The Photo Thread

SlowMo

8 hours ago, beast@tanagra said:

Did the V10F really have enough battery for the whole ascent? I would have thought it would come in a couple hundred kWh short.

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

It was consistently reporting about ~7% less battery capacity of the Tesla. We both made it to the top. I'll be posting a ride video tomorrow (Sunday).

Unfortunately, the V10F kept kicking @maltocs off the wheel due to "Overload" conditions. Must have happened over 20-times during the ascent. Inmotion really needs to fix the firmware because as it stands now I could not recommend this wheel to any rider that wants to do much hill climbing. The same thing was happening to @1Wheeler during our Griffith Park ride last weekend.

I had about 22% left at the top and my rider weight was probably about 205lbs yesterday. Of course, I cheated a little bit as during many of the later overloads, i walked it about 10-15 yards to give it time to rest so i can reset the unit.... until the next overload that is.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Did a tour today, some fun new exploring but along known waypoints. 100% down to 7% battery, barely made it home. After being off for 20 mins, I checked the wheel and it showed 19%. Any idea if that means anything? Starting to think my batteries are beginning to degrade after 5000km, but maybe I'm imagining things. Range was fine though... or was it?

<snip>

I often see a bounce back in battery level. Sometimes I'll stop while noting the battery level, and then a few minutes later when I take off again, the battery level has climbed (but usually <5%). Wheel remains powered on.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Thanks, I've had that too, but the surprise here was the big difference. Guess that's just how it is. I'm just worried my baby is getting old:efee8319ab:

Oh, I think it's getting old all right.

Say, when did you get your ACM? I was riding my ACM2 conversion wheel today, and it's about 1-1/2 years old. It only has about 800-miles on it though, compared to your massive count. My batteries are doing fine. After about 26-miles of riding in the hills I still had 60-percent battery (1300wh capacity).

On 7/7/2018 at 2:31 PM, dismason said:

Team KingSong 16 is sitting on a park bench in the center of Helsinki, Finland. dismason (to the left (me)) tries to find the wireless connection to the camera and I found it. Mrelwood is mounting a turbo to his wheel :). Thank you mrelwood so much for showing me one of the most beautiful part of Helsinki ? (our ride was 16.16mi 26km long).

KingSongTeam.jpg.ed88682e8cf66029249c592e781e971b.jpg

What do you mean with "Mounting a Turbo to his wheel"? I'm pretty new to EUC, and I didn't know you could add turbos to them? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Heroine Smith said:

What do you mean with "Mounting a Turbo to his wheel"? I'm pretty new to EUC, and I didn't know you could add turbos to them? 

Thank you for your feedback, Mrs Smith! It was meant as a joke in the first palace :laughbounce2:. But on the other side, many EUC drivers have made changes on their wheels. Especially those who ride a lot (a lot means to me < 12.4mi, 20km / day). I have changed the original tire to a better one. I have also changed the angle of the side pads so my wheel will feel more comfortable. In the picture @mrelwood adjusts his new pedals for a more comfortable ride. He have mounted bigger pedals on his wheel .

I wish you very welcome to the forum and hope you will enjoy your time here!
Greetings from Finland
Carl

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

A couple pictures from my sunset ride ride in the hills above Los Angeles (seen far off in the distance).

Haha, nice "Captain Marty, Superhero" style pictures:efee612b4b:

13 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Oh, I think it's getting old all right.

Say, when did you get your ACM? I was riding my ACM2 conversion wheel today, and it's about 1-1/2 years old. It only has about 800-miles on it though, compared to your massive count. My batteries are doing fine. After about 26-miles of riding in the hills I still had 60-percent battery (1300wh capacity).

Got it end of January 2017. I'm not sure if there is any range loss already. It was simply my gut feeling of how far I should come that expected a few more beepless kilometers. But it was a windy day and I was riding fast and mercilessly and on rough paths (ACM is just rock solid). So probably there is no range loss.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Haha, nice "Captain Marty, Superhero" style pictures:efee612b4b:

Got it end of January 2017. I'm not sure if there is any range loss already. It was simply my gut feeling of how far I should come that expected a few more beepless kilometers. But it was a windy day and I was riding fast and mercilessly and on rough paths (ACM is just rock solid). So probably there is no range loss.

That's what I thought - we bought them about the same time :thumbup: Remind me, are you running with that knobby tire or are you back to the stock version? I love the knobby tire on my copper wheel. I'm hoping the tread doesn't wear away as some people have reported.

10 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

That's what I thought - we bought them about the same time :thumbup: Remind me, are you running with that knobby tire or are you back to the stock version? I love the knobby tire on my copper wheel. I'm hoping the tread doesn't wear away as some people have reported.

Just keep that tire away from anything thats not soft at all costs. You dont want it to only 2 weeks like mine ;) 

Edited by Shad0z
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Shad0z said:

Just keep that tire away from anything thats not soft at all costs. You dont want it to only 2 weeks like mine ;) 

I have over a 100-miles on the tire and it's still looking good.

11 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

We both got the initial white panel "special edition". Just had to move my batteries 3 months later:efee8319ab:

I'm back to the original tire. The knobby one was loud and somehow I suspect it was to blame for my bent rim (not sure). Also it is so thin/flabby and didn't hold up too well (started being damaged along the seams) compared to the stock tire. Also on asphalt, I'd guess the knobs are mostly gone after 1000km, but dirt should be better. I may try it again next winter for snow.

• Like 1