Leaperkim Lynx 2700wh: 151V, 20" tire, suspension, 89lb

RagingGrandpa

On 4/14/2024 at 4:25 PM, onkeldanuel said:

Out of curiousity, to which pedalmode have you guys set your Lynx (percentage) ? 

I tried 30-80% and so far stay on 30%. Most probably will try 0-30% as well.

• Like 2

My experience was that 60% was very soft and 80% was very hard, it didn't feel like it was correlating with the soft/medium/hard on other LeaperKim wheels, just between 70-80% you get a pretty big difference for each step.

On 4/14/2024 at 6:25 AM, onkeldanuel said:

Out of curiousity, to which pedalmode have you guys set your Lynx 

My everyday cruise setting is hard 100% -2⁰, but that setting alone all depends on your overall configuration setup. 

Does somebody have an issue with the headlight, where the footplates are tilted back after switching the headlight on?

Or did you see a branch, where this issue was discussed (I did not found)?

Edited by 4tik

20 hours ago, Rawnei said:

My experience was that 60% was very soft and 80% was very hard, it didn't feel like it was correlating with the soft/medium/hard on other LeaperKim wheels, just between 70-80% you get a pretty big difference for each step.

I notice the same... Low % hardness is kinda fun, but anything below 60% is a bit dangerous when seated -- I almost fell off the back!

This is one reason I like the Inmotion feature where you can control hard/softness separately for front vs back -- so you can soften the front for acceleration, but keep braking hard for seated safety.

Edited by JZT-Colorado

1 hour ago, 4tik said:

Does somebody have an issue with the headlight, where the footplates are tilted back after switching the headlight on?

Contact your reseller you night need replacement parts.

Recently I've moved my OS alarm and tiltback  from 50 Km/h to 60 km/ as I was reaching it too frequently . Now it happens that wheel titlbacks sooner than the 60 km/h probably due to OS tiltback percentage (is that same as PWM?) which is set at 75%. What should  speeds should be reachable with 75% OS tiltback percentage on a flat ground with avarage weight rider. I thing I shoudl not be reaching tiltback before 60 km/h beacuse of that setting.

Edited by versus

2 hours ago, versus said:

Recently I've moved my OS alarm and tiltback  from 50 Km/h to 60 km/ as I was reaching it too frequently . Now it happens that wheel titlbacks sooner than the 60 km/h probably due to OS tiltback percentage (is that same as PWM?) which is set at 75%. What should  speeds should be reachable with 75% OS tiltback percentage on a flat ground with avarage weight rider. I thing I shoudl not be reaching tiltback before 60 km/h beacuse of that setting.

PWM based functions such as tiltback and the value sent over bluetooth are bugged and overreported (triggering too early), the only PWM function that is correct are the hardcoded wheel beeps, thus this question can not be answered properly, I have my OS % Tiltback set to 82% but even then it is activating early and keeping me from going higher than 70kmh wheel reported (66kmh GPS).

If you set yours to 80% at least you will be able to reach 60kmh without tiltback engaging.

On 4/18/2024 at 12:47 PM, 4tik said:

Not me, but another rider in the Roger Charger Telegram group had a similar issue.  Turning on the headlight made it tilt forward.  Ewheels contacted them with a response from Leaperkim.  "Based on similar reports of this behavior Leaperkim thinks that this related to the headlight emitting EMF."  Then sent him a replacement headlight.

10 minutes ago, Artillery said:

Not me, but another rider in the Roger Charger Telegram group had a similar issue.  Turning on the headlight made it tilt forward.  Ewheels contacted them with a response from Leaperkim.  "Based on similar reports of this behavior Leaperkim thinks that this related to the headlight emitting EMF."  Then sent him a replacement headlight.

Yikes I haven't really used my headlight, but I just noticed my wheel twitches, & makes a squeal when I turn the light on. 

On 4/14/2024 at 8:35 AM, WheelGoodTime said:

I prefer as soft as it gets for maximum acceleration. 0% for me!

Ha. I tried last night, just briefly and almost fell off. Wasn’t ready for that tilt and hesitation, but that might just be what I need? 
Any time I hit a soft spot the Lynx rockets out and usually hurts me somehow. Maybe a little softness won’t make it try to break my legs so quickly. 
Last week I learned a new trick called the scorpion. I’m 50 And  thought I might die, lol

I was gonna sell it, but euc is all I think about. I’ve broken way too many bones to quit now!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Is someone already got some abnormal displaying on the lynx Screen ? 

spacer.png

Screenshot above has been taken from facebook, and I have encountered the same phenomenon (by turning on the wheel. After that characters are slowly disapearing / wheel still balanced). Turning off the back is bringing display to normal. 

