24 minutes ago, pHghost said:

Does it matter much if the material you put in is magnetic?

It depends on who you ask. Kingsong has stated that the four steel pins that they put in did not compromise performance. And consensus has it that the pinned motors have resolved the stator slippage problem. 

Regarding stainless steel, some types are not magnetic.

That is not to say aluminium pins won't work. But no one is complaining about the steel pins.

Haven't followed thread.

Hope this video might be helpful.

Begode T4, stator slip, burned mother board

508 subscribers

Nov 20, 2022

V1 ZX motor

Lucky it didn’t drop me

No wheel is safe, I was confident in this wheel after the previous video

But at walking pace after no riding for nearly 2 weeks Dead!

Could have been a disaster if I was sending it down stairs

6 hours ago, RolluS said:

A tire change might be quicker if you manage to put the valve in its hole without disconnecting cable wires.

Wait, is it possible to do a tire change on the T4 without disconnecting wires?

Edited by pHghost

57 minutes ago, pHghost said:

I guess he should have pinned it! :lol:

That’s my video

and why should I pin the motor?

The wheel should be supplied ex factory in a useable state

QS motor is on the way

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, pHghost said:

Wait, is it possible to do a tire change on the T4 without disconnecting wires?

You only need to remove the axle screws, front right side battery and it should drop right out without disconnecting motor wires.  Getting that spacer aligned after the tire change is annoying though.

8 hours ago, Trevor Phillips said:

That’s my video

and why should I pin the motor?

The wheel should be supplied ex factory in a useable state

QS motor is on the way

Cool, I enjoy your videos, thanks for them!

My comment was just an offhand remark in the context of the discussion here, not a criticism of you! :efef8189d7:

I agree that the wheel should be supplied from the factory in a useable state. Absolutely. That said, knowing the risk and the issues are there already, I'll definitely be pinning mine straight away. Even if not all first batch T4s have failed. Even though I can't make the same amazing moves you do and won't be riding it as hard. I know there are stress tests you can try to see if it fails on you, but I'm not sure I trust them. Just on the off chance that it would slip very slowly even with lighter use, and could take years to get to the point of slipping enough to fail.

I'm glad yours failed at such low speed and you could just step off it!

2 hours ago, pHghost said:

Cool, I enjoy your videos, thanks for them!

Id rather not have to go through the hassle of replacing the motor and board

i was considering pinning the motor, but I’m super busy and also lazy

I also was riding under a false sense of security after my initial YouTube video where it handled stairs and drops very well

and in addition to what’s in that video I did more than double the amount of drops and stairs that I filmed

im very lucky it went down like the video and thankful it did, I can’t afford another bad crash

id strongly suggest if anyone has a V1 T4 that you stop riding it and pin it or get the new motor, I don’t think it’s a matter of if but a matter of when

i dodged a bullet on the V12 and S22 and the T4 was looking bulletproof too

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Trevor Phillips said:

I’m super busy and also lazy

LOL, me as well. But after all the videos and posts about the issue, I'm going to pin it straight out of the box, no doubt in my mind.

it handled stairs and drops very well

Yeah, I saw that and you certainly have balls of steel, putting it through that!

stop riding it and pin it or get the new motor, I don’t think it’s a matter of if but a matter of when

Agreed. I don't think I want to risk it. Worst case a higher-speed cutout and health in jeopardy, best case a low-speed failure and having to wait days or weeks for a replacement motor and maybe board. It's not ideal having to mess with the motor, but I'll probably be customising the wheel anyway, with fairings, pads, pedals, etc. so might as well tackle all angles and make it as solid as can be.

Edited by pHghost

few more fun facts about batch 2 T4:

reported speed is within 1 MPH at 30 mph (hovers between 29-30 mph GPS) so at worst -3%.  With that said, with close to full battery, wheel beeps around 36.5 mph and its very cold here in NYC right now.  I find it very hard to believe this wheel will cut out at 38 mph.

comes with a 5A charger in the box.  I feel like this would be a bit too hot for daily charging so I will use my existing 3A instead and save the 5A for longer rides,

Edited by Ben Kim
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

I find it very hard to believe this wheel will cut out at 38 mph.

There are scratches on asphalt from mine T4 claiming otherwise, so I am believer :D  But I could have weak model.

I recommend to calibrate PWM reading.

3 hours ago, Freestyler said:

I recommend an accurate PWM reading.

Euc-dash can be used to see the true PWM, but I realize that the ui is kinda trash, so I'm working on pushing App developers to incorporate reading the true PWM reported by my custom firmware.

