17 hours ago, pandel said:

@december11 I understand! I won't remove the beeping device and accept that :-)

One last question: I don't quite understand the trips thing. It seemed to have started once the connection to the wheel was establushed. I went about 20km in 1h30m. Everything seemed to be fine. Then back home and somewhat later I reopened the app and the trip seemed to be running still -> it told me, the trip was about 3h:30m hours. Ha? I was at home 2h and the wheel was disconnected. Did search for a "Stop trip" button but didn't find any. So I thought I have to reset the trip to stop counting -> hit the speed gauge, hir "Reset" -> now the whole data from the beginning of the day is gone.

Sorry, I know, it's me. I am totally too stupid, but what am I understanding wrong here?

Trips reseting automatically when you don't riding and don't connecting to wheel for 6 and more hours. 
You can reset trip data, by tap on Riding time tile on Dashboard. 

No, it's not you, we will reweorked on Trips to make it more userfriendly :)

8 hours ago, Shawn dickhausen said:

Do you have any plans of making an app for the Segway minis the ninebot series 

Oh, I believe DarknessBot already support it. 

@december11 Thank, but I think I was not clear enough on this...

To make it a bit clearer: what I meant to say was,  my trip seemed to have been much longer (at least from what DarknessBot was reporting) than it actually was. DarknessBot started to count hours and minutes the moment I connected to the wheel at this day, but it didn't end when I disconnected from the wheel when I was back home (= end of trip). So DarknessBot was adding time to the trip even though I was not riding or even connected at all. And resetting was even worse: it wiped out all of my riding data from the same day. There should clearly be some kind of button to say "Start trip now" and "End trip now" (and perhaps a delete function for unwanted trips). Additionally it would be nice if there is not only a way of exporting the data log, but also a GPS track log. When I exported the data the first time I was searching for GPS data to import it into another app for post processing, but sadly there wasn't any GPS data. But there must be any saved data, because I am somehow able to replay something in the chart view.

But enough with all this kind of criticism :-) - for what it is, it is a wonderful software with potential to grow ;-)

Keep up the good work!

What's new in beta 5.8-260:
- Added HomeKit Outlets integration
- Added alarms on disconnection
- Added surprise (Will be activated 1 April)
- Improved discovering bluetooth devices
- Improved performance

Edited by Ilya Shkolnik

32 minutes ago, Ilya Shkolnik said:

What's new in beta 5.8-260:
- Added HomeKit Outlets integration
- Added alarms on disconnection
- Added surprise (Will be activated 1 April)
- Improved discovering bluetooth devices
- Improved performance

I have a question. If I switch to the beta version will it keep my data that I currently have?

16 hours ago, pandel said:

@december11 Thank, but I think I was not clear enough on this...

To make it a bit clearer: what I meant to say was,  my trip seemed to have been much longer (at least from what DarknessBot was reporting) than it actually was. DarknessBot started to count hours and minutes the moment I connected to the wheel at this day, but it didn't end when I disconnected from the wheel when I was back home (= end of trip). So DarknessBot was adding time to the trip even though I was not riding or even connected at all. And resetting was even worse: it wiped out all of my riding data from the same day. There should clearly be some kind of button to say "Start trip now" and "End trip now" (and perhaps a delete function for unwanted trips). Additionally it would be nice if there is not only a way of exporting the data log, but also a GPS track log. When I exported the data the first time I was searching for GPS data to import it into another app for post processing, but sadly there wasn't any GPS data. But there must be any saved data, because I am somehow able to replay something in the chart view.

But enough with all this kind of criticism :-) - for what it is, it is a wonderful software with potential to grow ;-)

Keep up the good work!

Trip will be reseting when you connect to wheel again, several hours later. 
But yes, it's not intuitive now, we will fix it.

You can delete trips, in trips list - tap on Edit button, or swipe right the trip you want to delete.

GPS-tracker is our in-app. It provides riding track recording and GPX-file exporting. 

2 hours ago, december11 said:

You can delete trips, in trips list - tap on Edit button, or swipe right the trip you want to delete.

I have no edit button in the trips list and swiping has no effect.

2 hours ago, december11 said:

GPS-tracker is our in-app. It provides riding track recording and GPX-file exporting. 

I bought the premium version, so every in-app is activated, I verified this just a second ago. When I go to the current trip I can press the round play button in the lower middle and it starts running the trip, but there is no export option whatsoever. The only thing I have is a send button in the upper right corner which sends a CSV with Speed, Date, Voltage, etc., no GPX export.

14 hours ago, pandel said:

I have no edit button in the trips list and swiping has no effect.

