Leaperkim Lynx 2700wh: 151V, 20" tire, suspension, 89lb

RagingGrandpa

i took mine off. they park better for me outside in their keter box on their front bumper. makes charging simple too.i've got velcro on the bumper to mount my phone anyway.C159CA47-9323-409B-BA1E-4A027D196264.thumb.jpeg.de0ac4a3d6805f47f14ab707571a9c32.jpeg

i think they look more badass this way. i'm into minimalist. although i can't wait for hou's 40mm forward backplate he's making for me. 

ps nothing wrong with the s22's. rode the 900# spring first, then  the diy s22 pro with the hh motor and michelin 809/90 r14 pilot street 2, and it was delightful. both wheels. the lynx just edges out the s22 with a little extra dig. suspension wise, having ridden all 4 today, there's pro's and con's of each one. 

i was surprised how great the old s22 amateur did with the street michelin.

A1BC3AA7-8A0C-48BA-A4FF-488DAF806A45.thumb.jpeg.f475c4a5a6538064c033c2ef40e5634b.jpeg

1 hour ago, Mike Sacristan said:

The kickstand hit when I jumped a spine.

agree -- I liked the utility of it, but finally had to take it off.  The size/angle just isn't quite right.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

I am working on a shorter kickstand which should be printed in TPU (for flexibility) thus minimizing the problem of clipping the kickstand and the consequences of doing so in difficult terrain or in Skateparks, can remove about 2cm in the rear and still have room for mudguard to move freely.

I'll buy one!!!  👍🏻 

2 hours ago, Rawnei said:

I am working on a shorter kickstand which should be printed in TPU (for flexibility) thus minimizing the problem of clipping the kickstand and the consequences of doing so in difficult terrain or in Skateparks, can remove about 2cm in the rear and still have room for mudguard to move freely.

That sounds awesome! 

Do you think the TPU alone at those dimensions will be strong enough to support the wheel without tipping over at-rest? (possibly with backpack/helmet sitting on it) Also, with the entire kickstand in TPU, I would assume the original kickstand pads you designed would be obsolete in that configuration, correct?

Btw, thank you for creating those bumper designs!  (just started printing a set)

Edited by Cyberwolf
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

I wouldn't recommend just removing the kickstand and leaving it like that, any sort of side impact can easily damage the mudguard, for example just dropping the wheel on a small rock while off-roading will definitely damage it.

Oh yeah, its strongly needed! Looking forward

Man I just love Grizzla :) 

The Lynx kit slotted on so nicely. I was so impressed with the seat hinging to allow trolley handle use. The fit and finish is perfect and enhanced my Lynx look heaps. 
They really design nice kit. 

I videod the fitting and I’ll do a quick roll review. 
PynxIMG_3775.thumb.jpeg.4cf35641d7e2b196ab59a518b35a26f7.jpeg 

• Like 1

3D printable shorter kickstand now available for those that might be interested:

Fun example from a tabletop I did with stock kickstand the other day, this is how much margin I had and this is not the steepest of tabletops or drops.

4.thumb.jpg.6693f8c73ed108321e6d141832bdc172.jpg

• Like 3

On 3/30/2024 at 3:30 PM, Cyberwolf said:

That sounds awesome! 

Do you think the TPU alone at those dimensions will be strong enough to support the wheel without tipping over at-rest? (possibly with backpack/helmet sitting on it) Also, with the entire kickstand in TPU, I would assume the original kickstand pads you designed would be obsolete in that configuration, correct?

Btw, thank you for creating those bumper designs!  (just started printing a set)

Wheel yes, helmet and backpack no idea, main difference is that wheel is leaning lower.

The bumpers will not fit this kickstand and would be kinda pointless since it's a bumper in and of itself. 😊

• Like 1

The front 3.5mm (3 pin) jack for the light has 24v between earth and red.

Most vehicle usb adapters are 12/24v.     

A QC3.0 USB socket with a 3.5mm stereo plug attached,  works great from that front socket.
I haven't been game to try it while riding,  but my initial experimental prototype charged my phone fine.

image.thumb.png.649b5fc38b07c2ffb6e28bd2e8d8f4d0.png

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, t0me said:

The front 3.5mm (3 pin) jack for the light has 24v between earth and red.