I am surprised that begode didn't contacted you and added your work it to theirs official FW fork ... especially when random nosedives becoming core feature at v1 wheels.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, daniel1234 said:

Hi all,

I got my package finally - Looking at new design of T4 v2 mainboard - looks a little more grown up. Definitely easily recognizable !
I like new cap placment design with shorter legs and seems like there is extra row of mosfets. 

Shame, it is freezing outside :(

t4.jpg

Nicely made. I'm affraid I'll have to faceplant to have this one.
There is more connector than on V1 if I'm not mistaken? (On V1: buzzer, headlight, taillights, display, halls) do you know what there are about? Maybe USB outputs? RGB Leds?

Hey guys! 

I have some questions about the T4 and as there are some owners in this group I think this is the right place to ask. 😀

• What range do you get out of it? I mean like mixed riding without draining the battery down lower than 30%.
  • Is it possible to ride in rain? (without mods or with mods?) 
  • How good is it on long inclines? Overheating? 

I recently saw a video on tiktok (can't remember begode. Wendy or begode. Levi) where they ride on a t4 with a big IP65 text layed on the vid. This is just the motor, right? 

Thank you in advance for your help 😊

2 hours ago, alexbrunoeuc said:

What range do you get out of it? I mean like mixed riding without draining the battery down lower than 30%.

That's gonna depend quite a bit on how heavy you are and what your tyre PSI is doing. This guy's test was 220 lb / high PSI (slightly frustratingly doesn't actually mention what PSI !)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

That's gonna depend quite a bit on how heavy you are and what your tyre PSI is doing. This guy's test was 220 lb / high PSI (slightly frustratingly doesn't actually mention what PSI !)

Also, just for clarification. Based on the date and that he's referencing a street tyre, this is a range test on the BEGODE T4 V1. Also, changing to a knobby tyre on the V1 might affect the mileage as well.

V2 might or might not be similar. Don't really know yet.

Also noting intersting to see that although he has taken precaution to ensure the battery is fully charged and balanced, his voltage is still ecorded at 99.9v in EUC World.

3 hours ago, alexbrunoeuc said:

Hey guys! 

I have some questions about the T4 and as there are some owners in this group I think this is the right place to ask. 😀

• What range do you get out of it? I mean like mixed riding without draining the battery down lower than 30%.

I'm rather hesitant to try. My friend went through a small stream on his V2 and one of his bearings now rusted and making some sounds. Fortunately, a cheap fix. And as a preventative measure, we'll be putting oil seals on our bearing so some added ingress protection as recommended by @RolluS

https://www.veryseal.com/product/60x88x8-viton-oil-seal-fkm-metric-tc-oil-seal

I have also put liquid electrical tape around the all the wires that come out of the main motherboard comparment and some extra silicone around the top cover. Will also be doing liquid gasket around the motor covers at the same time once the oil seals arrive.

Thus far, seems good. On a sustained 30+ degree incline, my V1 with my being 70kg goes up for 65-ish celsius but drops amazingly fast once stopped. The V2 seems to run even cooler with my friend being 80-ish kg.

Don't have a video of us on our local 'overheat hill' but here are some videos of the fellers messing around on the V2.

Edited by adrianqbs
Additional information
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, adrianqbs said:

Also noting intersting to see that although he has taken precaution to ensure the battery is fully charged and balanced, his voltage is still ecorded at 99.9v in EUC World.

I don't think that's anything to worry about. My Master cuts off charging at 134.4v but even the act of turning it on after that is enough to knock a tiny percentage off that voltage, so mine registers 134.3 in EUCW usually after full charge. As I never go anything like the full range of the Master in any one journey I consider this of no practical consequence.

1 hour ago, adrianqbs said:

Is it possible to ride in rain?

Get one of those 15L waterproof backpack covers, and put that over the entire top of the machine to avoid any water ingress from the top without ANY mods.

And silicone up your motor hubs and maybe add some marine grease sparingly around the bearing outers (no need to open covers unless you already have noises) to prevent water ingress there. If you do those things then I would say yes, you can ride that in the rain. I have done those things on its bigger brother and ridden in torrential rain without negative consequence...

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

I don't think that's anything to worry about. My Master cuts off charging at 134.4v but even the act of turning it on after that is enough to knock a tiny percentage off that voltage, so mine registers 134.3 in EUCW usually after full charge. As I never go anything like the full range of the Master in any one journey I consider this of no practical consequence.

That's true. But I am slightly worried in my personal case as I'm getting only 98.5-99.0v when it stops charging. That's odd because it used to be able to go to a full 100.8v when brand new.

Running some troubleshooting now to see what happens. Have only the 2 forward packs plugged in now and going to run those down and charge them up and see if the balance.

The back 2 seem to be charging fully and balanced based on multimeter tests.

As you said, it's probably of no practical consequence, but it would be nice to know. Sort of eating at me now.

Edited by adrianqbs
spell check