- Ninebot/Xiaomi: Improved connection process
- Ninebot/Xiaomi: Added error code and description display
- Begode: Added 'Firmware uses miles' option in device settings

► Engine sound
- Added Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System option

► CUSTOM BEEP
- Added display for devices without beep

► FIRMWARE UPDATE
- Added Firmware update for Xiaomi Mi Scooter, Ninebot KickScooter ES1/2/4 and One Z6/8/10

► APP IMPROVEMENTS
- Added Greek localization
- Improved Spanish localization

► BUGFIXES
- Siri Shortcuts: Fixed display data in Imperial system and Fahrenheit

On 3/3/2022 at 12:29 AM, toe said:

Bringing this subject back up as I recently purchased a V8F and it's doing the same thing. I'm on the latest beta version and it's exhibiting the same behavior (bluetooth disconnect/reconnect) as the V10F. Any suggestions?

can you riding for one day and send us logs? 
in DarknessBot - Settings/About/Contact support. Write in subject "V8F disconnection"

On 6/13/2022 at 2:23 PM, Fahrtwind said:

I have got the same behavior with my V8F. My KS S18 always stays connected! Latest Beta...

Riding and send us logs too, please. 

@Alla Shkolnik Hi , thanks for the update. The update worked with begode hero hs factory firmware without issue until i installed begode app provided "hero c30" firmware (seen in the pictures) yesterday. I did this firmware thinking it was an update for the wheel.

darkness bot NOW doesn't show readings for this wheel. EUC world functions fine some functions work fine, with the Hero C30 firmware. Needless to say, i wont be doing firmware updates anymore. (wheel works fine though)
(if it isn't broke, don't fix it ) lol

Sent via support in app

286187555_846975039611893_3578803455670772400_n.thumb.png.d34a98fb21be6c16c93188c923240858.png286367441_1212574319569467_4372907291347061695_n.thumb.jpg.9809f601cc3bd6dba77504b494e4d755.jpg287471394_825960411714947_128801512000757070_n.thumb.jpg.e83fc14fe51482cdd9d7018ae62d0627.jpg

Edited by CyberV0LT

On 1/12/2022 at 3:09 AM, Alla Shkolnik said:

Hi! development still in very slow work. 
At this moment you can't change metrics, but we'll add this function in future, please, stay tuned!

Have a forerunner 245. The 645 prg(?) works without issue. Not able to change units (expected), light and beep do not work (expected). The 4 data fields match phone.

On 6/15/2022 at 9:30 PM, m1racl1 said:

So what does engine sound do? Is it possible to change something on a nikola plus or it’s for new wheels only ?

Engine sound simulate car motor sound. It's working like an AVAS feature of EUC World. No matter what wheel you have, for work it's only needed a fine audio like BT speaker. I don't remember honestly is there any BT speaker in Nikola, but you can use any other speaker, like JBL e.g., just connect it to your iPhone.

On 6/16/2022 at 8:41 AM, CyberV0LT said:

@Alla Shkolnik Hi , thanks for the update. The update worked with begode hero hs factory firmware without issue until i installed begode app provided "hero c30" firmware (seen in the pictures) yesterday. I did this firmware thinking it was an update for the wheel.

darkness bot NOW doesn't show readings for this wheel. EUC world functions fine some functions work fine, with the Hero C30 firmware. Needless to say, i wont be doing firmware updates anymore. (wheel works fine though)
(if it isn't broke, don't fix it ) lol

Sent via support in app

286187555_846975039611893_3578803455670772400_n.thumb.png.d34a98fb21be6c16c93188c923240858.png286367441_1212574319569467_4372907291347061695_n.thumb.jpg.9809f601cc3bd6dba77504b494e4d755.jpg287471394_825960411714947_128801512000757070_n.thumb.jpg.e83fc14fe51482cdd9d7018ae62d0627.jpg

I saw some similar emails from other users. We don't add firmware update functionality because it seems not so safe as it should be. And after you update firmwares we can't guarantee we can support it good enough. In cause the problem is still actual for you, I shall you yo join to our telegram chat. It's really would be more convenience for you and us both to have a conversation not by emails 😅
For the last time we don't have enough time for reading emails, forums, etc, sorry for that. 

About Gotway (or Begode) supporting: We use the same protocol for the all devices. Sometimes we have a little difference when you choose a model in DB, but mostly we use general protocol for it all. When you update Begode we can't guarantee we will support some changes. As you can understand, Begode engineers don't share with us any information, so we just support some new features when any of users share this information for us.
So, please join to our TG chat and I think we will need for your assistance for understand and see what's new in firmware and how we can help you
Chat link: https://t.me/DarknessBotENG

Edited by Alla Shkolnik

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my S22. Updated to latest firmware, 2.22 I think, and lastest bms 2.1 I think. Everything works great except battery voltage and % battery remaining. Any ideas for me to try?

Edited by jrhz06

1 hour ago, jrhz06 said:

Any ideas for me to try?

I'd suggest you pop into the telegram chat and get an invitation to the DarknessBot beta group... this is the changelog from the last update, and they need testing of battery and cell voltage information:

#beta 8.0.1-391:
- Added support for Begode Master with new firmware
- Begode: Added reading of the values of the torch, strobe and riding mode
- KingSong: Fixed disabling lock mode on firmware 2.09 or later (Need to test)
- KingSong S22: Added the display of the cell voltages (Need to test)
- KingSong S22: Fixed display of battery information (Need to test)
- Inmotion V11/V12: Fixed handle switching (Need to test)
- Fixed a bug with the display of trips in the imperial system

• 1 month later...

