The Photo Thread

SlowMo

17 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Interesting building, never heard of sub spotting towers before.

I was actively diving around 1990-1991. An annual conference for Divers called 'The Boston Sea Rovers' was the place to go in the spring before warmer weather diving season starts. The show has lectures and workshops for Divers. A new sunken sub found off New Jersey was the subject of one lecture, an apparent victim of its own launched torpedo which looped back and sank the sub.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_submarine_U-869

7 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

A new sunken sub found off New Jersey was the subject of one lecture, an apparent victim of its own launched torpedo which looped back and sank the sub.

Never heard of circle runner torpedos until now, miss their target on a curving course, pick up the acoustics of the subs propellers, and ........

7 hours ago, steve454 said:

Interesting building, never heard of sub spotting towers before.

It gets complicated when blimps, spotting ships, gunnery, etc are put into perspective.(aka fire control towers).

http://www.northamericanforts.com/East/New_Hampshire/Towers/towers.html

26 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

It gets complicated when blimps, spotting ships, gunnery, etc are put into perspective.(aka fire control towers).

http://www.northamericanforts.com/East/New_Hampshire/Towers/towers.html

There was a funny picture of a blimp that forced a U-boat to surface, and be boarded by US Navy.  How could a blimp do that?

57 minutes ago, steve454 said:

How could a blimp do that?

The power of coastal authorities should never be underestimated.

Once during hard times following a loss of employment and accumulated debt I received a letter and from a local social worker that read "a 'citizen' (aka lady a block away) has informed me that my services might be of use to you". Please contact me for an appointment'.

Friend vs foreign is rapidly conveyed in many ways.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, novazeus said:

46573021-4240-4964-8B80-CC0E8C427371.jpeg

This is so funny. That warning sign is forcing any bicyclists out of the bike lane and into the traffic :lol:  I assume that's why you posted the picture.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

This is so funny. That warning sign is forcing any bicyclists out of the bike lane and into the traffic :lol:  I assume that's why you posted the picture.

And the other irony is, on this stretch of road, the cyclists have all the space they could ever need.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, novazeus said:

yeah saw it on fb and i thought this forum would like it.

Most people incorrectly use the word "irony". Irony means the opposite result of what was intended.

The intent is to make bicyclists safer. The result is to make them less safe. What makes it ironic is that the bicyclists are made less safe by the direct action of the safe sign!

On 3-12-2017 at 11:41 PM, mezzanine said:

Nice work on the KS18 mods.  I'm going to paint my KS18 soon and will post pics once I do.  Going to use plasti dip. 

Thanks, i be curious how the end result will be. Paint it will be nice i think, but you need guts to do that ;)

8 hours ago, Bambino said:

Very nice... uau!!! 

Thank you bambino, trolley works good :P

7 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

That is the same german trolley handle.  nice!  do you have an extra hole on the bottom?

Trolley  i've bought indeed by the  " neighbours ", kingsong69 have it written is his review about his ks18s :thumbup:

Yes, i drill some holes on top, did it a bit like raptor did it on his ks18. Not THAT decently as he did, but it works fine.

Think the wheel looks better with the trolley handle on it, and have more a back and front now. Which i like more. :)

Edited by gotmotion2016