Pre-order means I pay pre-production before for a product that doesn't exist yet. Not, that I will get an inferior device compared to others who paid two months after/later!

I didn't get what was promised spec-wise (it is not HT) + the device is defective out of the box + I am a beta tester risking my life on asphalt.

My T4 FW misbehaved with an updated FW 
- speed tilt-back is weird.
- PWM reminder work only at low speed uphill at 90 ish percent. 
- PWM reminders don't work at speed if I disable speed reminder. (no speed reminder +  50 percent pwm reminder don't work as expected ). Seems like that partially caused my friend's crash(the main cause was speeding) at mine T4 but it is hard to debug anything in that chinese app with 0 support. 

- New T4 has a different FW so hard to say if old v1 gets updated ever. I don't feel like owning a device is worth a month of salary. I am pissed. I have fallen to manufacturers' promises who hide behind resellers with huge warranty promises. 

At this point, I am considering just selling it under the price once I get a new motor if anybody is interested in EU. So far it is still in good condition I should stop pushing my luck right now.

Just to warn others like proper v1  beta tester :
Up to 53 km/h seems safe -> 60 km / h + mean nosedive without warning ! Set your limits and expectation properly.

It is hard now to watch influencers on FB / YB promoting this new 'improved' T4 how much better it is - kind of making me regret my decision!  

• Sad 3
  • Upvote 1

So the new motor is not a direct drop in replacement?  Another win for begode. What a piece of crap. 

The way for AlienRides to make this right would be to send us out shipping labels to have these wheels returned. They can do with them what they want. And send us out proper production wheels. This is what a stand up retailer would do. 

Edited by bracky72

16 minutes ago, bracky72 said:

So the new motor is not a direct drop in replacement?  Another win for begode. What a piece of crap. 

Don't know about the motor. But, taking apart the wheel, I think it should be quite simple and straightforward, not anymore complicated that a normal motor replacement anyway. But maybe wait to see motor replacement videos when they start to arrive. I'm sure our Russian friends will be the first ones out the gate. 

Only question is, I'm not sure of the QS motor will work with the 12 MOSFET board. Or would a motor replacement necessitate charging the controller board as well. But my dealer said it shouldn't. If someone that knows better might please clarify? 🙏

As for the spacers to install the tyre, the thread cause it to be quite a bit thicker than the street tyre. And therefore the spacers give it the appropriate clearance. I believe this has been an issue for many wheels even before this that shipped with street tyres.

Maybe it's a good bit of engineering that Begode has designed a wheel that can be modified for a street or knobby tyre with just a drop in solution, which was honestly quite easily done, rather than needing significant permanent modifications to be body or structure? 

7 hours ago, techyiam said:

That explains a lot in how you view euc's! Nothing wrong. They are great for this use case.

What you need is one made by Toyota, making it as dependable as a hammer.

I at start was looking at Ninebot Max G30 scooter. My regular riding speeds was 20-25km/h and it did 30km/h - plenty. 

But funny thing - some time later my dad bought himself ks16s. Ofc i needed to try it out also. 4 days later i "learned" to ride it. And that's how i bought myself 18xl. 

Scooter was 750$. EUC was 1850$+300$ gear. Price difference was very big. But after renting those rental scooters and riding them around. I found out that those 10" wheels felt all road "buzz" and every small hole in ground. Also stepping off the scooter i found that my hands/feet hurt, felt funny little bit - because of all the road "buzz".

So naturally it was smart move to get EUC. Also it's 5x more fun to ride than scooter. And takes up less space. Way easier to carry/transport around.

Yes - i view euc more or less like a transportation device, less like a hobby. That's why built quality is important to me. And would love to have really waterproof wheel. Because 1/3 times our family is riding in heavy rain.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, daniel1234 said:

Just to warn others like proper v1  beta tester :
Up to 53 km/h seems safe -> 60 km / h + mean nosedive without warning ! Set your limits and expectation properly.

On 8/8/2022 at 4:41 PM, techyiam said:

Begode T4 has a free spin speed of 78 km/h.

With a max free spin speed of 78 km/h with full batteries. Once empty (~76V) max free spin speed is down to 59 km/h!

So nosediving with 60km/h + is to be expected.

Or is this 78 km/h some old and not anymore true information?

29 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Or is this 78 km/h some old and not anymore true information?

At eWheels, they include the T4 spec sheet on their website. And 78 km/h is listed for the free spin speed.

Also, at EEVEES, they list T4 as having a top speed of 60 km/h. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

On 10/31/2022 at 12:11 PM, supercurio said:

A perspective for context:

• I have this tire on my 16X

Correction, the new T4 will come with a different tire than what's sold as MMG knobby tire which has been an option to be fitted by Alien Rides when buying the first T4 units. So what I wrote previously regarding the tire do not apply.

