 

Hello dear friend, the factory replied to us today. They may provide NINEBOT Z10 in  may. If you can wait, please extend the delivery time. Thank you very much

Edited by RoberAce
  • Like 1

A few pictures exported from YT video published by Electroway.ru

handle closed.jpg

Edited by Lukasz
file quota limit reached - attachment deleted
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Adel said:

I wonder if you can install the trolley handle without the mudguard.

I think yes, but mudguard is really needed in case of any rain - as You will have all your back really dirty without it.

On 4/17/2018 at 5:05 PM, FreeRide said:

I will say Ninebot has a history of underpowered devices.... If they have not solved this issue for the Z series they will be dead.  I'm hoping they realized that this wheel has to succeed and that EUC riders are not going to listen to excuses about their battery pack.  It might be possible that they think they can sell it in Asian countries so they are not worried about their small market share now in NA, but I sure hope not.  They did so many good things early on with the EUC, and with the MiniPro, but they have not been able to keep up with the market.  It seems that InMotion has really stepped up, and is targeting NA as well as other regions.  I hope Ninebot can stay in the game, but they really let the cat out of the bag a little early.  I imagine the batteries are not in a suspended frame and as such I worry about the centripetal force that will be applied to them since it appears they are inside the hub.  Crossing my fingers, and hoping that they surprise us all. 

From the computer images I've seen I think the batteries are still contained in the shell, but the hub motor cover instead of being convex is concave since the rim is wider to accommodate the wider wheel.  When you look at open hub motors there is a lot of empty space inside and the covers are like domes where there is further space under them.  I may be wrong, but I believe with a different motor cover design they are able to make use of that space for the shell to follow suit and allow battery placement in the cavity.

Ninebot should offer a customized black and orange trimmed version of the Z wheel and sign a brand deal to label it the "Harley Davidson" special edition.  That would attract a bunch of interest I think in addition to the Batman theme.  These wheels remind me of the Harley Fatboys...

1c2cee4dede8255ba67dffee50e758ca.jpg

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, mezzanine said:

I'm feeling pretty lucky that the potential speed issue that will prevent others from getting a Z10 won't affect me at all.  I don't care how fast it goes as long as it will hit 40km/h.  

I'm happy with 40km/h, but it needs torque for a fun ride.  Like an early Miata, top-end is not really that important to me or interesting, the bottom is where the fun is if it has the torque and acceleration.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 16/04/2018 at 4:42 AM, Lukasz said:

See specification sheet:

image.thumb.png.898511dd822e9fe8b76bdbaf2a524f6a.png

800 W nominal ??? I had understood that when they said 1200, 1500 or 1800 W it was nominal... Desappointed... But will it be enough ?

What about max speed ? Why have they written 20 km/h max for the Z10 ? U asked them on Facebook and their reply was that « 20km/h is the safe speed ». What does it mean according to you ?

3 hours ago, Confusius15 said:

800 W nominal ??? I had understood that when they said 1200, 1500 or 1800 W it was nominal... Desappointed... But will it be enough ?

What about max speed ? Why have they written 20 km/h max for the Z10 ? U asked them on Facebook and their reply was that « 20km/h is the safe speed ». What does it mean according to you ?

« 20km/h is the safe speed » means: we have to meet the legal requirements on paper  --not over the asfalt-- 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 19/04/2018 at 7:06 PM, houseofjob said:

Looks like Green Fashion got their Z (dunno if this is just a demo or they got their actual pre-order stock in):

ks2GSP9.jpgYbnkTgG.jpg

it's pictures of green & fashion? Because they do not sell Mini PLUS (white package behind)

Edited by jojo33

6 hours ago, Confusius15 said:

Why not ?

Because it absolutely makes no sense for this kind of wheel to have such a weak motor. 800W/58.8V = 13.6A. 995Wh seems to be 14S6P with 3200mAh cells (really not sure about this, no idea about the other sizes, can't get the numbers to work) so even 60A would theoretically work. 60V*60A = 3600W!

Though looking at that table (can't read Chinese though), maybe it really is 800W nominal? Would have to feel completely different from the 800W motors we are used to, much more torque etc (it's 18 inches after all!) so it feels much stronger than other 800W motors.