Most vehicle usb adapters are 12/24v.     

A QC3.0 USB socket with a 3.5mm stereo plug attached,  works great from that front socket.
I haven't been game to try it while riding,  but my initial experimental prototype charged my phone fine.

image.thumb.png.649b5fc38b07c2ffb6e28bd2e8d8f4d0.png

Just remember to power off the wheel before plugging and unplugging the 3.5mm jack.  Doing with the wheel powered on has a tendency to kill control boards.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

Just remember to power off the wheel before plugging and unplugging the 3.5mm jack.  Doing with the wheel powered on has a tendency to kill control boards.

Not sure about risk of short since tip is positive and ring+sleeve are both negatives but can just turn light off and there won't be any power on the plug don't need to turn whole wheel off.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 3/28/2024 at 11:56 AM, Rawnei said:

@Jason McNeil multiple people now reporting that PWM reporting on the Lynx seems to be out of place and lower than it should be, any chance you guys could look into it or ask LeaperKim engineers to take a look?

Any input on this issue @Jason McNeil? You're our best hope Jason Wan-Kenobi.

Edited by Rawnei
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Not sure about risk of short since tip is positive and ring+sleeve are both negatives but can just turn light off and there won't be any power on the plug don't need to turn whole wheel off.

3.5mm jacks are notorious for shorting, would recommend wheel off tbh

• Like 1

4 hours ago, novazeus said:

i'll post this weird trolleying behavior here to because veteran stuff doesn't make the front page.

That doesn't look good, I assume only 1 of your Lynx does that?

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Rawnei said:

That doesn't look good, I assume only 1 of your Lynx does that?

yes, the first one, the 66lb one.

u know, i think this peculiar behavior has been happening for awhile, but i never trolleyed the wheel until recently taking them to the well for charging. normally i'd pull them out of the keter box, and turn them on and ride. haha, i assumed it was some kind of self check. i've probably ridden it 200 plus miles on the ranch in this condition.

when ur trolleying it, haha, with the handle up, it's real noticeable. 

this is why i videoed it and posted it everywhere. something isn't right and i don't think it's firmware because they are identical in every way except 66 vs 70.

watch, tmrw my 70 will start acting weird.

update, i calibrated the wheel per ewheels support and the problem seems to have gone away.

Edited by novazeus

14 minutes ago, novazeus said:

u know, i think this peculiar behavior has been happening for awhile, but i never trolleyed the wheel until recently taking them to the well for charging. normally i'd pull them out of the keter box, and turn them on and ride. haha, i assumed it was some kind of self check. i've probably ridden it 200 plus miles on the ranch in this condition.

this is why i videoed it and posted it everywhere. something isn't right and i don't think it's firmware because they are identical in every way except 66 vs 70.

Cross-Posting from the other thread for visibility.

Perhaps related, this person was advised by LeaperKim representative to contact seller for a new control board:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/permalink/7389905501107349/

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

Bein you're chargin off the well and all, might this be yer drinkin wheel by chance? How far can it lean forward and back?

Edited by joyrider
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, novazeus said:

i'll post this weird trolleying behavior here to because veteran stuff doesn't make the front page.

I recommend to unplug both light ... if issue goes away it is DC-DC board. 

Trolley act like extra antena lol :D

Thinking about using conductive paint and shield/ground whole top platic ... SO many similar issues :D . 

I count myself lucky so far 1300 km without issue. After two v1 begode wheels I am still expecting something to fall apart but it just ride every day. Feels ... weird... I am used to work on my wheel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, daniel1234 said:

Thinking about using conductive paint and shield/ground whole top platic ... SO many similar issues :D . 

I count myself lucky so far 1300 km without issue. After two v1 begode wheels I am still expecting something to fall apart but it just ride every day. Feels ... weird... I am used to work on my wheel.

If it's a faulty board doing some additional Emi protection won't help, also if you do that you will also block the Bluetooth connection from the wheel no?