The Photo Thread

SlowMo

2 hours ago, Scatcat said:

Let's see... I have a 16 year old studying gaming graphics design in a private high school, a 14 year old in a music class in junior high. The chances of getting them to move from what they love is zip, zil, nada. I also have a four year old with autistic spectrum diagnosis. He is in a nursery school that is absolutely wonderful for his development. Won't take that away from him any day soon. ❤️

My sweetheart would probably love to move somewhere warmer. But as she's doing social work, her experience and degrees might be hard to translate to another country and culture.

So I do dream almost daily of a climate like cook islands or somesuch, but I'm afraid I'm rather stuck ATM... Looking out into the sheets of icy rain, fog, wetness, darkness makes this part of the year the hardest to stomach... :crying:

I'm probably the easiest one to move, as senior front-end developers with full stack experience have no problem finding decent work just about anywhere on the planet earth right now.

i was in missouri and illinois like 12-26-1999 doing site acquisition work for wireless. when i got up there, it was like 60f. the natives up there knowing i was from fl were so proud of their weather, for a couple of days. u should seen how big the gps differential was for the millennial, like 150’.  i was staying in st louis and being from the south what struck me was, it was like living in black and white tv. everything gray and dark. besides the cold. it definitely takes a special personality to deal with that. hard to be grumpy down here right now when u walk outside and it’s sunny and just the right temperature.

after u rear the kids u have something to look forward to.

• Like 1

On ‎16‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 3:02 PM, Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" said:

He has a wife.I can attest to that first hand.Unfortunately,because he is indeed married,his little "Backe Balls" are probably permanently mounted on the mantle!:D

Really? I heard that they were in a jar on her bedside table...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, novazeus said:

i was in missouri and illinois like 12-26-1999 doing site acquisition work for wireless. when i got up there, it was like 60f. the natives up there knowing i was from fl were so proud of their weather, for a couple of days. u should seen how big the gps differential was for the millennial, like 150’.  i was staying in st louis and being from the south what struck me was, it was like living in black and white tv. everything gray and dark. besides the cold. it definitely takes a special personality to deal with that. hard to be grumpy down here right now when u walk outside and it’s sunny and just the right temperature.

after u rear the kids u have something to look forward to.

I just have to remind myself when I look at new shiny EUCs, that the money saved means I'm that much closer to a place in the sun...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Steven D Wheeler said:

Me before a ride I took this past Sat.

It was 35F that day so I had some cold weather gear on.

img_4079.jpg

Right now it's 24°F here, and the roads are mixed ice and sand. Let me put it this way: there will be no speed records achieved this week...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Scatcat said:

Right now it's 24°F here, and the roads are mixed ice and sand. Let me put it this way: there will be no speed records achieved this week...

I have Wednesday off from work. Going to do some Tesla riding. Considering that it's late November it's even warm for us in Southern California. 94 degrees (34 degrees Celsius) is the forecast.

Should be great riding weather :clap3:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I have Wednesday off from work. Going to do some Tesla riding. Considering that it's late November it's even warm for us in Southern California. 94 degrees (34 degrees Celsius) is the forecast.

Can't you send 14 of those 34 degrees here please? And some sun too if you please?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Isn't it very chilly where you live?

9 hours ago, Steven D Wheeler said:

img_4079.jpg

You have a Dodge Viper?  :dribble:  Niiiiiice!  Is that round disk for a retractable tether, or do you have a hockey puck glued to your pants?  ;)  BTW that's like summer gear around these parts.

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

You have a Dodge Viper?  :dribble:  Niiiiiice!  Is that round disk for a retractable tether or do you have a hockey puck glued to your pants?  ;)

What the hell is that codpiece?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

I think that's a JBL clip blutooth speaker. 

Yes, exactly what it is.

JBL clips have Great Bass and are pretty cheap, got mine on sale for $49USD.

I play the Pandora Mastodon channel when I ride.

Yes, that is my 98 Viper GTS otherwise known as my $ pit.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

I think that's a JBL clip blutooth speaker. 

of course, because whose 'nads DON'T like to be serenaded? 

ESL? 'nads; contraction of gonads, slang for testicles.

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Smoother said:

of course, because whose 'nads DON'T like to be serenaded? 

ESL? 'nads; contraction of gonads, slang for testicles.

26 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

I knew because my wife wears the same codpiece :D

Kinda regretting pointing that out now...  :lol:

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Upvote 1