The Photo Thread

SlowMo

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

:laughbounce2: Why do so many people misappropriate the use of my image ;) You know it's copyrighted, right? I learned that lesson from a suggestion from @Hunka Hunka Burning Love

For some reason my photoshop just automatically removes your copyright name. Weird. ;)

Edit:

Speaking of copyright protection do you remember when TV networks first began putting their logos at the bottom of the screen? 1990. Why do I know this? Because CNN threatened to sue me in 1990 because I took 40 hours of their material leading up to the Gulf War (Desert Shield) and made a short video. The next day CNN added their logo followed by other networks within weeks.

I know this is the EUC photo thread but it sometimes it segways into...in this case....copyrighted material.:) Sorry. 

All video was recorded off of my TV onto VHS camera, edited and transferred to super VHS. 3rd generation material resulted in a few green faces and jumpyness.  Oh well. My first video.

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

For some reason my photoshop just automatically removes your copyright name. Weird. ;)

Edit:

Speaking of copyright protection do you remember when TV networks first began putting their logos at the bottom of the screen? 1990. Why do I know this? Because CNN threatened to sue me in 1990 because I took 40 hours of their material leading up to the Gulf War (Desert Shield) and made a short video. The next day CNN added their logo followed by other networks within weeks.

I know this is the EUC photo thread but it sometimes it segways into...in this case....copyrighted material.:) Sorry. 

All video was recorded off of my TV onto VHS camera, edited and transferred to super VHS. 3rd generation material resulted in a few green faces and jumpyness.  Oh well. My first video.

In 1990 the Internet did not exist in any consumer facing capacity. How exactly were you showing this video that was able to get CNNs attention?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Pictures from a ride to Beverly airport (Massachusetts) where N750SC was about to land on a flight from Bedford, MA. The logs in the other pictures are from a corporate lot next to the airfield.

79888.jpg

79893.jpg

79894.jpg

79895.png

Wow, a 10 minute flight.  That's got to be one of the shortest commuter flights.  Wonder what the ticket price is on that flight?  That's a cool app.

2 hours ago, RayRay said:

This was a very precarious place to perch your wheel... (Could have fallen into stream:()

Thought this too, right after I had taken the photos. But well, it was on and stable, so whatever. Maybe I'm unconsciously trying to kill it so I must buy another shiny new wheel?:efee8319ab:

1 hour ago, steve454 said:

I was thinking the same thing, along with this other picture by the lake.

It's a river. And in this case, though in the photo it looks indeed different, it was right next to a huge bush + grass shielding it and even a spin out would probably not have it tumble into the water.

--

Anyways, the point was to never switch it off during the two stops (because... well, because!), this is how these happened.

52 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Not if it falls in the creek;)

:laughbounce2:

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, steve454 said:

Wow, a 10 minute flight

Bedford=Hanscom Field (AFB site)

Beverly looks to be the hanger'd home of the jet. They tugged it into the hanger just after the engines shut down. Two vehicles came from the hanger and exited the airfield after the hanger door went closed.

Years ago (1989?)...probably later...I saw an airshow with the USAF Thunderbirds (?) perform there at Hanscom

or was it the Blue Angels in 1998(?)

http://www.qozzy.com/ipusers/photocd/hanscom98.html

Traffic was backed up for miles as is typical for the Thunderbirds or Blue Angels show. I seem to remember it was the Thunderbirds but I can't find any Google hits other than 1989 which is too early in terms of my living in the area following employment up to 1989 out of this state in NY.

B52 flyover too..

https://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-8127663.html

I think the mission of the base was officially closed during that ceremony in some fashion..although Hanscom AFB still exists as a building cluster.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanscom_Field

Limited 'parking' at Hanscom Field

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/06/04/hanscom-field-once-dominated-military-flights-now-province-private-jets-and-smaller-planes/JqXXUeFacstHJB059XoxgI/story.html

Easy access to rt128 and Mass Pike East to Boston without the congestion of Logan.

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, steve454 said:

That's got to be one of the shortest commuter flights. 

