Has anyone had issues ordering on Aliexpress?

Rehab1

Has anyone had any issues purchasing an EUC through Aliexpress? After my credit transaction was complete with the blessing from my bank (they flagged it at first) I was just waiting for a shipping date of my new Gotway. This morning I receive an email from Aliexpress stating the transaction is on hold until they receive a copy of my drivers license, credit card and bank statement! WTF! I am not about to give them all of my personal information. What next...my SS#? UoNc77m.png

Edited by Rehab1
  • Upvote 2

Transaction apparently goes smoother if you use AliPay and get verified.

Either way, you're gonna have to submit an ID, like driver's license or passport. (I wouldn't submit SSN)

You can search Reddit; a lot Int'l payments get rejected initially the non-AliPay route.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, litewave said:

Just use PayPal and everyone should be happy. :)

I don't think PayPal and AliExpress are compatible in general. Otherwise I agree. 

Edited by Mono
  • Upvote 1

@Rehab1 I bought V8 on AliExpress with my CC - I had no issues at all and didn't have to submit any personal info. Perhaps their policy changed - I ordered in October-November last year. Some smaller items I purchased quite recently - also without any issues. 

• Upvote 1

I bought two wheels for aliexpres and so received the same message, DO NOT CASE, check the status of your shipment and you will see that it is in the process of being shipped and not pending payment, so I am passionate that aliexpres charged me twice the Product (I believe that with date of the following day) and when I went to the bank to ask, the answer is that the second payment is pending to confirm by me, the money is automatically returned to me within 10 days, Payment can be to authorize the second purchase that you do not order, I pass several times, what is said, look at the status of your purchase in your account aliexpres

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Has anyone had any issues purchasing an EUC through Aliexpress? After my credit transaction was complete with the blessing from my bank (they flagged it at first) I was just waiting for a shipping date of my new Gotway. This morning I receive an email from Aliexpress stating the transaction is on hold until they receive a copy of my drivers license, credit card and bank statement! WTF! I am not about to give them all of my personal information. What next...my SS#? UoNc77m.png

Thats is no "issue"....

in the end that is a security thing i have often experienced when i make a "first" buy at a -reputated- chinese web site!

it is ensured to save -you and aliexpress- from some internet scammers that got into possesion of your creditcard number! 

so yes....i have done that a few times on reliable companys...aliexpress-gearbest-banggood etc...

dont worry! it is just to ensure you are the legal owner of this creditcard...aliexpress tries to be safe as possible, as they give you a buyer protection also...so they want to be sure you are"real"

Edited by KingSong69
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, litewave said:

Just use PayPal and everyone should be happy

Unfortunately they do not accept Paypal.

3 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Transaction apparently goes smoother if you use AliPay and get verified

I may try that method but I am not willing to hand over of all of my personal information just to get approved! The transaction initially went through, the funds were deducted from my account and then they decided to ask additional personal questions. I just canceled and they placed the funds back into the account this morning!

2 hours ago, Chris Westland said:

AliPay is the best way to handle this, but you would need to have a Chinese bank (Bank of China is best for foreigners) approve the link.

Thanks! I would rare just wait until Ian of Speedyfeet restocks. I just purchased a new Ram Rebel and it was not this difficult!

24 minutes ago, trya said:

@Rehab1 I bought V8 on AliExpress with my CC - I had no issues at all and didn't have to submit any personal info. Perhaps their policy changed - I ordered in October-November last year. Some smaller items I purchased quite recently - also without any issues. 

I should just email you the funds and you can represent me:laughbounce2:

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

so yes....i have done that a few times on reliable companys...aliexpress-gearbest-banggood

Are all companies represented on AliExpress reliable? I am just worried now! I have been frauded 3 Xs qithin 2 years, most recent episode this past week!

11 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Are all companies represented on AliExpress reliable? I am just worried now! I have been frauded 3 Xs qithin 2 years, most recent episode this past week!

you can believe me that that has nothing to do with the company-"green fashioning"!

the money goes to aliexpress...they take it and sit on the money ...UNTIL!!! you say: product received!

only at that time the seller gets the money!!!

