12 hours ago, lost1 said:

Hi

New user here as google helped me found this site. 

I have Inmotion L8F , i have just tried to change max speed with Darknessbot (free version)  , but after i select 40km/h , it does not change the speed on the L8F , it just stays at 30km/h, also the app shows 30km/h . Does only paid verison allow to change this?

Then i tried with Wheel Log on Android, but when i select the L8F to connect, it asks for someking password, i tried all the generic ones, 1234, 123456, 0000, 000000, admin , but non of them seem to be correct and i cannot connect to L8F.

Is it possible to adjust that the L8f would accelerate faster? 

I'm already answer you in DM. 

5 hours ago, Alla Shkolnik said:

Are you talking only about Watch app? 
is the app on iPhone working fine?

yes Alla, ios app all looking good.

Cleared cache on iPhone app for both wheels.

Reinstalled the watch app

Persistent {Connect to Device] screen on the watch. Rebooted watch again

VOILA! (Thank you for bearing with me.

Its an absolutely fantastic App & Iam very appreciative of the work that has gone into this. Many Thanks

Edited by RayBanMonster
  • Like 1

Can someone explain how the Apple Watch integration is supposed to work?  I installed the app on my phone which shows it also has watch support but I dont see the app on the Apple Watch itself?

15 minutes ago, Duf said:

Can someone explain how the Apple Watch integration is supposed to work?  I installed the app on my phone which shows it also has watch support but I dont see the app on the Apple Watch itself?

You must install to watch it using Watch app on iphone.

On 4/19/2020 at 2:29 PM, anubisqqq said:

Hi, In map I can see who is close me with aplication DarknessBot, will be usefull can contact with other users by darknessbot.

You can do it, if users left their social contacts. 
Also users can restrict who cans their social profiles - All users, only friend and nobody. 

15 hours ago, Duf said:

Yea I was trying to install it via the phone like I have dome with other watch apps.

We don't have an app in watch App Store, so you should go to Watch app on your iPhone and install DarknessBot app in available app list. 
And after it, you connect to your EUC/eScooter on iPhone and open DarknessBot app on AW. App on AW automatically connect to phone and you can use it 🙂

Sorry for being rude, but today DarknessBot really made me angry! I had a 30km+ ride on a brand new trail, started to record GPS right from the beginning and during half of the trip I used the chart view for simple navigation -> so I definitely know that DB was recording GPS, because that was so important for me. Then suddenly, I ran into a friend. I stopped and we had a talk for about 10min. During this time I did NOT turn off the wheel or changed anything in the app - my mobile was simply in my pocket the whole time!

And here it comes: DarknessBot somehow stopped the recording during this talk and DELETED the whole trip data! Sadly I noticed that much too late, just when I came back home, so no chance to reactivate recording or what. I am totally pi**ed :furious:!

During the whole time using DB for the last weeks I got used to the fact that every trip doubles in trip view when I record GPS and that not a single trip has the correct km count! Not nice, but I can live with that.

BUT sorry, deletion of data is inacceptable! You really should put some work into the basics of GPS and data recording and not in some unnecessary buttons, watches or 1st of April thingys. As I said before, record GPS the whole time and don‘t delete anything despite the user wants to!

And if you think that the source of the problem is me (might be the reason also) using it the wrong way, then tell me what I can do to make it better. Or do I really have to get some damn Android device to try if EUC World is more reliable in this regard? I really hope not...

Edited by pandel
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, pandel said:

Sorry for being rude, but today DarknessBot really made me angry!

It can be quite frustrating if something does not work out as supposed!

Especially if one had some great expectations.

But ones emotions do not help a developer to correct a fault.

@Ilya Shkolnik needs as precise data rationaly described - better a bit too much as something missing. Often some for one absolutely irrelevant circumstances can "solve the riddle".

Best would be if you additionally could reproduce this problem reliably!

Beside gathering all avaiable enviroment data vould help. Iphone model, memory usage (was still enough space to write the log file), app version,....

Maybe @Ilya Shkolnik has some debug version or writes debug information once some fault occurs so he can analyze what happened?

I'd strongly assume, although some darknessbot feature are available per payment noone gets rich or could even live from developing such an app - it's much dedication from a developer for others because he likes his hobby!

@Chriull I am aware of the fact that most app developers won‘t get rich :-) but if I offer features one has to pay for than I simply expect them to work. And the whole trip logic is somewhat messed up (no start/stop, trip ending on reconnect, what?? trip ends when I am back home, not on reconnect...). I do development for a living, sadly not app dev, but I am no noob in this regard.

I’d love to provide as many information as I can and if I am able to reproduce the problem I promise I do, but I don‘t know how to provide in-depth debugging data or what on an iPhone. There are simply no logs or something like that I could gather myself.

Iphone 11 pro, IOS 13.4 (I always use the newest release, app and OS). Memory usage? Come on, an app would have to check the moment it starts and give a hint if it is too low ;-), but no, lots of Gigs free.

