New Sherman? (Sherman Max)

InfiniteWheelie

On 4/22/2022 at 1:18 AM, Goeuc said:

What about mudguard ? 

I tried to install the exact same (mtb) mudguard Marty was gifted in his red Sherman video and can’t get it to fit. When I tuck the top in under the rear light, the whole thing bows outward because there is not enough room.

Could the geometry of the roll cage be different on the Max? Particularly where the rear light is mounted? Maybe it sits a little lower than the previous Sherman?

Edited by lazybones99
Typo

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the last time I checked miles vs voltage on my Sherman Max (see attachments). Over half the time riding was with headlights on, etc. This is with over 600+ miles in total:

sadfasfasd.JPG

dfdfdfdf.JPG

Edited by bkw

Heretic question  - - - - - - - - - - is sherman max just reskined ABRAMS?

Abrams motor and board because ABRAMS hard fail and leaperkim just use ABRAMS parts to make MAX?

50 minutes ago, DjPanJan said:

Abrams motor and board because ABRAMS hard fail and leaperkim just use ABRAMS parts to make MAX?

No, it's Sherman parts with some upgrades, the only thing that resembles Abrams is the axle.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, DjPanJan said:

Someone else should answer this besides me because I don't know enough about the similarities of the internals. However, I would think they function differently as the Max has not had the cutout issues the Abrams is known for

• Like 1

I wanted to buy a shermax in europe via eucsale.com but couldn't find the shermax on the website like before. So i send him an email and was totally surprised by his answer: 

EUCSALE PROMO <eucsale@gmail.com>
À :***********
sam. 14 mai à 16:52

Hi sorry we dont have sherman in stock. and do not have plans to restock it due poor support from factory and low quality. 

So now i'm a bit worried about buying one since his store seems to have a less then stellar experience with QA of the Shermax by Leaperkim and he prefers to stop selling this model for now. I wanted to buy from him since the price was a bit lower and did not expect that he would drop the shermax from his portfolio of wheels. He was previously a seller of the V2 version of the Sherman. 

Anybody has QA issues with the Shermax ? 

11 minutes ago, lucaluca said:

i'm a bit worried about buying one since his store seems to have a less then stellar experience with QA of the Shermax by Leaperkim and he prefers to stop selling this model for now.

Denis Hagov explained it in his YouTube video. He blamed Leaper Kim mainly for lack of support. 

Time-stamped at 21:00.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lucaluca said:

I wanted to buy a shermax in europe via eucsale.com but couldn't find the shermax on the website like before. So i send him an email and was totally surprised by his answer: 

So now i'm a bit worried about buying one since his store seems to have a less then stellar experience with QA of the Shermax by Leaperkim and he prefers to stop selling this model for now. I wanted to buy from him since the price was a bit lower and did not expect that he would drop the shermax from his portfolio of wheels. He was previously a seller of the V2 version of the Sherman. 

It's not about the Sherman Max, as @techyiam said above, Denis has been pretty vocal about poor aftersales support from LeaperKim since the OG Sherman, I've heard mixed things from different resellers regarding LK aftersales support, @supercurio got a new motherboard pretty quickly from another reseller when it almost fried.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On original V2 sherman 3200wh with over 260lbs i can achieve around 100km / 62 miles real range in beskydy mountain area  ,easily and some % left always 10-20% i no like riding to 0%. My charging habit is always to full and ballance cells with original gotway 3A charger.(5A original charger just scare me when ballance hapening)

What is MAX range in speed around 25-30km/h (under 20miles) how mutch range can achieve? ( i expect big range loss in MAX in speed over 25miles(40+km/h) becasue motor design compare to vanila motor)

I think about buy MAX and sell MSP HT or Buy Begode Master and sell MSP HT.

I need make decision in 2 weeks. 

16x i plan keep like city convinience king and amazing is with my weight 16x still can have 70+km range (slow speed around or under 20km/h 13miles)

On 5/15/2022 at 6:57 PM, lucaluca said:

I don’t have any personal interest in the max, though I’m very happy with my v2 Sherman (though I must qualify this by saying I’ve not had much time to ride it as much as I’d like just as yet), but I was lucky enough to watch Denis’s original YT reviews of the Max a couple of times before the reviews were removed, and his presentation left me in absolutely no doubt whatsoever as to why it was not a contender, from his very detailed analysis of the wheel itself, quite apart from the company’s poor after sales service/support with regard to the wheel, which he mentions to you.

Quite odd really that a company which took the EUC world completely by storm with its first wheel stumbled so badly with its next offering, one would have thought that they would come with a positive progression rather than a less useful, poorly designed and altogether less useable follow-up product, coupled with such poor support - not good for company image or reputation as a serious player, I feel.

1 hour ago, Freeforester said:

Read 2 posts above you, eucsale had no QA issues with Sherman Max because he never sold them, he sold OG Shermans and had bad aftersale support from LK with those and decided not to sell more LK products.

• Like 1

Quite so. He never sold the Abrams either, I think I mixed the Max with the Abrams! In any event, selling a wheel is only part of the dealer’s business, he also has to provide support, and as said, when this is haphazard, lacking or downright poorly supported by any manufacturer, it reflects badly on the services provided by the dealer; in that situation any serious business would have doubts as to the bona fides of the non-performing manufacturer.

Cheers to techyiam , Rawnei and  Freeforester 

Thank you for the detailed answers about why Eucsale.com stopped selling Leaperkim products.
I watched the video and now understand where Denis Hagov is coming from and why he decided to stop selling their products.

I still would love to ride a Shermax but since my sherman V2 seems rocksolid for now and i already have 3500 km without problems. The only thing is i don't dare to go down stairs or do big curbs jumps with the soft rim and i can't go on big uphill trails because i am scared of frying the MB. 
I would love more torque and i don't need the top speed of the V2 but since i got a good model from factory... i am really hesitant to try my luck with such poor after sales support from Leaperkim.    If the master from begode didn't seem so fragile, it would be my next wheel for the suspension and the torque/speed factor. But i don't think this wheel will look good after a crash. 

3 hours ago, Freeforester said:

…. You need to buy a second wheel …:D

To @lucaluca:

I 2nd that since your current Sherman sounds like a keeper.

As for next generation suspension wheel, we just have to be patient, and wait until something we like comes along. For me, it is getting close.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Sherman Max: truly stronger than the original Sherman, nice!
Although I'm not super excited about this new firmware (like Abrams) that gives up after just 1 second at the limit.

AM-JKLVlfXUzPiPzUxpnWgamn0W3ya0GPSdcH-nlNjODAwa5M6ztOIDawf5sDQpdQ6tvN8DdOr5c-Rhb8IBcDoy3PH4iuyLs7WeOAn1baC_P1GZk1_c2plEQHK5cb-58kGjIMSA0HHyMR-CXVzbvuUZi2kFZOQ=w1111-h492-no?authuser=1

So what's the full-battery freespin on Max? 
My example made 58mph at 97V...

Edited by RagingGrandpa
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

So what's the full-battery freespin on Max? 
My example made 58mph at 97V...

The 1 sec cutoff, that might be the new "low-rpm overcurrent protection" I'm guessing, meaning it only happens at low-rpm to protect the board from burning.

I'm getting my Max next week and I'm super curious how it will handle steep hills, will be sure to use a tether in case it cuts-off.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Rawnei said:

I'm getting my Max next week and I'm super curious how it will handle steep hills, will be sure to use a tether in case it cuts-off.

Mind you I have no experience with tethering to a 85-ish lbs wheel, I am pondering whether this is a good idea.