The Photo Thread

SlowMo

eslEuSlm_AQMStBf9W8BDKHVkLVOmAjerqnlL6Hc

Taken on my way to work this morning. There are wildfires on the other side of the mountains sending smoke into the air. The air is currently filled with smoke and this is the sun piercing through the dark clouds of ash. 

39 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

This EUC gig is gruelling... Today I had to test ride a KS-16S, and the conditions were atrocious!

Being a crash test dummy can be cool!

The only thing missing is your charming profile. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

This EUC gig is gruelling... Today I had to test ride a KS-16S, and the conditions were atrocious!

hey, my digs might be primitive, but i do have a $6500 dollar bed and a 80” tv at the foot of it. and thanks to fios and netflix i was watching the south pacific documentary, omg what scenery u have down there. 

i’ve not done much traveling in my life but at 64 and it’s looking like being stoned is the way i need to be, my 80” is about as good as it’s gonna get. 

it truly is an amazing planet we live on.

1 hour ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Nice shot overlooking the Wellington waterfront from Oriental Parade. Was the photo taken earlier in the year during warmer weather? Not many people wear shorts at 12+- deg C this time of year.

This would be a fantastic ride from Petone to Evans Bay - all you need are more customers!

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

The only thing missing is your charming profile. 

Exactly. I've said it before - it's much more interesting to see a wheel and its rider versus what looks like a dead wheel on the side of the road :whistling:

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

what looks like a dead wheel on the side of the road 

This brings up the 'what do I do with my EUC when I'm not riding it' controversy.

EUCs tend not to be glamorously 'parkable' without an enviornmental brace to hold it's position.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, litewave said:

Was the photo taken earlier in the year during warmer weather? Not many people wear shorts at 12+- deg C this time of year.

TFU's caption states: "Today" and the sun was definitely shining today in my part of NZ too, added to the fact that this would have been a test ride of only very recently imported King Song stock for @The Fat Unicyclist's Brand New EUC business, it therefore could not have been taken earlier in the year! We enjoy a very temperate climate here in NZ, even over these winter months it is still mostly warm enough to venture out on the wheel if the sun is out.

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, fbhb said:

TFU's caption states: "Today" and the sun was definitely shining today in my part of NZ too, added to the fact that this would have been a test ride of only very recently imported King Song stock for @The Fat Unicyclist's Brand New EUC business, it therefore could not have been taken earlier in the year! We enjoy a very temperate climate here in NZ, even over these winter months it is still mostly warm enough to venture out on the wheel if the sun is out.

The high has been 11-13 over the past few days. The windchill around the harbour  drops below 10 or more. Not many shorts are out at that temp, yet there are a few people wearing shorts down the parade in the photo, hence the question.

8 minutes ago, litewave said:

The high has been 11-13 over the past few days. The windchill around the harbour  drops below 10 or more. Not many shorts are out at that temp, yet there are a few people wearing shorts down the parade in the photo, hence the question.

"The Fat Unicyclist

4 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I like the stealthiness of the Tesla.  You can roll up behind people and creep them for quite some time before they realize you're there.

I was doing that today... I had to "test ride" a new KS-16S, so thought it would be good to do around the Wellington waterfront, at lunchtime.

So there are all these pained looking runners out there, and I can just slide up until I am just in their line of sight... So many of them see me and then try to increase their speed. All the while I can just stand there "aimlessly". And just when they reach that point of, "What the f..." I just lean forward a little and leave them somewhere way behind me.

I do feel a little bad for doing this, but only a little."   

So maybe it was the runners, @The Fat Unicyclist mentions, that you could see in the photo wearing shorts.

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Yeah, we have our moments... And you're more than welcome to come and see it for yourself!
Loaner EUC shouldn't be too hard to organise - and I here rumours that we have "medication" available in New Zealand too?   :blink1:

Bob and i would love to come visit.

maybe, someday. 

• Like 1