It must have something to do with the logic behind things... Like the screenshot I sent the other day: three entries for the same day:1) ending of the last trip (which had been a couple of days earlier), 1 WITH GPS data, 1 without (but 2 km increased). That alone makes me think that there is something not working correctly. And I can reproduce this constantly with every trip I make.

Edited by pandel
  • Like 1

but if I offer features one has to pay for than I simply expect them to work

Yes of course. Although i'd consider paying for features for such an app solely as contribution to the developer for his commitment. But that's my very personal opinion, of course.

@Ilya Shkolnik has here also one (?or more?) helpers/partners who collect problems and support users.

1 hour ago, pandel said:

Or do I really have to get some damn Android device to try if EUC World is more reliable in this regard

Or maybe they wait until you change to release your emotions to other developers? 😎

Noone likes to get pushed and receive accusations.

Although i personally do not think your post are "hard/bad", they still "show" very clearly and direct your dissatisfaction.

"What goes around, comes around"

I do development for a living, sadly not app dev, but I am no noob in this regard.

Then you should know how far such feature payments (with apples deductions) can reach in such a small market as EUC riders. I'd strongly assume the whole app development can not nearly be covered.

It's not millions buying ringtones or some hair die for an avatar...

This arguentation shall be not be any justifications for faulty/proplematic software - just a bit of consideration for the efforts some few developers give (for about nothing) to our community!

edit: for the records - this is no moderators post but just me writing my very personal opinion.

Edited by Chriull
  • Like 1

@Chriull

1 hour ago, Chriull said:

Or maybe they wait until you change to release your emotions to other developers? 😎

Noone likes to get pushed and receive accusations.

Touché :-) - it is often me who has to appologize, I am not a calm person, sadly. But as fast as I get up I calm down, so... and as a dev myself I know that sometimes you have to get some kind of hard hit to wake up. No pun intended.

@Alla Shkolnik is a very nice person, we have already been in contact as I helped out regarding translation and as I said, I am absolutely willing to help if I can!

Perhaps it is me being a developer myself. I am very keen on focusing on the right things when planning and developing. And reading about integration of third party gadgets, like watches, buttons and stuff, while disregarding getting core functionalities (as GPS recoding is from my point of view) working perfectly first is hard to understand, at least for me. But that's me...

And perhaps a new version is on its ways that will miraculously solve all that :-)

• Like 1

What's new in beta 6.0-263:
- Alarms customization: Added triple sound/vibro alarms by speed/current
- Xiaomi Mi Scooter: Added recuperation mode, cruise control settings
- Ninebot Kickscooter: Added recuperation mode, cruise control, brake lights settings
- Ninebot Kickscooter: Fixed bug with amperage
- Added new Support screen
- Added help how to allow access to iCloud
- Added segment to voltage tile
- Improved neural network prediction
- Fixed UI bugs

Longtime fan of the app it's been great for my Nikola, but a couple oddities I've run into with my new MSP:

• Changing the riding modes doesn't do anything, though it shows the newly selected riding mode in the settings panel. I used DarknessBot to immediately set the wheel to hard when I got it and initially thought hard mode felt pretty soft on the MSP, but I discovered I'm an idiot and I've been riding soft for these first 100 miles. I went into the Gotway app and set it to hard and suddenly my pedals are rock hard.
  • Setting the max speed takes effect, but is either reading or storing the value strangely. If I set it to 37 mph, apply, leave, then go back to the settings panel it reads 35mph. 36 maps to 35, and 35 to 34. Those values are too close for me to know exactly which is in effect, but the tiltback kicks in at approximately the advertised speed. To make absolutely sure I set it to 10 mph (which then later read 9 mph) and the tiltback kicked in violently at about 10 mph so it's writing something close to that value to the wheel.

Everything else has been working great. Looking forward to additional alerts, especially if you manage to get those integrated into Apple watch. The vibration alert is currently the best way for me to know my approximate speed, I'd love to set up some additional types as the speed increases.

On 4/26/2020 at 9:12 PM, pandel said:

Sorry for being rude, but today DarknessBot really made me angry! I had a 30km+ ride on a brand new trail, started to record GPS right from the beginning and during half of the trip I used the chart view for simple navigation -> so I definitely know that DB was recording GPS, because that was so important for me. Then suddenly, I ran into a friend. I stopped and we had a talk for about 10min. During this time I did NOT turn off the wheel or changed anything in the app - my mobile was simply in my pocket the whole time!

And here it comes: DarknessBot somehow stopped the recording during this talk and DELETED the whole trip data! Sadly I noticed that much too late, just when I came back home, so no chance to reactivate recording or what. I am totally pi**ed :furious:!

During the whole time using DB for the last weeks I got used to the fact that every trip doubles in trip view when I record GPS and that not a single trip has the correct km count! Not nice, but I can live with that.