11 hours ago, adrianqbs said:

The tyre is super smooth and comfortable and surprisingly nimble. It doesn't have that same 'tip-over' feeling that the CST tyre on the Master has. The tyre itself was really hard and a PITA to get on the rim, but we managed.

Seems like a much more reasonable compromise instead, likely because it's wider than what could fit in a 16" wheel like 16X or Nikola (V12 has a bit more clearance)

@adrianqbs what's the reference and size of this tire? It doesn't seem to be a CST C803 either. Thanks for the report!

8 minutes ago, supercurio said:

@adrianqbs what's the reference and size of this tire? It doesn't seem to be a CST C803 either. Thanks for the report!

Most welcome. 

There's no brand on the tyre though. So no idea what make it is. I believe I've seen it in taobao when I was looking for a tyre before. I'll see if I can find it. 

The wheel is at the dealers now, didn't take it home with me. I'll grab closer pictures of all the markings on it tomorrow night and upload. 

• Thanks 1

I am so bummed about the states of these products on the market...how the hell i want to get into this hobby when all the products that are coming out are such a lemons?
the T4 is like the perfect product for my needs...suspensions for the bad streets in my city,probably good torque for some hills,adequate battery(i moved from 260lbs to 230 and still doing my goal for 200. iam 6ft).first i want the v12ht but mosfet issues.now t4 with great suspension also lemon with probems.what now for christ sake i probably will settle for tesla t3 as my first wheel...i should probably go like funky with ks 18xl and call it a day...but tesla t3 fits in my locker in my work...but so is the t4 goddammit....should i wait for the t4 until is fixed?buy v12ht or just go for tesla t3?these are the wheels that fits my niche..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FarkyJ said:

how the hell i want to get into this hobby when all the products that are coming out are such a lemons?

That is the burning question right now. I hate to suggest this just now that you’re planning on getting yourself a wheel, but it could be worth waiting for next year’s models. Both KS and Inmotion are rumored to be launching smaller suspension wheels next year, which should directly compete with the T4.

Although, there is the V11. Would it fit the bill ? I’ve read about a few DOA boards on it lately, but buying from a reputable seller would be a reasonable route in case you happened to be one of the rare ones to get a lemon. Other than that it’s a reasonably solid choice.

Or, buy a second hand beater to learn on until the next year’s models are out?

20 hours ago, Chriull said:

So nosediving with 60km/h + is to be expected.

From what I read Nikola is capable of holding 60 km/h - so no it was not expected but it is reality !
PWM reminder do not work at T4 v1 FW !

23 hours ago, adrianqbs said:

Only question is, I'm not sure of the QS motor will work with the 12 MOSFET board. Or would a motor replacement necessitate charging the controller board as well. But my dealer said it shouldn't. If someone that knows better might please clarify? 🙏

Yes, it will with 2/3 of the performance of 18 FET boards. Possible with random nosedives ... since firmware don't know what motor is connected.

I am strongly considering waiting a few weeks before installing QS one on old board. I don't wanna be first beta tester again :D . 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

Both KS and Inmotion are rumored to be launching smaller suspension wheels next year, which should directly compete with the T4.

Here is the irony. By the time those rumored wheels are first released, they will be first batch wheels, and the T4 will probably have fewer issues by then. So, after all that wait, one has to decide whether to wait longer or not. It gets worse, those rumored wheels may not even appear. 

It's not logical to rely on hope.

@FarkyJ dilemma exists because he allowed himself to include newly released wheels on his short list. Just don't and he would be fine.

If I would take my own medicine, I would simply buy the Sherman Max, and live happily after. But nooo, hope, greed and curiosity take hold, and as a result, I have a dilemma myself. The euc industry is what it is. But a hard core logical person should not have this dilemma. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, supercurio said:

Here's all the markings that are on the tyre. 

It's 16x3, to be fitted on a 12x2.15 rim.

No brand or manufacturer. The model might be J302-02, but nothing turns up on Google. Can't find it on Taobao either. 

IMG-20221102-WA0019.jpg

IMG-20221102-WA0018.jpg

IMG-20221102-WA0017.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, adrianqbs said:

Here's all the markings that are on the tyre. 

It's 16x3, to be fitted on a 12x2.15 rim.

No brand or manufacturer. The model might be J302-02, but nothing turns up on Google. Can't find it on Taobao either. 

Awesome, the J302-02 denomination is similar to how Julier names its patterns / tires, so that might be the manufacturer :)

5 hours ago, daniel1234 said:

From what I read Nikola is capable of holding 60 km/h - so no it was not expected but it is reality !

