Has anyone had issues ordering on Aliexpress?

Rehab1

2 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I placed the order using Paypal so they have my money but there is buyer protection. I trust the ACM will eventually make it's way across the pond.

I've seen the "Green and somethingsomething" -shop mentioned multiple times in the forums, and if I recall correctly, always in a positive (or at the very least in neutral) light. I'm pretty sure it'll all go just fine.

I should probably start looking around for a new wheel myself too :D

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, esaj said:

I've seen the "Green and somethingsomething" -shop mentioned multiple times in the forums, and if I recall correctly, always in a positive (or at the very least in neutral) light. I'm pretty sure it'll all go just fine.

Green and fashion travaling shop, I bought my MCM4 from there and it was ok. I will buy Msuper from same shop soon?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, esaj said:

Yes I totally agree! Time to take a breather from your 'headache' bunker! ;)

Edited by Rehab1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/13/2017 at 11:15 PM, Rehab1 said:
On 2/13/2017 at 10:24 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I'm still waiting for some items I ordered back in November to arrive.

UGH! That has been 3 months! Maybe your country pissed off the Chinese or something! The Chinese love Trump so my order should come quick!:w00t2:

Same here, I also have several items ordered from Aliexpress back in November and early Dec...ahhh

On 13.2.2017 at 10:15 PM, Rehab1 said:

UGH! That has been 3 months! Maybe your country pissed off the Chinese or something! The Chinese love Trump so my order should come quick!:w00t2:

I was in touch with him last month. He was suppose to post some helicopter photos taken during his adventurous ride.

Again..dont worry....

thats not "slow" transport!! which is used....once i got the tracking number...it have been max 10 days to my door..

On 13.2.2017 at 10:24 PM, esaj said:

yip!! never EVER heard something bad about them...

Btw to all others: Ks16S!!! is available on ali now also!!!

Edited by KingSong69
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi, yeah several time i come to Aliexpress website to buy some products but at end i exit without buying any products just because of one reason which is paypal. Yes i usually believe that online transaction should be via PayPal as compare to any other resource because paypal is much much secure and hazel free but unfortunately Aliexpress is not offering paypal transaction which is the main issue for me. However few days before i just read some best aliexpress paypal alternative at  and i hope this might be helpful for me.  

Ooh i forgot to mention a reference article which i recently found here is that https://www.withintheflow.com/aliexpress-paypal/

Sorry, I'm late to this thread, but I went through something very similar trying to purchase my Mten3 from G&FTS on the aliexpress platform.  No way was I going to provide all that personal information that they were insisting on.  So, I asked the seller if we could do the deal directly via paypal and that worked out fine.  

• Upvote 2

On 1/28/2017 at 6:38 PM, KingSong69 said:

you can believe me that that has nothing to do with the company-"green fashioning"!

the money goes to aliexpress...they take it and sit on the money ...UNTIL!!! you say: product received!

only at that time the seller gets the money!!!

So: Because of that buyer protection(fantastic on ali)....aliexpress wants to be sure, that this is a legal person behind that creditcard...and as this was probably your first ( or first high value) buy on aliexpress ....this asking is quit understandably...

otherwise...in case of scam...aliexpress must give the money back....AND the seller has send a good into "nirvana"!

i can asure you... a copy of driver license or even some lower validated "official card", like insurance card or something with real name and same adress (even with parts of number numbers of it under black)...-and a bill/bank paper that something was paid with that creditcard....would have been enough....

its just ment to not get into scam....as with this buyer protection you have...they must asure the validity of the user of the card!

I bought a new carb for an ATV on Ali. The vendor sent me hairbrushes! It took almost 2 months to get a refund. Aliexpress were hopeless and no help at all - its just impossible to get hold of a real person to explain your problem. If the issue you have does not fit with the std Q&A automated problem tree they operate you get no help at all. The vendor who sent me the wrong stuff tried to trick me into cancelling the dispute, knowing full well once canceled you can't open another, tried to coerce me into taking only a partial refund, it was a real struggle to get it sorted out.

