a general thank you

I just want to say, thank you, to all people responsible for this great forum.

This forum grew to have all the relevant topics. Whenever i search for stuff on google, several topics in this forum pop up. It is a treasure trove for all.

The forum is very well maintained, moderated, kept up to date. The staff is knowledgeable and active. 

It is a pleasure to contribute.

Thank you.

I totally agree with you @johrhoj, this is the best electirc unicycle forum. Every day I sign in to look for news and informations, it is one of my daily appointments on the web.  So thank you so much and administrators and all members.

I could not agree more with the above positive comments! Something very special about this forum. The camaraderie, friendship and respect is outstanding! Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to participate!

16 minutes ago, John Eucist said:

Aside from the great community members we have in this forum I also want to thank @dmethvin , @Gimlet , @Jag_Rip , and most of all @esaj for their hard work in maintaining this forum.

Totally agree with all the above, Invaluable help and contribution from moderators and users of this forum is what making it such a great place to be a part of!

I'll add a very big THANK YOU!! to the admins, mods and other members for making this a great place to come and learn/discuss about any and all EUC's, to swap and gain advice and to chat with others sharing the same passion for EUC's.

Truly a brilliant place to visit :)

I would like to point out that this forum is very clearly laid out, easy to navigate and read, and has no ads, unlike every automotive forum I've visited.  It's not all jumbled up and compressed looking like most forums.

On June 19, 2016 at 7:54 PM, esaj said:

Thank @John Eucist for that, he's paying for running the forum out of his own pocket all by himself.

If you put up a contribute button on the forum I'm sure users would chip in a little to cover forum costs. No reason for @John Eucist to cover the cost in addition to the good work he does here. 

Volunteers are not paid because they are invaluable, but the idea of making a voluntary financial contribution by  the members is interesting.

This way we could maybe get enough funding to evolve from a special interest group forum to an enduser lobby group that works totwards the (harmonisation of) legal approval of EUCs in the different countries.

@esay start packing your travel bag!

I know, 50 and still believe I can help to make the world a better place.;)

On 6/20/2016 at 2:54 AM, esaj said:

Thank @John Eucist for that, he's paying for running the forum out of his own pocket all by himself.

Any idea what the annual running cost of the forum is?

12 hours ago, esaj said:

Not sure, probably something along these (so it can change according to number of average online users over the past 48 hours or something): https://invisionpower.com/buy

Yeah currently this forum is on the $45 per month plan.  It just got bumped up to this plan recently (from the $30 per month plan) automatically due to exceeding the "online visitors" threshold.  I do feel they are giving too little "Media & data storage" for the price.  Even if I went to the $130 per month plan I'd still be given only 20 GB of storage.  Of course I can buy the forum software license and host the server at a third party hosting provider but currently I'm just too lazy to migrate it and it's just too convenient to keep the status quo.  :D Regardless, what I'm contributing monetarily is peanuts compared to the generosity of @Rehab1 .  Check out this link:

3 minutes ago, John Eucist said:

Yeah currently this forum is on the $45 per month plan.  It just got bumped up to this plan (from the $30 per month plan) automatically due exceeding the "online visitors" threshold. 

For a moment there I was worried if it got bumped to the highest tier plan, as the maximum online users has been something like over 800 users, but luckily, they use a rolling average of 48 hours:

How do you measure my usage?

Our plans measure your online user count every 5 minutes, then calculate an average of the past 48 hours-worth of measurements, and it's this average which needs to be within your plan allowance. Because it's an average, spikes over the plan allowance aren't a problem if your traffic falls back to normal soon.

3 minutes ago, John Eucist said:

I do feel they are giving too little "Media & data storage" for the price.  Even if I went to the $130 per month plan I'd still be given only 20 GB of storage

Yeah, that's weird, disk-space shouldn't cost much anything... Sure, 15K rpm server hard drives and especially server SSDs can be costly (>1000€ per piece), but it's more of a one-time payment (times X, depending how many disks your RAID-stacks or whatever hold) and replacing faulting drives every now and then. And it's not like they need to buy separate drives per customer :P  Compare that to Amazon EBS prices:

Amazon EBS General Purpose SSD (gp2) volumes

• $0.10 per GB-month of provisioned storage

Amazon EBS Provisioned IOPS SSD (io1) volumes

• $0.125 per GB-month of provisioned storage
  • $0.065 per provisioned IOPS-month

Amazon EBS Throughput Optimized HDD (st1) volumes

• $0.045 per GB-month of provisioned storage

Amazon EBS Cold HDD (sc1) volumes

• $0.025 per GB-month of provisioned storage

Amazon EBS Snapshots to Amazon S3

• $0.095 per GB-month of data stored

17 hours ago, Shoe73 said:

If you put up a contribute button on the forum I'm sure users would chip in a little to cover forum costs. No reason for @John Eucist to cover the cost in addition to the good work he does here. 

Nah currently the cost is negligible.  I'll come begging if and when I can no longer afford it haha.  :D

8 minutes ago, esaj said:

Yeah, that's weird, disk-space shouldn't cost much anything... Sure, 15K rpm server hard drives and especially server SSDs can be costly (>1000€ per piece), but it's more of a one-time payment (times X, depending how many disks your RAID-stacks or whatever hold) and replacing faulting drives every now and then. And it's not like they need to buy separate drives per customer :P

Yeah that's why I put this paragraph in the "rules and guidelines" section:

POSTING MEDIA

This forum is hosted on a server where the total disk space cap is relatively low.  Therefore every forum account also has a cap on total disk usage.  For this reason it is encouraged that you put your large images on reliable external sites such as imgur.com (or equivalent) and embed it back into your posts.  Needless to say, videos go to YouTube (or equivalent) and can be embedded back into your posts here.

It's kind of a shame because it would be nice to keep all images within the same server.

I think they just wanted to find an easy way to get more money from the forums that grow.  But with their current price scale, most customers would inevitably host it on their own server for cheaper with 6 TB hard drives to boot. :P  I am just waiting for them to come to their senses and change the storage limits if and when the time comes for me to upgrade to even higher plans.

8 minutes ago, John Eucist said:

Yeah that's why I put this paragraph in the "rules and guidelines" section:

POSTING MEDIA

This forum is hosted on a server where the total disk space cap is relatively low.  Therefore every forum account also has a cap on total disk usage.  For this reason it is encouraged that you put your large images on reliable external sites such as imgur.com (or equivalent) and embed it back into your posts.  Needless to say, videos go to YouTube (or equivalent) and can be embedded back into your posts here.

It's kind of a shame because it would be nice to keep all images within the same server.

I think they just wanted to find an easy way to get more money from the forums that grow.  But with their current price scale, most customers would inevitably host it on their own server for cheaper with 6 TB hard drives to boot. :P  I am just waiting for them to come to their senses and change the storage limits if and when the time comes for me to upgrade to even higher plans.

I've actually started to prefer imgur, it's really handy in sharing images. But, for anything else (binary files, apks' etc), the forum is more useful...

Yes the guys who kindly take their time to post such well thought out information sure get my respect and HUGE thanks!

Thanks exclusively to this forum, I feel I bought a great EUC, and have learned how to ride it SAFELY and continue to improve while simply having fun!

I must also give a shout out to Charge Doctor as his devise just kicks ass IMHO!

ukj

Archived