The nikola+ 100V has a free spin speed at full battery of 88km/h - that's 10 km/h more!

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/23600-i-need-your-help-what-is-your-wheel-free-spin-speed/?do=findComment&comment=436197

At the ewheels website is even stated that a max speed of 40mph is _only with full batteries_! Otherwise speed should be restricted.

Unfortionatly it's reality that more bs is written then serious stuff...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, adrianqbs said:

No brand or manufacturer. The model might be J302-02,

Hello Adrian - Is that tyre worth waiting for?

I ordered one as well from begode - but there is nice winter Duro branded tyre I can get locally and ride this weekend :D

7 hours ago, daniel1234 said:

Hello Adrian - Is that tyre worth waiting for?

I ordered one as well from begode - but there is nice winter Duro branded tyre I can get locally and ride this weekend :D

Hmmm. 

How long is your wait? Lol. I got mine flown from China. Took about a week. 

The tyre is honestly pretty good, favourite offroad tyre this far. I've only ever tried out the CST on that came on the Master and the Kenda tyre on the Sherman and my previous RS HT. So those are my references.

But have not had a proper offroad session with it yet. That will be on this coming Sunday. Got a long line of offroaders waiting to try it out. 😂

Edited by adrianqbs

On 11/2/2022 at 11:54 AM, mrelwood said:

That is the burning question right now. I hate to suggest this just now that you’re planning on getting yourself a wheel, but it could be worth waiting for next year’s models. Both KS and Inmotion are rumored to be launching smaller suspension wheels next year, which should directly compete with the T4.

Although, there is the V11. Would it fit the bill ? I’ve read about a few DOA boards on it lately, but buying from a reputable seller would be a reasonable route in case you happened to be one of the rare ones to get a lemon. Other than that it’s a reasonably solid choice.

Or, buy a second hand beater to learn on until the next year’s models are out?

the v11 probably will go back on the shortlist...i also reported not a lot of problems with it.it got a lot of things that i like...dual charge ports,good suspension,relative good torque...but not very keen on the speed under my 230lbs with gear .probably i would go max 40kmh and i would hear the beeps.also there is a pretty cheap v10f for sale on my country craiglist. 700euros .but i dont know....iam pretty fixed on the T4 now...will wait winter is coming anyways...will decide in march/april...but i will lurking here for the new T4 stuff,problems,tips and tricks.

8 hours ago, FarkyJ said:

but not very keen on the speed under my 230lbs with gear .probably i would go max 40kmh and i would hear the beeps.

You can’t directly compare EUC speeds as a safety measure. The V11 has a free spin speed of 78km/h, which I think was about the same on the T4. Inmotion (and KingSong) limit the maximum riding speed which Begode does not, but limiting doesn’t reduce the available safety headroom. 

I’m 107kg and I have always ridden my V11 at 46-47km/h max speeds, just like I did on my MSX (also 78km/h free-spin, but V11 is more stable and feels more powerful at speed).

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 1

Guys, come on, this is the Begode T4 topic. There is a separate section for Inmotion V11. Moderators !!!!  

<Mod edit: V11 range and speed stuff now split to: https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/16554-inmotion-v11-2020/page/150/#comment-443850 >

Edited by RagingGrandpa
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Pengloong said:

Guys, come on, this is the Begode T4 topic. There is a separate section for Inmotion V11. Moderators !!!!  

Yeah, where are they when you need them the most! :lol:

Most of stuff discussed above applies to T4 just as much as it does to the V11. I think this is within a reasonable amount of deviation in a discussion. If you feel otherwise, please report any of these posts and type in your view, and other moderators will take a look.

Hey all,

I'd really like your input on with fairing system is best to get for the T4. If any of you have seen them first hand or even own them, it would be great to have your opinion. 

Currently, 3 makes that I'm able to find. Grizzla is probably gonna release their soon though. 

1. https://www.eucclubhouse.com/checkouts/c/af9eb9c72787fee613c1a45bd62b75a6/information

- full frontal protection for the battery packs. 

- flatter profile bumper, less likely to get damaged while offroading?

- specifically advertised to be lighter weight at 1.3kg vs 2kg for 'other' systems. Guess they're referring to the clarkpads one? 

- has actual product pictures on the website

2. https://clarkpads.com/products/t4-bumper-fairing

- from a more publicised and well marketed brand

- front bumper portrudes alot. Might break off easily in a crash, especially when rolling and bouncing

- only has a rendering of the system on the website. No pictures or reviews that I can find. 🤷

3. EUCBBQ by Matthew Anthony

- used by Zen Lee and Chance Hinz (I think)

- full protection for the battery from all sides

- front bumper doesn't go all the way up to the headlight. Might the headlight be a bit more vulnerable? 

- pricier

• Like 1