Bug in Darknessbot
    I was using the app Darknessbot (on iOS) and it worked fine on my old Rockwheel 16 inches
    and also on my new Begode Master (I believe I have v1.5, with 3 capacitors but no fan).
    About one month ago, there was an app update and since then Darknessbot does not show any data from the
    Begode Master.  I waited for Darknessbot to make another update thinking it was a bug, but even though
    there was an update of Darkness bot about 2-3 weeks ago, it still fails to update any data about my master.
    Here is the actual behavior:  a) Load Darknessbot  b) Select my Master (using the same name as when I use
    with the Begode app (which works fine)  c) After selecting the Master in Darknessbot, I got the main display
    that shows all the data like speed, max speed, temperature, Milage, etc.   But ALL DATA show a spinning
    wheel like it is waiting from the wheel to send the data.  All the boxes that is supposed to contain the data
    do not show any data and show a spinning array in each of the boxes.  Except for Outside temperature
    and the compass (which I think comes from the phone instead of the Master).
    The question is:  does anyone else also have this problem?  is there a work around?
    I tried uninstall it, re-installing it, reselecting Begode Master and I always get the same result on
    my iPhone 5s, iPad Air 2 and iPad Pro.  Anyone can help me understand if I am alone with this problem?

Michel

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MTurcotte said:

Bug in Darknessbot
    I was using the app Darknessbot (on iOS) and it worked fine on my old Rockwheel 16 inches
    and also on my new Begode Master (I believe I have v1.5, with 3 capacitors but no fan).
    About one month ago, there was an app update and since then Darknessbot does not show any data from the
    Begode Master.  I waited for Darknessbot to make another update thinking it was a bug, but even though
    there was an update of Darkness bot about 2-3 weeks ago, it still fails to update any data about my master.
    Here is the actual behavior:  a) Load Darknessbot  b) Select my Master (using the same name as when I use
    with the Begode app (which works fine)  c) After selecting the Master in Darknessbot, I got the main display
    that shows all the data like speed, max speed, temperature, Milage, etc.   But ALL DATA show a spinning
    wheel like it is waiting from the wheel to send the data.  All the boxes that is supposed to contain the data
    do not show any data and show a spinning array in each of the boxes.  Except for Outside temperature
    and the compass (which I think comes from the phone instead of the Master).
    The question is:  does anyone else also have this problem?  is there a work around?
    I tried uninstall it, re-installing it, reselecting Begode Master and I always get the same result on
    my iPhone 5s, iPad Air 2 and iPad Pro.  Anyone can help me understand if I am alone with this problem?

Michel

+1 From me. Tried connecting to my Master with a few other devices and none worked. I know Begode messes with their comm protocol sometimes, so I understand if the fix for this takes a while to reverse engineer/implement. 

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, Alla Shkolnik said:

@Nick McCutcheon @MTurcotte is it still actual problem?

I think it's been fixed, but the functionality to beep when the wheel beeps (alarms "from device") is not working on the Master. This is a bummer, as that's literally the only alarm I use in EUC World, so I've had to approximate the beep with the PWM alarm (which is also inaccurate). I understand app development especially for interacting with closed source devices is not easy, so I appreciate what you're doing! 

Edited by Nick McCutcheon

On 9/30/2022 at 4:15 AM, Nick McCutcheon said:

I think it's been fixed, but the functionality to beep when the wheel beeps (alarms "from device") is not working on the Master. This is a bummer, as that's literally the only alarm I use in EUC World, so I've had to approximate the beep with the PWM alarm (which is also inaccurate). I understand app development especially for interacting with closed source devices is not easy, so I appreciate what you're doing! 

Hmm.. Can you try our Android version? Maybe we have the problems on iOS only. It's available in Play market or I can send you APK. 

Can you guys @Nick McCutcheon @MTurcotte send us logs? Maybe it help find to fix the problem. 

And now, we take a little break cause we had to moved from Russia. 

10 hours ago, Alla Shkolnik said:

@Nick McCutcheon, @MTurcotte try to select new or old firmwareof Begode Master in settings - Connect to Master / Settings / Device / Model / Select Master or Master (old firmware)

I just tried the Android version, there is no option for alarms from device. When I select old version, no data loads, but when I select the regular version, the speed will load but not the mileage. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, Ilya made an Android version! finally we are on both platforms 💪

On 10/7/2022 at 9:02 PM, Nick McCutcheon said:

I just tried the Android version, there is no option for alarms from device. When I select old version, no data loads, but when I select the regular version, the speed will load but not the mileage. 

We need some time to research the problem. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, toe said:

@Alla Shkolnik There seems to be an issue with the app on Apple Watch. When I try to start the app on the watch, it immediately crashes. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I'm on beta 8.3-425.

Usually, if you use the bug reporting process from TestFlight, the devs will get more information to help determine what caused the problem. Be sure to do that as well!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@Alla Shkolnik I'm having issues with DarknessBot keeping connected to my T4. When heading out, I turn it on, it connects, but usually when I finish riding it only has data from the first 20 minutes and then nothing, just a gap.

Also, I find that DarknessBot seems to misrepresent the voltage and thus battery percentage on the T4. It is often about 10% lower than what the Begode app says, which as far as I can tell is the more accurate number.

Thanks!

Currently using the free version of the app, figuring out which functions I might need or whether to get the full unlock.

Edited by pHghost