Leaperkim Lynx 2700wh: 151V, 20" tire, suspension, 89lb

RagingGrandpa

it seems that it is active balancing, no need to charge to 100%.  I have done 10 charges at 90%, so far, without cell imbalance.  Smart BMS allow cells to be balanced in charge and discharge.

• Like 1

Instead of guessing can just charge it partially the turn it on connect with the app and observe if any balancing is happening.

I guess we're unlikely to have answers about the PWM reporting on apps. It should have been fixed long ago, unless the EUC World/DarknessBot devs need direct cooperation from LK. In which case, it's anyone's guess if they'll do that.

I could be mistaken but I'm about 99% sure that it is all due to the fact that the wheel has smart field weakening - not kicking in until the higher speeds are reached. But either way, you'd think it's not THAT difficult. I hope to hear about some update about it soon but I'm losing hope since we are on batch 4 or 5ish by now...

7 hours ago, WheelGoodTime said:

I guess we're unlikely to have answers about the PWM reporting on apps. It should have been fixed long ago, unless the EUC World/DarknessBot devs need direct cooperation from LK. In which case, it's anyone's guess if they'll do that.

I could be mistaken but I'm about 99% sure that it is all due to the fact that the wheel has smart field weakening - not kicking in until the higher speeds are reached. But either way, you'd think it's not THAT difficult. I hope to hear about some update about it soon but I'm losing hope since we are on batch 4 or 5ish by now...

We did a lot of testing here in Stockholm.

The PWM reporting is wrong from the wheel, it's not an app problem the apps just use the values that the wheel are sending and it happens regardless if you use field weakening or not, it's a firmware bug, educated guess it's most likely since they put some sort of soft limit on the top speed they introduced this bug.

The only thing that works correctly is the PWM beeps from the wheel every other PWM mechanism is overreporting i.e. triggering too early, even the tiltback.

It seems very difficult to get LeaperKim's attention on this and I don't see much interest from resellers on this.

What I use right now is OS Tiltback on 82% and app alarm at 85%, this is still very conservative and will trigger too early I know several riders who put it higher but I rather play it safe until it's fixed.

• Like 2

On 4/12/2024 at 4:19 AM, Supakatt said:

Has anyone answered this question about the Smart BMS having active cell balancing or is it still passive cell balancing, but with cell monitoring?

it is passive balancing at end of the charge cycle ... you can see tickle charge (the charger keep turning off and on on end of charging) at a constant voltage phase of the charging process.

Does it suck ? Yes ! Does it change much ? No.

So far none of EUC companies are using real fully featured "smart" BMS, and nobody really cared so far. 
Still, my Lynx even with 50E seems to perform well even approx 50 cycles / 1500 km. Range got down a little as expected after few cycles. 

Does anybody have more than 5k km / 200 cycles ?
It is still to early to say if the battery is or not solid, but so far it seems promising. I am not an active rider - does a anybody have different experience ?

2 hours ago, daniel1234 said:

Can anybody set cutout side angle to more than 45 degree? 50 somehow seems still bugged for me(wont cut it out). 

I have mine set at 55 currently, seems to be working fine.

9 minutes ago, onkeldanuel said:

Out of curiousity, to which pedalmode have you guys set your Lynx (percentage) ? 

I prefer as soft as it gets for maximum acceleration. 0% for me!

Edited by WheelGoodTime
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, WheelGoodTime said:

I prefer as soft as it gets for maximum acceleration. 0% for me!

Oh, very interesting, i need to try this....youre doing trails also? Or pure street?

1 hour ago, onkeldanuel said:

Out of curiousity, to which pedalmode have you guys set your Lynx (percentage) ? 

76%

• Like 3

19 hours ago, peytole said:

it seems that it is active balancing, no need to charge to 100%.  I have done 10 charges at 90%, so far, without cell imbalance.  Smart BMS allow cells to be balanced in charge and discharge.

My Nik with SmartBMS has 20000km on it. I have done plenty of charges with the balancer turned off and the cells still stay within a delta of 10mV.
With the balancer on I can set the delta to whatever value like 5mV. Then it will work overtime to keep such a small delta.
If no balancing is required then no balancing will happen. So if I set the balancer to 20mV then you will never see balancing because the delta will never be that big.
Balancing is there to correct voltage differentials above a certain threshold.

