5 hours ago, John Montpetit said:

Say what !  Add GoPro controls to DarknessBot ... how?  I'm on the GoPro Labs site very often and I haven't seen anything   that. Am I missing something? Please 

let me know what you're referring to. This sounds very exciting.

This only launched yesterday. Click on the link I provided above. Here's DCRainMaker's video on the topic. Let me know if you have any questions and I can try to get answers for you.

On 6/9/2021 at 11:27 AM, Alla Shkolnik said:

Hi! PWM is the percentage of the motor usage. When you drive at top speed, the motor is operating at the limit of its power. When 100% motor power is reached, EUC will cut out. This is specially true for Gotway/Begode and Sherman as you can disable tilt back. Therefore, if you set the app PWM alarm to ~80% you will know in advance that there is a risk of EUC cutout the wheel when you exceed the speed. 

That’s such a great function! Thank you. I have two questions:

1) is the “100% motor power” calculated based off of max wattage or max speed? If it’s wattage, it sounds like it can be used to predict when you are close to pedal dipping, no matter how fast you’re going.  Very useful!

2) is the calculation affected by battery percentage? Will it ring easier if the battery percent is lower?

Edited by Denny Paul
  • Like 1

On 6/25/2021 at 6:54 AM, Denny Paul said:

That’s such a great function! Thank you. I have two questions:

1) is the “100% motor power” calculated based off of max wattage or max speed? If it’s wattage, it sounds like it can be used to predict when you are close to pedal dipping, no matter how fast you’re going.  Very useful!

2) is the calculation affected by battery percentage? Will it ring easier if the battery percent is lower?

I'm already answered you in another topic about DarknessBot PWM 😊

• Like 1

I can't really find anything on reddit or here about the pwm alarm compared to the EUC's tilt back alarm. I set mine to 80% and it went off on my V8f around 14 mph, mild acceleration, and 50 or 60 ish percent battery. No detectable push back from the V8? They say Inmotion is conservative, so it seems the two should be in the same neighborhood. There's also an adjustment, but not sure how to adjust. At 100 % battery, spin the wheel to cutoff, and use that mileage in the adjustment? It seems if I stay below the beeps I'd be totally safe, but am I killing a big chunk of the wheels performance? I had the alarm set to 75%, and a little pushing, but no beeps till the battery got below 65%. I'm new, so sry if this has all been covered before.

On 6/4/2021 at 11:36 AM, Alla Shkolnik said:

Unfortunately, this problem still don't fixed. :unsure:  It's very hard for us to understand why it's happened. 

Hello Alla,

I bought notifications and graphs to keep track the speed and power consumption.
I have been using DarknessBot for months with my Inmotion V5F and it was working properly.

I was experiencing bluethooth disconnection a couple times per hour.
This disconnection was recognized by the weel (it was saying bluetooth disconnected and right away bluetooth connected).

But a week ago I bought Inmotion V10F and got the same disconnection issue every 5 mins or so.
This experience is different, looks like the wheel feels it is still connected (no "bluetooth disconnected" wheel warning) but DarknessBot doesn't collect the data.
When I go the Wheel tab in settings, the application raises disconnected/connected notification and it is enough to keep collecting data for another 5 mins or so.

I am a software developer and understand that the issue cannot be fixed until it is localized and the reason is found.

I have the following hardware to test:
Inotion V5F
Inotion V10F
IPhone 5s (IOS 12.5.4)
IPhone Xs (IOS 13.2.3)
MacBook Air (macOS High Sierra 10.13.6)

I would like to put some effort to find out what exactly cases the issue.
I am ready to send you the log files and install any additional applications on IPhones/MacBook to research.

The issue has been in place for around 2 years.
It affects many of your customers and it would be great to get it resolved ASAP.

Please let me know how I can help.

Thank you.

Regards,
Yevgeniy

• Like 3

I am expecting my new KS 16X to arrive in an hour or two.  I assume I first give it a full charge.  I downloaded the free version of Darknessbot which seems to indicate it only works for a 30 day trial period.  Do I have to figure out how to purchase the advanced version after a month?  Is darknessbot all I need to get started.  Is darknessbot my only and best option to control and monitor my new EUC? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CarlW said:

Do I have to figure out how to purchase the advanced version after a month?

In 2020 "Application for free, but it has a few paid functions." was stated in https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/6578-darknessbot-ios-app/

I assume that's still true?

Paid functions are presumably to be paid via play store? Or as described in some menu point? Help/About?

I assume you'll see if you want or need such paid functions.

Or you just pay this functions to support the developer!?

Is darknessbot all I need to get started.

Afaik, yes. 

Is darknessbot my only and best option to control and monitor my new EUC

For ios, yes. For android there exists EUC World, too.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CarlW said:

I am expecting my new KS 16X to arrive in an hour or two.  I assume I first give it a full charge.  I downloaded the free version of Darknessbot which seems to indicate it only works for a 30 day trial period.  Do I have to figure out how to purchase the advanced version after a month?  Is darknessbot all I need to get started.  Is darknessbot my only and best option to control and monitor my new EUC? 