BUT sorry, deletion of data is inacceptable! You really should put some work into the basics of GPS and data recording and not in some unnecessary buttons, watches or 1st of April thingys. As I said before, record GPS the whole time and don‘t delete anything despite the user wants to!

And if you think that the source of the problem is me (might be the reason also) using it the wrong way, then tell me what I can do to make it better. Or do I really have to get some damn Android device to try if EUC World is more reliable in this regard? I really hope not...

Sorry I missed your message. I totally understand what you're feeling.
It might be in several cases:

1. I think iOS killed DarknessBot in background. In that case, trip wills't be recording and lost. You can check
 - it in graphs - if you don't see any data for this period it means, DB was disconnected.
- or if you saw searching screen when you activate DB again. 

2. Your occasionally stopped recording trip in your pocket. In that case we should improve finishing records mechanism.

@Chriull, thank for supporting :)

Well, yes, DarknessBot development and supporting it's completely me and @Ilya Shkolnik hobby. We both have a full-time work and working on DB at nights :D
So, unfortunately we both don't have enough time for this project in last years, but we still working on this cause we love it. Thanks to all our users and testers we still motivated to working on it, and also money is one of the factors what helps us still be motivated :) 

I like healthy criticism if it wasn't for it that we couldn't find out about most of the bugs. That's the main reason why I try to communicate more with users. Without it, DB will never get better.  So feel free to report all bugs. 

And although there are some things we haven't been able to fix for years, and I'm sorry for that.But there are also many things that we can fix quickly, but we may not know about it. 

@pandel Maybe you join to public beta test? At least you will be known when app was killing by system. 
Ilya left link in his last message.

Edited by Alla Shkolnik
  • Like 1

@Alla Shkolnik

re 1.) Interesting hint - I'll check that the next time something happens immediately. Now, two days later, I only have the option between "one day" and "one week", "one day" shows nothing and if I choose "one week" I don't see any break in the data stream. There seems to be no possibility to choose a single day explicitely in the graphs...

re 2.) As I said, I was also using the chart view as simple navigation app - I did accidentally stop recording some weeks ago while using the trips view, so I know exactly what you mean ;-), that's the reason I am using chart view now.

As I said before, I am not that kind of calm person, sorry. It was so frustrating in this moment... I came back home, being anxious to review my trip data, as I never went this trail before and to have a look at the details, just to see that all data was gone... again, sorry for being somewhat rude :efeec46606:, in the end DB is a really really cool app and everthing else worked without any problems so far! You both are doing a fantastic job in this regard :thumbup:!

But nevertheless let's look into future. As I said, I am happy to help the best I can. I joined the beta program, already downloaded the app and setup data sharing accordingly minutes ago. Sadly, for the time being it is raining, so I am unable to try to reproduce the error at the moment. I will simply go for a similar trip as soon as possible and we will see, what will happen. But knowing my luck, I expect everything to work fine while testing :roflmao:

Edited by pandel
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Ilya Shkolnik said:

Thanks for feedback, we will be research this troubles in MSP. Welcome to public betatest: https://testflight.apple.com/join/B6r39HPw

Awesome, I'll give that a try--let me know if there's something specific you want me to test.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2020 at 6:26 PM, BoseHeadphones said:

Awesome, I'll give that a try--let me know if there's something specific you want me to test.

Thank you! 
Can you test remaining mileage value with Neural network option and alarms? :)
Settings/Application/ switch on Neural network option.  

if NN was disabled, it's need for couple riding days to learning.

On 4/29/2020 at 3:10 PM, pandel said:

@Alla Shkolnik

re 1.) Interesting hint - I'll check that the next time something happens immediately. Now, two days later, I only have the option between "one day" and "one week", "one day" shows nothing and if I choose "one week" I don't see any break in the data stream. There seems to be no possibility to choose a single day explicitely in the graphs...

re 2.) As I said, I was also using the chart view as simple navigation app - I did accidentally stop recording some weeks ago while using the trips view, so I know exactly what you mean ;-), that's the reason I am using chart view now.

As I said before, I am not that kind of calm person, sorry. It was so frustrating in this moment... I came back home, being anxious to review my trip data, as I never went this trail before and to have a look at the details, just to see that all data was gone... again, sorry for being somewhat rude :efeec46606:, in the end DB is a really really cool app and everthing else worked without any problems so far! You both are doing a fantastic job in this regard :thumbup:!

But nevertheless let's look into future. As I said, I am happy to help the best I can. I joined the beta program, already downloaded the app and setup data sharing accordingly minutes ago. Sadly, for the time being it is raining, so I am unable to try to reproduce the error at the moment. I will simply go for a similar trip as soon as possible and we will see, what will happen. But knowing my luck, I expect everything to work fine while testing :roflmao:

Thank you too and let me know if it happens again. I hope not :D