New Sherman? (Sherman Max)

InfiniteWheelie

58 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Mind you I have no experience with tethering to a 85-ish lbs wheel, I am pondering whether this is a good idea.

40kg falling over on it's side on a hill wont roll and pull down a person who weigh more than twice as much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

Mind you I have no experience with tethering to a 85-ish lbs wheel, I am pondering whether this is a good idea.

Why would you tether it unless you plan on doing off-roading around large hills? I wouldn't want to tether the weight of the Max. Riding it after a while you get used to the weight, but tethering is another thing in itself. It's gonna feel a lot heavier if it has rolling velocity and it's attached to your body LOL

Edited by ETAonTheEUC

Please no open pandora box with tether /leash topic here in sherman. 

If MAX after curent overlean situation "safely cut" i no want this EUC.

Sometime i owerpower sherman on pothole in relatively slow speed in trafic and pedlas dip front for sec if MAX turn off in this situation i be layng on road in trafic no way for me.

Example today i was on 21% batery and white car make unexpected move and i need fast brake and fast acelerate but pedals dip for sec becasue low voltage VS my weight if abrams or max in same situation turn off self OMG.

280+lbs(140kg)    95km 100 to 2% (78,1V) with my weight and hillclimb (3x short coling pause to 52 celsius and continue)

https://euc.world/tour/610258716426096

Edited by DjPanJan
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

Please no open pandora box with tether /leash topic here in sherman. 

Sometime i owerpower sherman on pothole in relatively slow speed in trafic and pedlas dip front for sec if MAX turn off in this situation i be layng on road in trafic no way for me.

Example today i was on 21% batery and white car make unexpected move and i need fast brake and fast acelerate but pedals dip for sec becasue low voltage VS my weight if abrams or max in same situation turn off self OMG.

280+lbs(140kg)    95km 100 to 2% (78,1V) with my weight and hillclimb (3x short coling pause to 52 celsius and continue)

https://euc.world/tour/610258716426096

21% battery? Do you guys not charge your Shermans after every ride? Personally, I always do. With the Max, even doing long food delivery shifts, I don't think I've ever hit even 50% yet. The miles on this thing is incredible. If I ever looked down and saw 2 bars left on my meter I'd probably think something is wrong with the battery because it'd be a very odd thing to see. I have over 900 miles on the Max to this day.

Edited by ETAonTheEUC
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

Again, it's most likely only at low RPM, alternative is that your motherboard burns up and you will fall anyway.

Max is more powerful than OG so I think you will be fine.

Edited by Rawnei
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

Example today i was on 21% batery …

I don’t know what 21% battery means. Around 40% on my Sherman Max’s screen is full-tilt-back empty. 

my range is good, but the built in meter is garbage… hopefully a firmware update can fix that.

7 hours ago, lazybones99 said:

I don’t know what 21% battery means. Around 40% on my Sherman Max’s screen is full-tilt-back empty. 

my range is good, but the built in meter is garbage… hopefully a firmware update can fix that.

You might have a problem.  Does this video seem the same as your wheel?

14 hours ago, Paradox said:

You might have a problem.  Does this video seem the same as your wheel?

I guess - I can’t really tell what the problem is on his wheel. Is it just that he gets full tilt back when IT LOOKS LIKE he has ~30% battery?

I don’t think it’s actually @ 30% charge, it just thinks it is.

50 miles of range sounds about right to me (riding reasonably fast but not pushing too hard). 

please correct me if I’m missing something 

4 minutes ago, lazybones99 said:

I guess - I can’t really tell what the problem is on his wheel. Is it just that he gets full tilt back when IT LOOKS LIKE he has ~30% battery?

I don’t think it’s actually @ 30% charge, it just thinks it is.

50 miles of range sounds about right to me (riding reasonably fast but not pushing too hard). 

please correct me if I’m missing something 

You have a new wheel.  At the minimum I would contact my reseller and tell them the problem.  This is not the way the wheel should work.  Maybe nothing buy at least you alerted the reseller to the issue.

Edited by Paradox
  • Like 3

On 5/28/2022 at 6:40 PM, RagingGrandpa said:

I'm not super excited [that Max, and Abrams] gives up after just 1 second at the limit.

On 5/30/2022 at 3:34 AM, Rawnei said:

alternative is that your motherboard burns up and you will fall anyway.

Original Sherman can tolerate many seconds of its current limit without damage... clearly "only 1 second" is not the only possible solution to preventing jammed-tire board failures, etc. Is 3 seconds really so much to ask for?? :D 
MSuper's, with very similar controller hardware, can tolerate an amazingly long time at their limit. 

On 5/30/2022 at 3:34 AM, Rawnei said:

it's most likely only at low RPM

That would be good. I hope you're right! But how to confirm it... hmm

Edited by RagingGrandpa
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Zentio said:

Can anyone confirm that pressing the power button when the wheel is on toggles the tail light?

Yes, that behaviour is exactly the same as the OG Sherman.

• Like 2

In this video an all others what show max climb performance everyone in videos use FIRMWARE what not cut off after 0,8 sec if overlean i not belive this MAX performance  anymore.

And propably i thinking about cancel my preorder this week. I no want risk my wrist and hands i need it for my job daily. 

I check my last log and i not go over curent phase 99,90 and curent 44,8 on original sherman v2 this mean this cut out feature be not trigered on this ride if i understand this feature good?

I try today after work hard incline witch i have fear ride on sherman(easy on MSP /16x) becasue motor go to edge and groaning like lion and start hard vibrate i hope i not burn MB today and check log how many Amps eucworld log make.Hold thumbs:cry2: for my Mainboard)

For clarification im not overdramatization this cut feature i am just heavy person who with gear is almost on maximum weight limit what manufacturer allowed .