What the Lynx is letting us do is see cell health which we could not see before.
There are a lot of things we do not see in the app though. So if you hold the bottom left button on the panel you can access deeper menus, advanced menus, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, daniel1234 said:

it is passive balancing at end of the charge cycle ... you can see tickle charge (the charger keep turning off and on on end of charging) at a constant voltage phase of the charging process.

Does it suck ? Yes ! Does it change much ? No.

So far none of EUC companies are using real fully featured "smart" BMS, and nobody really cared so far. 
Still, my Lynx even with 50E seems to perform well even approx 50 cycles / 1500 km. Range got down a little as expected after few cycles. 

Does anybody have more than 5k km / 200 cycles ?
It is still to early to say if the battery is or not solid, but so far it seems promising. I am not an active rider - does a anybody have different experience ?

Yeah, I believe it's not necessary with pre-installed cell matching. Maybe I was under some assumption when its mentioned "Smart BMS" it was sensing logic circuit that at a minimum used drain resistors that drain to within the <.02v/cell average regardless of %SoC to equalize the pack since there is already a voltage reading. It would be helpful if leaperkim provided some technical clarification on how their BMS functions. 

On 4/3/2024 at 6:20 PM, Seba said:

EUC World 2.44 is now available for update. It not only includes full support for Lynx smart BMS, but there are also new settings in the "Wheel" menu.

Small request, the lynx pedal angle operates in decimals, every button press in the menu is 0.2, 0.4, 0.6 and so on but EUC World does not show this, it seems to only show/operate with integers, possible to get support for this?

(I'm also unsure if it's actual degrees, 0.6 seems to be closer to 2.0 degrees for example).

3 hours ago, GottaWay said:

What batch is the lynx on now? Any updates in newer production?

I think the time of counting batches is past and there haven't been any changes.

my knobby tires are at 37 psi cold. 

no pre load and screws fully counterclockwise on both.

i weigh 180 with gear. 

0 degree tilt

100% pedal hardness

beidou pedal drops

hou's 40mm forward backplate

purrfect!

17 hours ago, GottaWay said:

What batch is the lynx on now? Any updates in newer production?

They have all been the same since the display button issue was resolved in December, & even those initial production parts were replaced.

The only thing that consistently varies in options such as Samsung 50S cells since leaperkim offers a 50E option but I dont know which retailer offers that option, even though it brings the overall price down some it is likely unpopular.

Leaperkim recently added a 58lb progressive spring option that is optimally suited for <75kg riders geared up. Most of the updates are likely going to be firmware, & app, but TBH, everything has been great so far.

Edited by Supakatt

On 2/9/2024 at 9:20 AM, WolfonWheelz said:

Has anyone seen any reports of the Lynx have a "bump" in its ride?

Im going to contact ewheels and see if they have heard anything. My Lynx arrived and it seems to have a bump in its tire rotation. It almost feels like if a rim on a static wheel was dented. But the lynx's rim is fine. It evens out at over 30mph, but im assuming that its just rotating so fast that the bump becomes non-noticable and the suspension might soak it up. But low to mid speed, its quite obvious and is really annoying. 

Idk if its a weird alignment with the bearing or a suspension quirk or what? Im doing a tire change this weekend and will investigate it further. 

On 2/9/2024 at 10:07 AM, Planemo said:

It'll almost certainly be a case of the tyre not seated centrally on the rim. Can you see the tyre 'bumping' when you hold the wheel up during a freespin?

Did y'all ever get this fixed? 

I just noticed the same thing last night - knobby is definately not centered on wheel (not sure how I didn't notice it earlier), and have been having trouble getting it squared away; so far I've tried fully deflating, broke the 'bead' on both sides, used some soapy-water, inflated in stages while working the outside with a rubber mallet, and so far still can't seem to get it centered to within "eyeball" tolerance (though it may be a little better than original positioning);  it's a work-in-progress...

Edited by Cyberwolf