Has anyone had issues ordering on Aliexpress?

Rehab1

6 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Take your chance....

not long and there will be a 30% punishment custom fee :-(

Are you speaking of a Trump Tax? No way! I know the guy! We ride all the time! He loves EUCs! :laughbounce2:

Edited by Rehab1
  • Upvote 1

Ummm you guys realize AliExpress is like eBay or Amazon, right? The sellers are powerless over the site protections. Also, the seller doesn't get paid unless the buyer marks the product is received.

AliExpress and AliPay are run by Alibaba, one of the biggest shopping conglomerates in the world, so if they're not secure, no site is.

Also, FWIW, AliPay is their PayPal equivalent, and both require the same types of account info to get fully verified.

Edited by houseofjob

6 hours ago, litewave said:

Yep, I was wrong, I was thinking of Banggood.com which does accept PayPal. 

Banggood is in Hong Kong, and they have an easier time with international transfers.  The problem is that currency exchange is tightly controlled in China, whereas (at least for US$) the HK Dollar has been pegged at the same rate to the US $ for 20 years, so they have no problem with PayPal paying them in US $.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

I thought the whole cf China was in vacation this week.

I wish the US would do that, and everyone take a week off every new year.  I think France takes a whole month off every August, they have a good idea too:thumbup:

My last name is French, so I feel a little connected to France.  Partee.

Edited by steve454
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Chris Westland said:

Banggood is in Hong Kong, and they have an easier time with international transfers.  The problem is that currency exchange is tightly controlled in China, whereas (at least for US$) the HK Dollar has been pegged at the same rate to the US $ for 20 years, so they have no problem with PayPal paying them in US $.

@Chris Westland is it still that way even after the British lease expired?  Hong Kong is now fully China? Or is it still an international trade zone?

Edited by steve454

8 hours ago, litewave said:

I was thinking of Banggood.com which does accept PayPal.

Yes, and GearBest also. I really enjoy purchasing items from Banggood and GearBest using PayPal. I have not attempted to purchase anything via AliExpress yet. I did not realize it was so difficult.

57 minutes ago, steve454 said:

@Chris Westland is it still that way even after the British lease expired?  Hong Kong is now fully China? Or is it still an international trade zone?

It's what is called a "Special Economic Zone" and "Special Administrative Region".   After the handover in 1997, China guaranteed autonomy and English language to HK for the next 50 years (until 2047).  So HK keeps their own currency and monetary policy (which is tightly tied to government land sales and managed with a large currency reserve).  China has kept its part of the bargain, despite what you may hear from the "Occupy Central" folks.   I have permanent residency in Hong Kong (which guarantees landing rights, welfare, free health care, etc.) but I still need to have a visa to travel to China, and even though I was entitled to a "Green Card" (R2-Visa through my 1000-Talents Plan award) I never bothered to apply for one.  It's easier to travel on a visa. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bob Eisenman said:

Yup, it's like our Thanksgiving and Christmas rolled into one.  At the factories, the workers started sneaking out to travel home two weeks ago, and everything is pretty dead right now.  

2 hours ago, powhatan2006 said:

Hello. I bought my V8 from an Aliexpress seller, but outside Aliexpress, directly through paypal, and I had no issues. Seller had a lot of goods reviews. I hope you will have yours soon :-)

Which seller was that? 

Yah...The transaction is complete!! Paypal worked perfectly! Shipping in 10 days due to the Chinese holiday!  It would have been easier to buy a house than going through this difficult purchase again! 