Many riders with normal weight never experience any complications i taked that.

Edited by DjPanJan

1 hour ago, DjPanJan said:

I try today after work hard incline <> and check log how many Amps eucworld log make.
Hold thumbs:cry2: for my Mainboard

The firmware's motor current limit for Sherman 18650 is about 240 Amps. Max is similar.

It sounds like you want to know the maximum current you personally require.

Try your incline for only 4 seconds at a slow, steady speed. But not longer. Count to 4, then stop and check the log.
No need to torture it for a 20 second duration, to find your answer.

The EUC World "log" is best for this- save the logfile and check it on a PC afterwards, to see the difference between momentary peaks and sustained loads.

1 hour ago, DjPanJan said:

I check my last log and i not go over [100A phase current] on original sherman v2
this mean this cut out feature be not trigered on this ride?

Correct. Your ride only required 100A motor current, far less than the ~240A limit. Good.

And bear in mind: once you're at the 240A limit, self-balancing fails. The pedals dip and collapse. If you're very very lucky, you can move your body fast enough to compensate for this and let the EUC recover... but it's a bad situation even if there is no motor cut.

(Therefore, we should admit that complaining about the 1second protection cut might be irrelevant.)

Edited by RagingGrandpa
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Try your incline for only 4 seconds at a slow, steady speed. But not longer. Count to 4, then stop and check the log.
No need to torture it for a 20 second duration, to find your answer.

I'm sure @DjPanJan is already aware, but for anyone reading: 4s is still kind of a long time, I say that after studying closely the data log from first OG Sherman board starting to overheat and fail.

The duration 4 seconds already brings significant risk in a stress-test scenario.

Late Daniel (Lazyrolling) Sherman took significantly longer than 4s during this climb on the steep section tho https://youtu.be/TdiChG4ilEY?t=688

• Like 2

5 hours ago, supercurio said:

Late Daniel (Lazyrolling) Sherman took significantly longer than 4s during this climb on the steep section tho https://youtu.be/TdiChG4ilEY?t=688

Only from the video we don't know what the power demand was and for how long, he starts with speeds and slows down more and more eventually it became too much for the wheel but what threshold for how long?

• Like 1

@Rawneithat's great to hear.  the sherman max is on my shortlist,  I don't have a long range wheel. Of infant to a ride over 40 miles I have to stay at 25mph or slower on the RST. I'd love to be able to ride 40 or 50 miles and not have to conserve battery.

• Like 2

On 6/4/2022 at 12:23 AM, Flying W said:

@Rawneithat's great to hear.  the sherman max is on my shortlist,  I don't have a long range wheel. Of infant to a ride over 40 miles I have to stay at 25mph or slower on the RST. I'd love to be able to ride 40 or 50 miles and not have to conserve battery.

Infants typically don’t have the stamina to ride > 40 miles. They also don’t weigh enough to manipulate the heavier wheels with that kind of range…

no biggie - let the infant drive her own wheel on the shorter rides and bust out the baby carrier on the longer ones. 👨‍🍼

1 hour ago, lazybones99 said:

Infants typically don’t have the stamina to ride > 40 miles. They also don’t weigh enough to manipulate the heavier wheels with that kind of range…

no biggie - let the infant drive her own wheel on the shorter rides and bust out the baby carrier on the longer ones. 👨‍🍼

Haha, infant was a typo 🤣 

On 6/4/2022 at 2:08 AM, Rawnei said:

First real cruise on the Max tonight, wow it feels amazing, feels zippier and more powerful than the OG, pedals felt more stable also going over bumps and such, it just felt very good to ride. Going down stairs felt nice and up a small steep hill was piece of cake. I have the Luna float seat mounted on it and that thing feels like premium, so comfortable compared to stock seat and it absorbs bumps as well, I thought V11 seated was comfortable but this was even more so. First impression is really nice and feels like a well worth upgrade so far.

i tried the max too recently, i bit heavy but i like it. OG feels so poor in the low end but max is better

• Like 1

How many batches of Max have there been? Any guesstimates as to how many people have them?

I haven’t been keeping up with EUC stuff in many months … have there been any reported issues with the Max yet? I was scarred by being a v12 early adopter which is why I ask.

43 minutes ago, ESB said:

How many batches of Max have there been? Any guesstimates as to how many people have them?

I haven’t been keeping up with EUC stuff in many months … have there been any reported issues with the Max yet? I was scarred by being a v12 early adopter which is why I ask.

I heard people having BMS problems but it does seem to be isolated to eWheels custom LiTech packs afaik.

1 hour ago, ESB said:

have there been any reported issues with the Max yet?

Didn't @FrenchUsa post something about his Max having a battery issue? Maybe check the video topic. I've heard smatterings of gripes, but nothing alarming… the usual "initial quality" type things. Most folks are very pleased, but anytime I drop that kind of coin on a toy I'm automatically pleased, no matter how disappointed I may be.

Edited by Tawpie

7 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

Most folks are very pleased, but anytime I drop that kind of coin on a toy I'm automatically pleased, no matter how disappointed I may be.

Wait a minute. Oxymoron, except for phrases. How is this possible? It sounds more like disappointment is the real emotion, and perhaps, automatically pleased is a thought generated to temper your temperament?

Now, this got me thinking about my own situation with my V12. I can say I am disappointed with Inmotion, but I am becoming more and more pleased with my V12, as I am able to make it better than what I expected it to be. Mind you, I have not experienced the mosfet issue yet, albeit I ride with some anxiety. Also, it was in the shop for well over two months for another issue, shortly after I bought it. To be honest, that wasn't that bad since it occurred in the dead of winter.

Out of curiosity, I don't see a S22 pre-order in your profile now? Having 2nd thoughts?