Greetings!

Catlord17

I'm making my first post here, but I have been reading this forum for 2 or 3 months now.  I discovered electric unicycles after I discovered (and purchased) a hoverboard.  I had a 10 inch one, good high end, and I used it to commute around my city, as well as for stress relief and fun.  It had a 12 mile range, and a top comfortable cruising speed of 8 to 9 mph once I got good with it.  One time, I tried to push it to the max while using GPS to clock my speed, and I managed 12 mph before I lost control and had to step off, which resulted in me running the fastest I have ever run to avoid face planting.  I did not do that again.  Not a month later, it snapped in half while I was trying to learn to ride it off curbs.  When I started looking to replace it, I discovered EUCs.  They make more sense in a lot of ways, so I started started doing research.  This led me to want to purchase one, but for a while, I had to spend my money in other directions (new computer, new car, house repairs) first and then save up.  When I found myself with enough money I purchased a GotWay MSuper V3s+. 

The three I was choosing from were the KS18s, MSuper V3s+ and Monster.  Monster seemed a bit much... and Jason @ eWheels advised me that I "probably wanted the MSuper" when I asked which he would recommend.  

Fortunately the firmware has been fixed during the various delays since I was able to pay him (bank spent a week thinking about my CC purchase before releasing the funds, then Jason apparently had inventory delays).  I just got a notice that the shipping label has been created, so I figured... it's time to sign up and say hello.

Hello! :)

I know buying an MSuper V3s+ may not have been something that many of you would probably have advised for someone who has never ridden an EUC before, but the way I tend to approach things is... research what fits your needs and will last and genuinely make you happy.  Then buy it... then meet whatever challenge learning how to use it presents, and master it.  I have come to the conclusion through experience in my life that I can do anything, as long as I set my mind to it and persevere.  This will be an enjoyable challenge, just as was learning to ride the hoverboard.  The rewards will be long term, since EUCs have a future and are going to doubtless grow in popularity and commonality.

Knowing me, I will also eventually have to have a KS18s (or better) and a Monster (or better).  

As far as I know, I will probably be the only person in my city with one of these devices for quite some time. Some day (hopefully soon) I will be good enough to join some of the closer of you for group rides.  

And to all of you who have been so kind and generous with your time and wisdom to post videos, I have watched them, and appreciated and enjoyed them.  Thank you for the information, entertainment and the pleasure of coming to know you a little better.  Perhaps my chance to post videos will come some day.

So any advice for going from 0 to MsuperV3s+?  :w00t2:

By the way, here's an interesting thing... shipping label created on the 10th, in Cali.  Supposed to arrive by FedEx Ground on the 11th in Florida.  Ummm.... does this mean they have trucks doing 126 mph for 23.97 hours a day?  Or is this being shipped by air? Hmmmmm.  

Okay, I'll stop talking now.  :D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, forgot to mention... I spent a good chunk of change on full head/knee/elbow/wrist gear and a rear view mirror, so advice to gear up - already taken. :)

Welcome to the wild and wacky world of one wheeled wriding.  :rolleyes:  We who ride on one wheel don't follow the conventional laws of physics nor spelling.

Advice?  Pad up well (the wheel and yourself), and don't die.  :innocent1:  That is all.  Sounds like you've already got a good handle on things by reading up and getting protective gear ready.

Yes, I also forgot to mention my aversion to dying and the padding I bought for the thing.  Death is highly overrated.  So are broken bones, bruises, scrapes, cuts and flying lessons.  

4 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Welcome to the wild and wacky world of one wheeled wriding.  :rolleyes:  We who ride on one wheel don't follow the conventional laws of physics nor spelling.

Advice?  Pad up well (the wheel and yourself), and don't die.  :innocent1:  That is all.  Sounds like you've already got a good handle on things by reading up and getting protective gear ready.

2 minutes ago, radial said:

Welcome to the sport!  You will love your new wheel.  Take things slow and easy, and it will love you back.

Thank you, I plan on a 2-3 week period of learning before I try to go faster than about 10 mph. That's the theory, at least.  lol

10 minutes ago, Catlord17 said:

So are broken bones, bruises, scrapes, cuts and flying lessons.  

If something doesn't give... You're not trying hard enough!  :D

6 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Here's a little exam you can see if you pass.  I was hoping others would contribute questions, but that never came to fruity fruition.  :cry2:

That was quite amusing, easy 100% there.  I've been forced by monetary restrictions to satisfy my cravings for EUC fun by watching videos and reading anything I could find on the topic.  But it was fun nonetheless!

Just now, The Fat Unicyclist said:

If something doesn't give... You're not trying hard enough!  :D

That was my friend Dave's life motto.  I learned a lot from observing what happened to him.  A lot of what NOT to do!  :lol:

Congratulations on your purchase. I actually think you made a good choice with the MSuper for learning. From my experience the smaller wheels are more squirrely and hard to control for a beginner. The MSuper is a heavier and more stable wheel which I think will make your learning go faster.

Welcome to the club :cheers:

Welcome aboard and enjoy your new addiction - EUC riding - & it is an addiction as you always want that little bit more :)

I've gone from a small battery 16" EUC, which quickly became not enough, to a more powerful bigger battery 16", which again didn't take long to become not enough to a 22" massive battery Monster I've yet to take full advantage of. Hopefully I won't crave for anything more! 