Now I'm confused:efeeab781c: Maybe these W numbers are no longer comparable with different motor builds?

Or they report low numbers for some purposes? What is the 20km/h thing? We know the wheels will go faster.

7 hours ago, jojo33 said:

it's pictures of green & fashion? Because they do not sell Mini PLUS (white package behind)

Because Chinese dealers are always honest and never sneak sell stuff on the side, right? ;)

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Because it absolutely makes no sense for this kind of wheel to have such a weak motor. 800W/58.8V = 13.6A. 995Wh seems to be 14S6P with 3200mAh cells (really not sure about this, no idea about the other sizes, can't get the numbers to work) so even 60A would theoretically work. 60V*60A = 3600W!

Though looking at that table (can't read Chinese though), maybe it really is 800W nominal? Would have to feel completely different from the 800W motors we are used to, much more torque etc (it's 18 inches after all!) so it feels much stronger than other 800W motors.

Now I'm confused:efeeab781c: Maybe these W numbers are no longer comparable with different motor builds?

Or they report low numbers for some purposes? What is the 20km/h thing? We know the wheels will go faster.

3600W seems huge !! :-)

I can't read chinese either but it appears to be where there are informations about the motor in the table.

By the way wouldn't it mean the Z6 is weaker than the One E+/S2 (1200 W vs 1500 W) ?

Sorry to share my confusion then ;-)

I hope so

You're right, these W numbers are suspiciously low either way.

And theoretically: the 1680Wh KS18S can do around 67.2V*8(parallel packs)*10A(per cell) = 5376W max, so around 3600W theoretical maximum isn't thaaaaaaat huge as it may seem. I guess you'll never reach those numbers in real life, but theoretically you maybe could (probably the motor would melt down soon). I can get my ACM to 30A (at least that is what the app says) which is 84V*30A = 2520W usage going up steeper hills, so big numbers can come up.

For now, the initial impressions on the Z seem to be good, so whatever the real motor wattage is, if it works... I really don't think it will be weaker than a S2:efee47c9c8:

@US69 Do you know what the battery configuration for 530Wh, 867Wh, 995Wh is?

5 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

You're right, these W numbers are suspiciously low either way.

And theoretically: the 1680Wh KS18S can do around 67.2V*8(parallel packs)*10A(per cell) = 5376W max, so around 3600W theoretical maximum isn't thaaaaaaat huge as it may seem. I guess you'll never reach those numbers in real life, but theoretically you maybe could (probably the motor would melt down soon). I can get my ACM to 30A (at least that is what the app says) which is 84V*30A = 2520W usage going up steeper hills, so big numbers can come up.

For now, the initial impressions on the Z seem to be good, so whatever the real motor wattage is, if it works... I really don't think it will be weaker than a S2:efee47c9c8:

@US69 Do you know what the battery configuration for 530Wh, 867Wh, 995Wh is?

14s6p 995

thats a 3200 mah cell

for those other numbers....i cant find reasonable matching parallel pack numbers or other cell capacity. are these numbers (530,867) confirmed? especially the 867wh would not make much sense....only tiny difference

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, US69 said:

14s6p 995

thats a 3200 mah cell

for those other numbers....i cant find reasonable matching parallel pack numbers or other cell capacity. are these numbers (530,867) confirmed? especially the 867wh would not make much sense....only tiny difference

Haha I got as far as you did. 1st page says 580, 860, 1000Wh so 530 might be off.

Just trying to find out how many Ps the different Zs have, to maybe explain the different motor W numbers.

Edited by meepmeepmayer

13 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Haha I got as far as you did. 1st page says 580, 860, 1000Wh so 530 might be off.

Just trying to find out how many Ps the different Zs have, to maybe explain the different motor W numbers.

ok, if i calculate with 3.6v (instead 3.7v....some cells are nominated 3,6 ,some 3,7):

i get a match for 14s6p with 2850-2900mah samsung pf cell = 862wh

and for 14s4p with with those cells = 574wh

p

• Upvote 1