Edited by Rehab1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, powhatan2006 said:

Hello. I bought my V8 from an Aliexpress seller, but outside Aliexpress, directly through paypal, and I had no issues. Seller had a lot of goods reviews. I hope you will have yours soon :-)

Aliexpress is the global retail site of Alibaba, so they might take other payment types; their Chinese counter part is 1688.com (1688=一六八八= Yīliùbābā ... get it :smartass:) and they prefer their Alipay escrow and payments service (Alipay = 支付宝=Zhīfùbǎo ... 宝=treasure is kind of a thing with Alibaba's names, think Taobao = 淘宝).  Prices may be different on 1688.com (see attached for Inmotion V8 = 乐行V8 = Happy or Musical Behavior V8)

Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 8.21.02 AM.png

Edited by Chris Westland

I just purchased from Ali my 1640wh V3.  I had the same experience where they stopped my order and I had to send them proof of who I am. Once I did that and it was approved then I reordered I think and everything was good to go.  I had a issue where I waited about a extra 3 weeks to get it because I only wanted the unit shipped as whole.  Not with the battery separate.  The seller assured me he could pull it off and he was right. In the end the 3 week wait was because he had to ship it a different way to avoid taking the batteries out which I was totally against due to the I did not want someone opening the unit and taking batteries out.  So I'm the end it went well. I ordered from green and fashion travel shop.  He also gave me a good discount and a free inner tube.  You can say Joseph from the US that ordered the 1640wh referred me and ask for a discount.  He has a source to ship unit as a whole

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, Donafello said:

You can say Joseph from the US that ordered the 1640wh referred me and ask for a discount.  He has a source to ship unit as a whole

Thank you! This is wonderful information! I am not sure if they are willing to discount the ACM 1600 Mh lower than the $300 discount already offered but I do like the idea of shipping the unit as a whole! I will contact them!

• 2 weeks later...

Another ACM shipping delay! Any idea what the store was trying to communicate?

"the factory said that the less an outer cover of the accessories.....

It appears the Aliexpress mom and pop store never had possession of the ACM in the first place:(

Edited by Rehab1

53 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Another ACM shipping delay! Any idea what the store was trying to communicate?

"the factory said that the less an outer cover of the accessories.....

It appears the Aliexpress mom and pop store never had possession of the ACM in the first place:(

All the Ali-Express Seller's dont have the wheels in their "Own" Store....they are much to small buisiness to have all this expensive wheels allready bought in advance!

They get the wheel when you order....that can be a first delay...if the Producer-Gotway does not have it ready and first Needs to engineer it.

Here it sounds as it was a lack of "outer cover-wider Batterie covers" in the Gotway factory!

But what i read out of this here, is: The wheel is now allready on stand by at the "postal Service provider"......

I had this on my 2 China wheels also...it Needs between 2-7 days untill the Ali-shop receives the tracking number from it's "postal Provider".

I know it is hard to wait for a chinese shippment....but try to stay relaxed...."Mom and Pop Store are really fine :-) And: you are protected by PP or ali anyway!!!

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

But what i read out of this here, is: The wheel is now allready on stand by at the "postal Service provider".....

There is definitely a language barrier. If it is on the stand then hopefully I will receive a tracking # within a week.

7 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

I know it is hard to wait for a chinese shippment....but try to stay relaxed...."Mom and Pop Store are really fine :-) And: you are protected by PP or ali anyway!!!

I'm not to concerned about the wait. Thanks for the advice! I feel a bit more at ease.:wacko:

• Upvote 1

I'm still waiting for some items I ordered back in November to arrive.  :furious:  Usually things by slow boat take a one or two, but three is starting to get a little long!  Oh well they were only little items - my illuminated arms bands and running shoe clip on lights.  No real need for them yet anyways since I haven't had a chance to ride for ages.  Where the heck is @The Fat Unicyclist?  He should be posting up tons of summer time riding photos to keep the rest of us who can't ride going through our winter!

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I'm still waiting for some items I ordered back in November to arrive.

UGH! That has been 3 months! Maybe your country pissed off the Chinese or something! The Chinese love Trump so my order should come quick!:w00t2:

26 minutes ago, esaj said:

Where the heck is @The Fat Unicyclist?  He should be posting up tons of summer time riding photos to keep the

I was in touch with him last month. He was suppose to post some helicopter photos taken during his adventurous ride.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, esaj said:

If you take no action, the seller will receive the money, whether or not you actually had your stuff (not sure if it's the same when the value of the order is as high as with an EUC).

I placed the order using Paypal so they have my money but there is buyer protection. I trust the ACM will eventually make it's way across the pond.

• Upvote 1