I will be very very careful in who i do business with on AlieX if the value is over a few bucks. I would add that i have bought dozens of things before with no issue. If i was buying an EUC if be sure to get it from a shop on AlieX which others have used and who are reputable suppliers

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nute said:

I bought a new carb for an ATV on Ali. The vendor sent me hairbrushes! It took almost 2 months to get a refund. Aliexpress were hopeless and no help at all - its just impossible to get hold of a real person to explain your problem. If the issue you have does not fit with the std Q&A automated problem tree they operate you get no help at all. The vendor who sent me the wrong stuff tried to trick me into cancelling the dispute, knowing full well once canceled you can't open another, tried to coerce me into taking only a partial refund, it was a real struggle to get it sorted out.

I will be very very careful in who i do business with on AlieX if the value is over a few bucks. I would add that i have bought dozens of things before with no issue. If i was buying an EUC if be sure to get it from a shop on AlieX which others have used and who are reputable suppliers

Sure...

I would never ever give the advice to buy from an unknown EUC store! Fortunatly we have some experience here over the the time with some of the shops.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

I've had a horrible experience with a purchase on AliExpres. It shoed up several aspects - the bad attitude of the seller, ignorance of the AliExpress customer support and an awful state of the AliExpress customer support system itself. 
Those who don't want to read long text can find the decision here: I recommend to be very careful when deciding to buy anything more or less expensive on AliExpress. In case of a problem, you cannot expect any reasonable response for the seller, any estimation of the situation by AliExpres and making any fair decision. You will have to be ready to spend many chat sessions on customer support without any result.
Let's go by points:
1. I live in Norway, and this country requires paying customs tax when an item crosses the state border. AliExpress became a member of the VOEC (VAT On E-Commerce) agreement and, as such, takes VAT itself which removes the need to pay VAT to the national customs authorities. I bought a thing on AliExpress. The seller forgot to specify the VOEC number on the parcel. The parcel came to my post office, and when I came to pick it up, I was told I must pay VAT + clearance fee. Why? Because the VOEC number is missing on the parcel, which means for them that I did not pay VAT to AliExpress, even though I did it.
2. I contacted the seller. He refused to propose a solution.
3. I contacted AliExpress customer support on chat. The agent responded "No problem. Just pay the claimed amount. You will provide the receipt, and AliExpress will refund your expenses.". Looks good, right?
4. I paid the claimed amount, which was three times higher than the paid VAT because of the clearance fee.
5. I contacted AliExpress customer support via chat and requested to open a refund case. I provided all the documentation required, including the claim to pay and the receipt for the payment.
6. Here comes the challenging point. I did not get any response. It is impossible to communicate with the case handler directly. It is always done via chat and customer support agent. He/she always opens A NEW CASE for your new contact. Everything that was done before gets lost. I contacted customer support six times. The problem was never solved. I had to deliver the same documents for my expenses repeatedly, again and again.
7. On the seventh contact, a case was opened and handled. As a result, I've got a refund of the VAT amount paid to AliExpress BUT not the amount I paid to the local customs, which was three times higher.
8. I contacted customer support again and wrote that it was the wrong refund amount because I would not pay anything to local customs if the seller specified the VOEC number on the package. A new case was created, and some days later, I got a response that I had already received the refund that they did before and that it was a final decision.

The bottom line: I paid double VAT, my real problem was ignored by  AliExpress customer support, I spent several hours trying to get the issue fixed, the seller was not responsible for the problem caused by him. I paid for his mistake, and AliExpress denied compensating for this. Is it fair? NO. Is it any significant amount of money for AliExpress to compensate the customer? NO.
It is simply disrespecting the customer.
Hence, I warn those who use AliExpress services that AliExpress disrespect us, buyers, and they never take responsibility for compensating expenses done by a buyer due to sellers' mistakes. In addition, AliExpress does not have any case handling system, which makes the whole negotiation process a nightmare.
In comparison, these are issues that I never experienced buying on eBay. Here I can confirm that eBay always respects the buyer and always takes responsibility for any problems with the seller.

• Like 1