I bought the premium version, so every in-app is activated, I verified this just a second ago. When I go to the current trip I can press the round play button in the lower middle and it starts running the trip, but there is no export option whatsoever. The only thing I have is a send button in the upper right corner which sends a CSV with Speed, Date, Voltage, etc., no GPX export.

Edit button has been removed. Trip removing available on swipe to left.

Sharing will be with CSV and GPX, if trip with track.

Spoiler

Edited by Ilya Shkolnik

1 hour ago, Ilya Shkolnik said:

Edit button has been removed. Trip removing available on swipe to left.

Trip removing works for old trips. Not current trip. Current trip says "Duration 19:02:24" <- that is definitely wrong! I was on the road for about 1 and a half hour. It doesn't stop counting.

Sharing only sends CSV file with system data, no GPX data for the CURRENT trip.

To make it clear: how to stop the current trip and send the complete data? I am definitely unable to do this at the moment.

Sorry for being so persistent, but it simply does not work as expected or as you describe. 

@Ilya Shkolnik, just tried reconnecting to the wheel. Results:

- old trip stopped, new trip created, trip duration count correct <- Ok, I understand that now.

- all GPS data lost: if I tap on the trip it does not change to the detail view so that I can replay the trip as before

- if I hit the export button on the upper right, I only get CSV with system data, no GPS

But GPS must have been there, as I could replay the trip. I tried it just before I reconnected to the wheel a few minutes ago.

Is it possible that I can repair the whole thing by deleting and reinstalling the app?

I noticed lately that the app has not been staying open. Whenever I check it, it has to reconnect to the wheel and while the mileage distance will be accurate, the speed and other things will be wildly off and not recorded. Interferes with the apple watch app as well, it'll get stuck on speeds and battery percentages and be totally off. Am I missing an update or am I just stupid? :lol:

On 3/24/2020 at 11:20 AM, Ilya Shkolnik said:

On 3/24/2020 at 12:55 PM, pandel said:

I reinstalled the app and restored my purchases. Will see if that helps later...

@Ilya Shkolnik, reinstalling didn't change anything.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong. I will describe my workflow and maybe you see my mistake:

Beginning of trip:

• turn wheel on
  • open DarknessBot, connect to wheel -> wheel is beeping, everythings fine
  • change to Amazon Prime music app and start music
  • ride some miles

Back at home

• stop music in Amazon app
  • change to DarknessBot and disconnect wheel in app
  • turn off wheel
  • go to trips, tap on "current trip"
    -> chart is shown with a blue dot in the middle, below is trips detail
  • tap on the butten in the upper right corner
  • save file to Dropbox

What makes me think is the fact that I can't set DarknessBot' usage of location services to "Always" but only to "While using app". Could it be that GPS isn't recorded because I changed to the music app?

Another possible issue:
When I hit "AR" in charts view, I get a message "Warning: Required sensor failed"

23 hours ago, pandel said:

@Ilya Shkolnik, reinstalling didn't change anything.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong. I will describe my workflow and maybe you see my mistake:

Beginning of trip:

• turn wheel on
  • open DarknessBot, connect to wheel -> wheel is beeping, everythings fine
  • change to Amazon Prime music app and start music
  • ride some miles

Back at home

• stop music in Amazon app
  • change to DarknessBot and disconnect wheel in app
  • turn off wheel
  • go to trips, tap on "current trip"
    -> chart is shown with a blue dot in the middle, below is trips detail
  • tap on the butten in the upper right corner
  • save file to Dropbox

What makes me think is the fact that I can't set DarknessBot' usage of location services to "Always" but only to "While using app". Could it be that GPS isn't recorded because I changed to the music app?

Sorry for long reply!
To record GPS track data - you should tap on record button in Current trip. 
Please don't forgot to stop track after you ending your riding. Then will be created new trip with track - this trips has a special route icons in trips list. 

You can share this trips - it will be GPX file. 

GPS should working in background, you will see system notification when it worked - blue area in the top on screen.

IMG_0347BCA7AC3B-1.thumb.jpeg.824d5cae54ca47c33334e8bbb4b82430.jpeg

23 hours ago, pandel said:

Another possible issue:
When I hit "AR" in charts view, I get a message "Warning: Required sensor failed"

Maybe your phone was too warm at these moment? 

• Like 1

@december11, I AM SO SO SORRY!

I just came back from a short trip today and had the same idea. Up to now I thought the blue button is for replay only -> I expected that GPS is always being recorded! But today I thought about this again, hit the blue button before I went on my trip and BOOM! GPS data has been recorded. GRRREAT :clap3:

As I said in the very very beginning of this talk, I AM TOO STUPID :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:! I am really sorry to have bothered you with my stupidity!

Keep up the great work and many thanks for your patience !