With IOS, yes, DB is the best option. Im using mine in demo mode still after many months. I havent used DB to update FW, as I trust eucw more. However, it will probably do it for you just fine. Once it arrives, be sure to not let it free spin in the air and set it down running. I typically charge mine as I connect an app, as the wheel is kind of 'on' as it charges anyhow. You may want to fully charge first, just to verify the batteries are good. You know, warranty stuff and all. Perhaps try to make habit of NOT picking it up or holding it by the tire. Use the pedal hanger and handle, you wouldnt want to lose a fingernail as the tire spins your hand into the wheel, even while its off.  Have fun man, your world is about to change...

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ShanesPlanet said:

You may want to fully charge first, just to verify the batteries are good.

+1! @CarlW which means charging until the green led shows up at the charger. The app should report then some 84V +/-0.5V.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CarlW said:

Is darknessbot my only and best option to control and monitor my new EUC? 

Believe it or not, the KS app isn’t as bad on iOS as it could be. And you *might* need it to get your brand new wheel out of transport mode. I had to use it last October to get going, then DB worked fine.

DB is a “freemium” app, basic functions are free, add ons range from $2/feature to $11 for everything. You buy the in app purchases through the app, there’s a “shop” button.

I do all my firmware updates with SoftTuner on iOS. Hasn’t let me down and I’ve played with a number of builds.

If you want to run EUCW, do like me and get a cheap Android phone. $100 gets you a good enough device and you don’t need a SIM card.

Edited by Tawpie

On 7/6/2021 at 9:36 PM, Yevgeniy said:

Hello Alla,

I bought notifications and graphs to keep track the speed and power consumption.
I have been using DarknessBot for months with my Inmotion V5F and it was working properly.

I was experiencing bluethooth disconnection a couple times per hour.
This disconnection was recognized by the weel (it was saying bluetooth disconnected and right away bluetooth connected).

But a week ago I bought Inmotion V10F and got the same disconnection issue every 5 mins or so.
This experience is different, looks like the wheel feels it is still connected (no "bluetooth disconnected" wheel warning) but DarknessBot doesn't collect the data.
When I go the Wheel tab in settings, the application raises disconnected/connected notification and it is enough to keep collecting data for another 5 mins or so.

I am a software developer and understand that the issue cannot be fixed until it is localized and the reason is found.

I have the following hardware to test:
Inotion V5F
Inotion V10F
IPhone 5s (IOS 12.5.4)
IPhone Xs (IOS 13.2.3)
MacBook Air (macOS High Sierra 10.13.6)

I would like to put some effort to find out what exactly cases the issue.
I am ready to send you the log files and install any additional applications on IPhones/MacBook to research.

The issue has been in place for around 2 years.
It affects many of your customers and it would be great to get it resolved ASAP.

Please let me know how I can help.

Thank you.

Regards,
Yevgeniy

Hello! Thanks for your kindness, I believe you really can help us!
For this two years I spoke with users, we met with several the model owners, even lend V10F but can't catch this bug or understand why it happens. I think we should own device or waiting for help of user like you.
As you are from Ukraine, I think we can speak on Russian :)
Can you share in PM your Telegram/VK/other messenger? It's much more convenient.
Thank you one more time!

On 7/8/2021 at 8:40 PM, GothamMike said:

My apple watch now displaying voltage instead of MPH. I have not made any changes, what happened?

Hello!
You can change metrics order on Apple Watch, please long tap on screen and choose what metrics you need. Just like you doing with your Apple Watch faces. 
I suppose, you change it by accident

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Alla Shkolnik said:

Hello!
You can change metrics order on Apple Watch, please long tap on screen and choose what metrics you need. Just like you doing with your Apple Watch faces. 
I suppose, you change it by accident

Yes, i never noticed that feature.

In forum moderators add a new topic with devs update. But I'm not sure than it's more convenient  that if I posted it here... What do you think? 

P.S. 

Release DarknessBot 7.1:

- Graphs: Added zooming and scrolling for detailed viewing

- Video Recorder: Added PWM and Temperature parameters

- Trips: Added PWM and device information

- Trips: Improved performance

- Trips: Fixed date appearance for some trips

- Trips: Fixed sharing for some trips

- Xiaomi: Added support for new party 1S model (required BLE 1.2.9 or prior)

- Xiaomi: Improved battery info reading

- Xiaomi: Fixed speed appearance for some models

- Inmotion V12: Unlocked max speed for 70 kph

- Ninebot One Z: Improved PWM calculation

- GPS Tracker: Added the ability to record with low geolocation accuracy

Just got my RS19 HT and it's not listed in the list of models under Device Information. Is there one that you suggest that I use as a substitute? Thanks!

9 hours ago, ebizu said:

Just got my RS19 HT and it's not listed in the list of models under Device Information. Is there one that you suggest that I use as a substitute? Thanks!

Hi! Can you lift your wheel and tell me speed in the air? 
We'll add RS HT in device list. 

1 minute ago, Alla Shkolnik said:

@toe did you tried last version with V10F? 

I did see that you fixed it with the latest version, but unfortunately I'm not able to try as I no longer have the V10F.

11 hours ago, Alla Shkolnik said:

Hi! Can you lift your wheel and tell me speed in the air? 
We'll add RS HT in device list. 

No-Load max speed as detected by DarknessBot is 46.5mph. 

1405720633_RS19HTmaxspeed.png.a62c30ef1f63670286e47c0cc04e56f7.png

I dont get how to have Darknessbot save your speed alarm settings. I hit apply to have level 1 alarm go off at 35kmh and still it beeps at 30kmh.

Also I see RS19 HT listed as an option under models for your wheel. Thanks for that!

Edited by Namuhan