New Sherman? (Sherman Max)

InfiniteWheelie

5 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Been seeing conflicting information regarding the weight, some list it at 36kg other at 39kg, anyone had the chance to weight the Max yet?

Found this video, 38.7 on the scale, yikes a bit heavy. :/

Everything about the Max looks nice except that weight hrmm.

4 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Found this video, 38.7 on the scale, yikes a bit heavy. :/

Everything about the Max looks nice except that weight hrmm.

No offense to Marty, but I saw Marty lift it straight out the box, no problem. So I'm not worried about the weight at all

Edited by bkw
  • Haha 1

Box comes in at 85 pounds

Just got mine. 1 mile on it, suspect for testing nbd.

Tried to put the Full Motion pedals on but there were parts missing :(

Sadly working so I haven't practiced much as I mentioned its my first wheel.

Do have a question about initial low low creaking? Normal? Sounds like the motor balancing at low near 0 speeds so nbd- I've heard it on my XR before

6 minutes ago, Lenneth_WFXZ said:

Box comes in at 85 pounds

Hum how can that be when someone weighted the wheel itself and it shows 38.7kg (85.3 pounds)?

2 hours ago, littlebigmac said:

Oh, I also noticed some pretty extreme pedal dipping when I make sharp 180 degree turns, almost to the point where it feels like I might fall off the front (and I probably would if I wasn’t using side pads).

Any idea if different modes take care of this issue?  This is one of the things I was hoping to avoid by waiting for the max...

1 hour ago, dangasaur said:

Any idea if different modes take care of this issue?  This is one of the things I was hoping to avoid by waiting for the max...

I tried all 3 modes and didn’t notice much of a change in pedal dipping when doing tight turns. 

Edited by littlebigmac

Just want to comment on the "pedal dip". Just got back from a group ride (~15 miles) did all sorts of speeds/turns/etc. and didn't notice any issues w/ the pedal dip (Riding on the medium setting). That's not to say it isn't there, just to me it isn't noticeable, feels similar to my MSX that I'm coming from (just a lot heavier haha). If anything, I'd say it "dips" occasionally when I turn just because I'm not used to the weight and it's just falling over a bit more as I'm trying to throw it around like I would my MSX, so it's just a "getting used to it" thing.

As a V2 Sherman rider, I can say that I do occasionally notice dips on very low speed tight turns or where the wheel is being thrown around a lot (I rode an MTB track for example) but it really doesn't seem to be that often and it's certainly never been a problem. Whether it happens more often than I notice and I just sub consciously adjust for it I have no idea, but either way it's never even been close to being a problem/dangerous/scary. I only ever ride medium mode.

So yeah, whether it's the rider getting used to it or there are indeed different firmwares or the calibration is crucial I don't know (I have never calibrated mine). But to me it's not an inherent problem with the wheel.

After another 30 mile ride, I’ve started to get used to the pedal dip that accompanies tight turns. The pedal angle tilts forward by about 5-10 degrees after a sharp turn, and then slowly returns to “normal” over the course of 5 seconds or so. To clarify, this only happens after tight aggressive turns, not gradual sweeping turns. My 16x also did this, but to a much lesser degree so I just wasn’t prepared for the sensation of the wheel pushing me so far forward at first. However, as others have mentioned, I’ve already mostly just “gotten used to it” and consider it to just be part of how the Sherman rides. Since this is only the second wheel I’ve ever ridden, I don’t have much else to compare it to, but I’m assuming that I’m just working through the inevitable adjustment period that comes with riding any new wheel for the first time.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, littlebigmac said:

After another 30 mile ride, I’ve started to get used to the pedal dip that accompanies tight turns. The pedal angle tilts forward by about 5-10 degrees after a sharp turn, and then slowly returns to “normal” over the course of 5 seconds or so. To clarify, this only happens after tight aggressive turns, not gradual sweeping turns. My 16x also did this, but to a much lesser degree so I just wasn’t prepared for the sensation of the wheel pushing me so far forward at first. However, as others have mentioned, I’ve already mostly just “gotten used to it” and consider it to just be part of how the Sherman rides. Since this is only the second wheel I’ve ever ridden, I don’t have much else to compare it to, but I’m assuming that I’m just working through the inevitable adjustment period that comes with riding any new wheel for the first time.

I also have a 16X. I am curious to feel the difference between the Max and the 16X. It's probably substantial in different ways. I'm supposed to get my Max today but if I do I likely won't ride until tomorrow depending on the rain

Edited by bkw

Can somebody confirm IF MAX TORQUE is better compare to VANILA sherman?

Climbing ability?

Motor not crunch(cry/scream) under low torque load anymore?

And dont forget calibrate every EUC out of box.

Against long turn DIP change pedal andgle to +2PA (number depends on firmware used) 

My V2 sherman in medium mode is VERY OK with diping. (On soft i fall 3x because is too soft) Hard mode not necesary against dip just increase pedal angle slighty.

(im using Nylonove XL pedlas/footplates on sherman)

On 4/4/2022 at 7:05 AM, DjPanJan said:

Can somebody confirm IF MAX TORQUE is better compare to VANILA sherman?

Climbing ability?

Motor not crunch(cry/scream) under low torque load anymore?

And dont forget calibrate every EUC out of box.

Against long turn DIP change pedal andgle to +2PA (number depends on firmware used) 

My V2 sherman in medium mode is VERY OK with diping. (On soft i fall 3x because is too soft) Hard mode not necesary against dip just increase pedal angle slighty.

(im using Nylonove XL pedlas/footplates on sherman)

I did not calibrate the Sherman Max beyond a tilt-back speed, yet. In the future I'll play around with other settings and see how that affects dipping, etc. I rode it on hard mode and you can tell their is a pedal dip. I also did not hear any cry/scream with low torque, but next time I'll listen closer just in case.

One thing I did notice which was kind of weird with the Max is when I was trolling the wheel with the handle up after my initial 21 mile ride, I noticed one "knock" that occurred out of nowhere. I could both feel and hear it. It was right in front of my apartment so I have yet rode the wheel since this happened. Anyone have any insight into what this may be?

Edited by bkw

2 hours ago, bkw said:

I never rode a Sherman before so I can't compare the Max's torque to an older version, but I will say it is comparable to the 16X, which has good torque. I didn't notice anything lacking with the torque and it felt strong; no complaints there. I did go up a few steep hills. I did not notice any bogging down of the wheel, as it felt consistent in strength (I went slow and fast on a couple different occasions).

Thanks for the post, sounds very promising! Have you tried start/stop uphill on your Max? Does it pull you right away? Does it rumble similar to 16X? :-)

36 minutes ago, That Guy said:

Thanks for the post, sounds very promising! Have you tried start/stop uphill on your Max? Does it pull you right away? Does it rumble similar to 16X? :-)

I haven't tried start/stop uphill on the Max yet. I'll try it out next time and let you know :)

• Like 1