23 hours ago, Zack Wong said:

I noticed lately that the app has not been staying open. Whenever I check it, it has to reconnect to the wheel and while the mileage distance will be accurate, the speed and other things will be wildly off and not recorded. Interferes with the apple watch app as well, it'll get stuck on speeds and battery percentages and be totally off. Am I missing an update or am I just stupid? :lol:

On last version we have an issue with frequent disconnection, 
We taking total mileage value from wheel and calculating current distance. Maximum speed - the app is reading from wheel while it connected. Average speed is calculating by maximum speed value. 
If you have very small 'max. speed' value  - you was disconnected from wheel at the beginning of trip. 
Check please you Speed graph for your trip time.

further explanation:

Spoiler

Well, e.g. you have a riding for 10km with max speed 40-45 kph.

You connecting to wheel and starting trip. Current distance at the beginning is 0km - it's a new trip.
You ride 10 meters - the app is crashed or disconnect from wheel. 
You end your riding and go to the app to see how long was your riding. The app is connect to wheel.
In trio you see - 10km, maximum speed = 8 kph, avegare = 4kph. (for you first 10 meters your maximum speed was 8 kph)
Trip distance is a simply calculating - the app read your total mileage data and substract it from the total mileage value for the time at the trip beginning. 

With apple watch the same story - on AW app we displayed values from the phone app. So, when it was disconnected, you AW can't show you actual data(

1 minute ago, pandel said:

@december11, I AM SO SO SORRY!

I just came back from a short trip today and had the same idea. Up to now I thought the blue button is for replay only -> I expected that GPS is always being recorded! But today I thought about this again, hit the blue button before I went on my trip and BOOM! GPS data has been recorded. GRRREAT :clap3:

As I said in the very very beginning of this talk, I AM TOO STUPID :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:! I am really sorry to have bothered you with my stupidity!

Keep up the great work and many thanks for your patience !

it's ok :)
I think we should improve our design - isn't intuitive and user-friendly enough. :rolleyes:

Feel free to asking any questions:) 

1 minute ago, december11 said:

I think we should improve our design - isn't intuitive and user-friendly enough. :rolleyes:

As I did not find any info regarding this before I posted my problem, I think, it is user-friendly enough - it was just simply me :blink1::D

Hello, I have a ninebot kickscooter ES2 but if it connects to Bluetooth identified in DarknessBot settings xiaomi in divice, otherwise no dispay km/h or batt ... visible and also Maps and profile will not open,  Watch not connect, but pay for premium.

Hi can’t set up profile or maps 

it says you must allow access to cloudkit in settings/Apple ID/iCloud look me up by email. 
tried doing that but when you get to look me up there is nothing to click on?? Also paid for the extras and nothing has happened what am I doing wrong? 

11 hours ago, Bking said:

Hi can’t set up profile or maps 

it says you must allow access to cloudkit in settings/Apple ID/iCloud look me up by email. 
tried doing that but when you get to look me up there is nothing to click on?? Also paid for the extras and nothing has happened what am I doing wrong? 

Hi, @Petrick, @Bking ! To use profile and maps, please, follow the instructions:

Firstly, check your iPhone settings - Settings/Apple ID/iCloud - DarknessBot and iCloudDrive toggles should be on. 

If it’s ok, trying this (better doing it on desktop or tablet):

1. Go to website https://www.icloud.com/settings/

2. Login with your iCloud email and pass.

3. Look up for "Advanced" section

4. Go to "Manage Apps That Can Look You Up"

5. Switch on DarknessBot app toggle

Edited by december11
  • Like 1

On 3/28/2020 at 9:45 AM, Petrick said:

Hello, I have a ninebot kickscooter ES2 but if it connects to Bluetooth identified in DarknessBot settings xiaomi in divice, otherwise no dispay km/h or batt ... visible 

Can you send us logs and attach a screenshots when you don't see these metrics?
in DarknessBot - Settings/About/Share logs

And please, add a short description of your problem to help us find you:)

Without screenshots and logs we can't help you:mellow:

On 3/30/2020 at 12:51 AM, december11 said:

Hi, @Petrick, @Bking ! To use profile and maps, please, follow the instructions:

Firstly, check your iPhone settings - Settings/Apple ID/iCloud - DarknessBot and iCloudDrive toggles should be on. 

If it’s ok, trying this (better doing it on desktop or tablet):

1. Go to website https://www.icloud.com/settings/

2. Login with your iCloud email and pass.

3. Look up for "Advanced" section

4. Go to "Manage Apps That Can Look You Up"

5. Switch on DarknessBot app toggle

Thank you!! 
I was trying to do it on my phone but could not find the advanced search Section. Goggled “manage apps that can look you up” and found a thread that said the advanced search section will only appear on a desk top computer. It is working now! 

• Like 1