About 2014 a private jet with flaps set inappropriately crashed and burned on takeoff from Hanscom Field (fuel laden).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/04/08/ntsb-reports-reveal-hanscom-crash-tragic-last-moments-before-seven-people-perished/zGGFJ2cEHJpd7nqlFrXoEM/amp.html

The neighborhood around Hanscom is really nice (Lincoln, MA)

1 hour ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Years ago (1989?)...probably later...I saw an airshow with the USAF Thunderbirds (?) perform there at Hanscom

4 hours ago, steve454 said:

Wow, a 10 minute flight.  That's got to be one of the shortest commuter flights.  Wonder what the ticket price is on that flight? 

Using Yandex (Russian) search engine I found a 1997 hit for the airshow I saw at Bedford (Hanscom Field )

http://www.statemaster.com/encyclopedia/Hanscom-Air-Force-Base

"On April 1, 1997, two Air Force research organizations at Hanscom—the Geophysics Directorate of Phillips Laboratory and the Electromagnetics Directorate of Rome Laboratory—were merged into the new Air Force Research Laboratory. Between June 20-22, the Hanscom Air Show took place. The F-117 Stealth Fighter made its first landing at Hanscom Field during the practice run for the Air Show on June 20. The show drew in crowds estimated at 760,000. Events included flybys of vintage warbirds and the F-117 Stealth Fighter, as well as parachutists and aircraft acrobatics. The USAF ThunderbirdAerobatic Show concluded each day's performance. Also in June, the reconstructed family housing at Scott Circle won the 1997 USAF Design Award and the Hanscom Enlisted Club reopened after major renovations. The new ESC had a "stand-up" on August 1. Between September 15-19, Hanscom AFB put on a week of events as the final festivities for the Air Force’s 50th Anniversary."

5 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

About 2014 a private jet with flaps set inappropriately crashed and burned on takeoff from Hanscom Field (fuel laden).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/04/08/ntsb-reports-reveal-hanscom-crash-tragic-last-moments-before-seven-people-perished/zGGFJ2cEHJpd7nqlFrXoEM/amp.html

The neighborhood around Hanscom is really nice (Lincoln, MA)

I was about to look up that Lewis Katz crash to see if it was the airport you were at. Yup, and you saved me the search. 

He was in a heated legal battle with his co-owners of the Philly Inquirer, and he was a mega-donor of Penn State. I always wondered if that crash was suspicious or not.

Witness: I Saw Sandusky And Penn State Booster Abuse Boys On Private Plane

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/08/sandusky-penn-state-investigation-booster-abused-boys-private-plane/

Just replaced the motor in my V8/ Glide 3 and taking it out for some sight seeing off road in L.A.image.thumb.jpeg.0697f5ab29b66d7cfa113761ae32b61b.jpeg

check out the moon which is faint but in the bottom left panel

Would like to thank SoloWheel @Jeffrey Scott Will, Inmotion, and mostly eWheels and @Jason McNeil for negociating this warranty fix between the two companies. Great to be back on the wheel! :dribble:

Edited by Stan Onymous
Gratitude addition
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

@Stan Onymous Wow, that was quick!! Glad to see it in action. :cheers:

I was done two hours after receiving it. Thank you so much! Could have joined you in SD but was teaching a newbie how to ride a vintage glide2/V5f. He got it within the hour, and liked it better than the IPS T350+ I started him on. He is borrowing it and will probably get the Glide 3 or wait for the V10 or whatever its called later this spring.

oh btw I will need more bumper stickers having cut the other one for a hood ornament. People dig it too.

Edited by Stan Onymous
Bumper sticker request

2 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

I was done two hours after receiving it. Thank you so much! Could have joined you in SD but was teaching a newbie how to ride a vintage glide2/V5f. He got it within the hour, and liked it better than the IPS T350+ I started him on. He is borrowing it and will probably get the Glide 3 or wait for the V10 or whatever its called later this spring.

oh btw I will need more bumper stickers having cut the other one for a hood ornament. People dig it too.

I noticed, and I dig it! If you'll be at the meetup Saturday, I'll bring some more.

• Like 1