So: Because of that buyer protection(fantastic on ali)....aliexpress wants to be sure, that this is a legal person behind that creditcard...and as this was probably your first ( or first high value) buy on aliexpress ....this asking is quit understandably...

otherwise...in case of scam...aliexpress must give the money back....AND the seller has send a good into "nirvana"!

i can asure you... a copy of driver license or even some lower validated "official card", like insurance card or something with real name and same adress (even with parts of number numbers of it under black)...-and a bill/bank paper that something was paid with that creditcard....would have been enough....

its just ment to not get into scam....as with this buyer protection you have...they must asure the validity of the user of the card!

Edited by KingSong69
  • Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Jose Otal said:

Payment can be to authorize the second purchase that you do not order, I pass several times, what is said, look at the status of your purchase in your account aliexpres

I checked again on Aliexpress and the purchase is closed and the full amount was  transferred back into my account. I simply do not feel comfortable about this situation anymore!

MfQ0yPt.png

• Upvote 1

When I bought my Msuper gotway, the purchase was not accepted and shortly after I received an email from the seller that wanted to make me a discount of 15% and of course I accept, now I only make purchases to sellers with good reputation, it is possible that their Seller is very new and not very serious, the Chinese are at parties these days

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I checked again on Aliexpress and the purchase is closed and the full amount was  transferred back into my account. I simply do not feel comfortable about this situation anymore!

MfQ0yPt.png

well...your (understandable) choice!

unfortunately i was a bit late to answer....aliexpress is really, really secure with his buyer protection...and i understand this "provements" as my safety also...

And...i am used to German standards,  not chinese 

...so i dont say that often about their "offers/product"... :-)

16 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Revisé de nuevo en Aliexpress y la compra está cerrada y el monto total fue trasladado de nuevo en mi cuenta. Simplemente no me siento cómodo en esta situación más!

MfQ0yPt.png

Look at your seller and have a good reputation, send him a message on his own account and ask him how is the situation of his purchase, or what is the problem

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jose Otal said:

When I bought my Msuper gotway, the purchase was not accepted and shortly after I received an email from the seller that wanted to make me a discount of 15% and of course I accept, now I only make purchases to sellers with good reputation, it is possible that their Seller is very new and not very serious, the Chinese are at parties these days

Did you even read the rest of the thread? :-)

this is not to the seller....it is to aliexpress because of buyer protection and the need to ensure validity of the transfer!

the seller will be sad, thats for sure!

....i know those sellers are not so easy to sell "more" wheels or become bigger company, because they need to "go in front" for each wheel and wait for money until goods are received by buyer...

but that all has nothing to do with "green fashion and...shop" is one of longest time seller of GW on ali.....and you can find prove of that here in the forum also....

• Upvote 2

yttps://es.aliexpress.com/item/GOTWAY-14MCM2S-260WH-340WH-520WH-680WH-blance-car-Electric-unicycle-Speed-30/32368523979.html?spm=2114.12010408.1000013.2.OVT1tm&scm=1007.13339.33317.0&pvid=766eead3-8571- 

Sorry but I do not understand very well everything that is published here, I use the google translator

I have had the experience that aliexpres charged me twice the purchase and my bank tells me that this second payment is pending confirmation (you have to be careful in confirming the second payment), again aliexpres I do not accept my payment and I believe That the seller did not accept it to apply a discount, because I had that offer asta a few days before, I buy from Spain and the wheels are already in Europe (Holland) and this gives me peace and confidence, 

• Upvote 1

On 1/28/2017 at 2:02 PM, KingSong69 said:

but that all has nothing to do with "green fashion and...shop" is one of longest time seller of GW on ali.....and you can find prove of that here in the forum also....

Updated correspondence with Green Fashion:

Edited by Rehab1
  • Upvote 3

Haha..."never mind me"...

so it seams that you will be getting your ACM? thats the best news in this thread so far, or @Rehab1?

Happy for you!

away from the chinese new year fact:

if the package is a bit longer "in transit" or even not progressed to flight....dont worry..that is the longest time of the delivery process....thats the part from the shipping agency to "on board"...after that...its a minute to your doorbell :-)

from my experience (but europe) 10-15days are a reference to your door...UsA? you will report then, i hope!

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

so it seams that you will be getting your ACM? thats the best news in this thread so far, or @Rehab1?

I just provided my paypal account info so still waiting on a response! It was so much easier to purchase my truck the other day! Hassle free!

Edited by Rehab1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I just provided my paypal account info so still waiting on a response! It was so much easier to purchase my truck the other day! Hassle free!

Take your chance....

not long and there will be a 30% punishment custom fee :-(