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new wheel.

V3s+ is a good choice, fast, energetic and long range. But it's heavy and less maneuverable. They do have some issues but I hope that all the things of the past, I've ridden my V3s+ safely on all sorts of terrains imaginable for 3400km now. I suggest that you padded it up in case of fall.

Welcome. I'm like you. Waiting for my first wheel from Jason that was help up by customs inspection. Mine is a Inmotion V8 though. A bit more tame (and cheaper than the mSuper). I also go the notification from FedEx saying it would arrive (by Ground) the day after it was shipped. Clever people these FedEx lot!

I've no advice to give as we are in the same boat. It seems you've headed the protective gear warning. THat's about as much s I can offer.

Where in FL are you? I'm in St Pete and I know I'm not alone here. I've seen one other wheel plus one of those wide single wheeled skateboards. Standard Segways are a common appearance too. 

Welcome to the forum! My only recommendation for learning on such a powerful wheel is to set the speed limit to around 10 mph and to use a strap. The purpose for this is to still hold onto the wheel when you do lose balance and have to jump off. I've had many instances of people trying to learn on my MSuper and ACM without anything, and the wheel ends up spinning uncontrollably when they lose balance. And I don't only mean the wheel takes off, but body is upside-down and/or sideways but the wheel still is trying to "self-balance" by spinning at 40 mph. It's a very dangerous situation to be in for both you and the wheel.

But the minute you get somewhat decent on balancing, remove the strap immediately and you should get a lot better. Good Luck!

1 hour ago, DaveThomasPilot said:

Landings are the fun part!  The rest gets boring after a while.

Parachutes are exciting too.

What aircraft are you certified in? 

Welcome...................

As a new rider myself I can tell you a few things.

1.  Its addicting.  I spend almost every night on my wheel.  Much to the chagrin of my wife lol.(She told me I was dumb for buying it cause I'd never use it.  Now she tells me I ride it too much <_<.)

2. Take your time and don't get frustrated.  It's frustrating looking at the videos and seeing everyone flying around.  Gotta learn to walk before you can fly.  Or is it the other way around?

3. Watch all the video and gather some info from the new riders thread and youtube if you haven't already.  

Def use the strap when starting.  I wish I had as it would have saved me a lot of damage to the EUC itself.  My MCM4 looks like its been through a war.  

Good luck and have fun.

Welcome, I'm new too...  I've had one for over 5 years, but it isn't until recently I've had the commitment to learn.  I think you should have gone with a starter EUC like the Ninebot One.  Mine was mainly used to learn before I moved on to more expensive EUC's.  If you see my Ninebot, it is all beat up from the countless times it has been dropped from the learning process.  If you look at some of the videos where folks have ridden the Msuper and crashed, it isn't pretty.  I'm on my third EUC, progressively faster and more expensive.  

On 11.7.2017 at 6:13 AM, Catlord17 said:

I know buying an MSuper V3s+ may not have been something that many of you would probably have advised for someone who has never ridden an EUC before

Anything but the Monster (because it is so heavy and rather fragile) is a perfectly fine starter wheel. Especially if your attitude is this:

On 11.7.2017 at 6:13 AM, Catlord17 said:

but the way I tend to approach things is... research what fits your needs and will last and genuinely make you happy.  Then buy it... then meet whatever challenge learning how to use it presents, and master it.

Some people like to work their way up, some people prefer to start where they want to end. You (and I) are of the second type. Perfectly good attitude.

--

Looking forward to hearing any new wheel impressions;)

On 7/11/2017 at 2:42 AM, TremF said:

Welcome aboard and enjoy your new addiction - EUC riding - & it is an addiction as you always want that little bit more :)

I've gone from a small battery 16" EUC, which quickly became not enough, to a more powerful bigger battery 16", which again didn't take long to become not enough to a 22" massive battery Monster I've yet to take full advantage of. Hopefully I won't crave for anything more! 

By how I have been acting since I decided I wanted to buy one, I'd say you're right... it is an addiction, lol

On 7/11/2017 at 3:04 AM, zlymex said:

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new wheel.

V3s+ is a good choice, fast, energetic and long range. But it's heavy and less maneuverable. They do have some issues but I hope that all the things of the past, I've ridden my V3s+ safely on all sorts of terrains imaginable for 3400km now. I suggest that you padded it up in case of fall.

I bought padding for it when I bought it, so that's covered. :)

On 7/11/2017 at 9:25 AM, WARPed1701D said:

Welcome. I'm like you. Waiting for my first wheel from Jason that was help up by customs inspection. Mine is a Inmotion V8 though. A bit more tame (and cheaper than the mSuper). I also go the notification from FedEx saying it would arrive (by Ground) the day after it was shipped. Clever people these FedEx lot!

I've no advice to give as we are in the same boat. It seems you've headed the protective gear warning. THat's about as much s I can offer.

Where in FL are you? I'm in St Pete and I know I'm not alone here. I've seen one other wheel plus one of those wide single wheeled skateboards. Standard Segways are a common appearance too. 

Jason sent me one package through USPS and one through FedEx.  The USPS one should arive in a day or so and the FedEx is slated for the 17th now.  I'm guessing maybe the USPS one is the fast charger?

I'm in Port Saint Lucie.  We tend to be a little slow on the uptake here.  I only ever saw one other hoverboard.

Archived