The Photo Thread

SlowMo

1 hour ago, Scatcat said:

The best swedish DAY of the year ?

So we are talking 1 day of the year right? And yes a little late but Swedish holiday season food sucks. Same dishes every time. Most contain something fishy...I hate fish..as food.

On 6/20/2018 at 10:37 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

Some cool numbers

Nice scenery! I have a no brainier estimate for 'typical rolling terrain'. I take the maximum distance I go on an average terrain ride, divide that number by ten and use that value to estimate how much farther my battery will go (miles or km per 10% battery) when I'm down to ...let's say 35 % battery.

Since I rarely ride below 20% battery, a battery level of 35% gives me a remaining range of 1.5x the number from the calculation described above.

Example:

For your 61 km ride you could estimate about 6 km per 10% of remaining battery for some rides.

At 35% remaining charge a guesstimating value for range would be 9 km before stopping your ride at 20% battery.

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

almost 20km with 35%

Yeah....if you used 100% of your battery (not likely) then ratio and proportion  puts your battery's max range at 57 km which is close to your trip value of 60.8 km.

Using one Sig fig (significant figure) is about as precise as you can guesstimate by this method.

20 km/ 35% = x / 100%

X = 20 km* (100/35)

x = 57 km

Since your described trip has significant Hill climbing and a 'regenerative braking' period of over an hour , this particular trip distance may not be an ideal max for calculating a 10% battery range value....if you catch my idea.

Edited by Bob Eisenman

4 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I’m finally taking vacation after 3 long years. Headed to Tennessee Sunday with all of my wheels.  My main stop before meeting up with family is a place called Cades Cove. This verdant valley is surrounded by beautiful mountains and offers wildlife viewing of white tailed deer, black bear and coyote to name a few. It should be a fun journey.

(Winding road through Cade’s Cove- Not my Photo) 

42959920421_24ed8a64d6_b.jpg

Enjoy. Cades Cove is awesome. You'll love it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

You can't beat Canada for our lovely, verdant and adroit scenery!

LOL! Admit it....you L?ve  my word adroit. Unfortunately you just butchered it. ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

@Rehab1 Well, looks like he isn't adroit enough to use the word adroit. Or maybe he is, and you weren't adroit enough to get his kind of usage for the word adroit, specifically used in a nonsense way - adroitly, if that was the case. I'm not adroit enough to tell:efeebb3acc:

I had to look up online what a 'droit' means.

• Like 2

And on the topic of @Rehab1 and his vacation , will the placement of the anatomic term trochanter be adroitly returned to the femur (online info)  or will trochanter be left wandering in the imagination , assigned perhaps to identity of the Jewish guy at Temple who calls himself 'Tro'?

Edited by Bob Eisenman

26 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:rolleyes:  My gosh some people are hard to convince it's real.  Okay, here's proof of life:

MARTY AND ME

IMG_4440.jpg

IMG_4443.jpg

IMG_4445.jpg

IMG_4451.png

Fantastic :thumbup:  So tantalizingly close to seeing the whole Hunka. Is this the most that we've ever seen guys? I'd say more but then I would start to sound like I do (ah, did) in a strip bar :D

P.s. I wasn't doubting you, I just wanted to see the shirt worn in full context. Thanks :cheers:

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

:w00t2:  Just wait until you see my "Marty Undies" I got printed up!  :whistling:  

Juuust kidding!  :ph34r:  I used one of meep's rare photos for that.  I can't see his face when I'll be wearing it, but I know who I'll be sitting on.  :innocent1:  I hope mezzanine doesn't pop a blood vessel when he hears about that!  :efefd0f676:

Thanks again goes to your missus for providing the artwork for my tee.  People often don't appreciate fine art when they see it, and in these modern times why not adapt it to a popular medium I figure.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:w00t2:  Just wait until you see my "Marty Undies" I got printed up!  :whistling:  

Juuust kidding!  :ph34r:  I used one of meep's rare photos for that.  I can't see his face when I'll be wearing it, but I know who I'll be sitting on.  :innocent1:  I hope mezzanine doesn't pop a blood vessel when he hears about that!  :efefd0f676:

Thanks again goes to your missus for providing the artwork for my tee.  People often don't appreciate fine art when they see it, and in these modern times why not adapt it to a popular medium I figure.

:laughbounce2:

31 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:rolleyes:  My gosh some people are hard to convince it's real.  Okay, here's proof of life:

MARTY AND ME

IMG_4440.jpg

AND TESSIE

IMG_4443.jpg

IMG_4445.jpg

IMG_4451.png

Nice! I want one :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Fantastic :thumbup:  So tantalizingly close to seeing the whole Hunka. Is this the most that we've ever seen guys? I'd say more but then I would start to sound like I do (ah, did) in a strip bar :D

Spoiler

new-lego-strip-club-only-19-99_o_4391749

Edited by RayRay
Hanka's Club
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

See Marty, I've started a movement.  :pooping:  Also, I've maybe sparked a trend!  I think it would be hilarious if you guys had a group ride, and everyone showed up wearing a Marty Merch T-shirt.  :laughbounce2:  That would be very funny.

Another idea is wearing a "Mar-T" and taking selfies in front of various landmarks like the Eiffel Tower, the Grand Canyon, etc. and posting them up here.

Sounds fun, start a store so we can get one.  Maybe you can sell enough to fund your next wheel to review for us. :thumbup:

• Like 2