I am questionning about cut out risks related to that. Seems like Ewheels has provided some procedures to solve the issue (putting some electrical tape on specific part of the Screen motherboard) 

• Like 1

On 4/16/2024 at 6:51 PM, Cyberwolf said:

Did y'all ever get this fixed? 

I just noticed the same thing last night - knobby is definately not centered on wheel (not sure how I didn't notice it earlier), and have been having trouble getting it squared away; so far I've tried fully deflating, broke the 'bead' on both sides, used some soapy-water, inflated in stages while working the outside with a rubber mallet, and so far still can't seem to get it centered to within "eyeball" tolerance (though it may be a little better than original positioning);  it's a work-in-progress...

My wheel does not look centered as well. I tried my best measuring the rim centering and it appears to be centered. I deflated, pulled, massaged and still my shinko 241 is closer to the left side . Mudgaurd still is off  a bit as well. Out of my 3 veteran wheels, this one is most off centered. Im not the best at disassembly but have worked on all of the wheels so far, and the LYNX thus far has been the most headache inducing to work with in terms of trying to get everything to be straight and perfect. Not sure why  tire is off centerr n the Lynx. Patton with the 241 tire..perfect alignment! Sherman-S with the MPS2 tire , perfect and straight!  My only hunch is the motor bolts and screws need to be looser maybe? 

Edited by WILSONEUC

On 4/14/2024 at 2:58 AM, daniel1234 said:

it is passive balancing at end of the charge cycle ... you can see tickle charge (the charger keep turning off and on on end of charging) at a constant voltage phase of the charging process.

Does it suck ? Yes ! Does it change much 

I was under the assumption that the "smart BMS" had a balancer that no matter the %SoC it would match the lowest of the 36, since it's reading all the values. 

18 hours ago, Supakatt said:

I was under the assumption that the "smart BMS" had a balancer that no matter the %SoC. 

That is called active balancing. The whole "smart bms" means almost nothing, and all manufacturers do NOT disclose all features of their BMS. Everyone's definition of word "smart" can differ. There is no official definition, just buzz word. Like "crystal quality" or "smooth operation" e.t.c.

It is even questionable how exact those values are at each parallel - I would guess max +- 0.05. I doubt they using high-quality of ADC.  

I am assuming that fuse is the only discharge protection that Lynx have!  It is hard to call "smart".
If they don't invest in real BMS it is better this way. Any failure of Bms means an instant nosedive. BMS are expensive I understand why they save here.

So the strangest and somewhat embarrassing thing happened multiple times now with my Lynx the past week.

The other day in a store it just beeped couple of times randomly, not throughout the whole store just in a certain area couple of times and then no more.

Today in a totally different store it happened again multiple times like 4-5 times in total in different locations in the store in large open spaces where there was no anti-theft scanners or anything like that.

It's always the same beeping pattern, first a short beep followed by a slightly longer beep "bip-beeep", like nothing I've heard the wheel produce before.

I've been with my Lynx to a bunch of different stores before but it never happened until this past week.

• Confused 4

4 minutes ago, noonewantstobepeterchris said:

Is it the same store?

Nope

Today in a totally different store

3 hours ago, Rawnei said:

So the strangest and somewhat embarrassing thing happened multiple times now with my Lynx the past week.

The other day in a store it just beeped couple of times randomly, not throughout the whole store just in a certain area couple of times and then no more.

Today in a totally different store it happened again multiple times like 4-5 times in total in different locations in the store in large open spaces where there was no anti-theft scanners or anything like that.

It's always the same beeping pattern, first a short beep followed by a slightly longer beep "bip-beeep", like nothing I've heard the wheel produce before.

I've been with my Lynx to a bunch of different stores before but it never happened until this past week.

fyi

since i'm in a sterile environment from any external radio transmissions, including my at&t wireless service, and i haven't heard beeps trolleying and i've started trolleying them alot since i'm charging off the well pump generator. 

20 minutes ago, novazeus said:

fyi

since i'm in a sterile environment from any external radio transmissions, including my at&t wireless service, and i haven't heard beeps trolleying and i've started trolleying them alot since i'm charging off the well pump generator. 

Funny thing is that my friend which also has a Lynx was with me the first time and his didn't beep.

10 minutes ago, noonewantstobepeterchris said:

Which firmware version do you have?

Latest.

The charger fan makes a lot of noise, but recently it has started to vibrate. I have to shake the charger to make the screeching noise stop. What is the reference for a quieter fan model?

• Like 1