New Sherman? (Sherman Max)

InfiniteWheelie

3 hours ago, Lenneth_WFXZ said:

Got the balance email about an hour ago or so

Check yo emails!

Balance paid, let's gooooooooooooooooo!

Same! Paid with the quickness! :thumbup:

43 minutes ago, dangasaur said:

I've got a tracking number.  Scheduled to arrive on April 5 in KC MO.

Awesome. Did your wheel show shipping from Carson, CA? Did you order any extras? I ordered extras and have a shipment coming from Carson, Ca and the other from Tucson, AZ to Indiana. I also had a wheel in for repair under warranty. I didn't want to bother them with the repair status hoping they would get the Max out sooner.

@PtrckI don't have any extras on this wheel so just the shipment from Carson CA.  When I ordered my V11 last year I had a few extras and had the extra shipment from AZ.

In hind sight I should have ordered an extra tube just to have one on hand.  Like you, I just wanted to get the new wheel here ASAP.

Edited by dangasaur

2 hours ago, dangasaur said:

I've got a tracking number.  Scheduled to arrive on April 5 in KC MO.

Mine is saying April 3rd, but I asked to hold the delivery at a fed ex location for pick up just in case I'm not home when it arrives I can pick it up at nearby location. This may delay the delivery date a couple days, or not. Originally it said the 5th, but after I selected fed ex hold location it brought the date down to the 3rd. Not sure if that's accurate.

Btw, I'm not worried about the tube for the Sherman. I hear those wheels are beefy. But eventually I'll order one just in case.

fffffff.JPG

Edited by bkw

@Ptrck Just fyi, I ordered extras along with my Sherman (Seat + mud guard) and I have 2 separate shipments. One coming from Carson, CA (The wheel itself) and the other coming from Tucson, AZ (The accessories I presume). 

Both are slated to arrive this Saturday and I can't wait =D, just need to get some velcro for the pads before then and I'll be all set.

9 minutes ago, Lenneth_WFXZ said:

Freemotion pedals already in my hands, Grizzla's ordered waiting.

Been thinking of getting a set of those myself, how is the quality? Also are the "nubs" screw-in or are the pegs a part of the metal? Just curious as I can't quite tell from the photos on their site. Congrats on the Max! I'm full-steam ahead on the hype train as well :P

4 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Are you referring to the Sherman Max, itself, or the accessories? 

Well both, but mostly the max. I thought I saw emails going out it should land to some in the next few days. Sounds good keen to see, 

Edited by Forwardnbak

3 hours ago, Forwardnbak said:

Subd- thanks techyiam. Now I want to try to find a way to buy one of these. Damn. 

The youtube I've seen with the most Sherman Max videos is this guy: https://www.youtube.com/user/alexutlang

In the comments he answers a lot of questions about the Max as a previous owner of the older versions.

• Like 1

Just now, Lenneth_WFXZ said:

Nooooo from Ewheels? Reach out to them already?

Yep, they offered a replacement wheel. But I'm not sure if it was just a one time glitch. I turned off the wheel and the charger, plugged the charger again and it's charging fine. It was at 98V on arrival and at 100V when the error occurred. Now it's balancing and showing 100.4-100.5V. So, charging seems to work, but who knows what's the root case and if it will charge next time.

Really debating if I should return it or do more testing.

25 minutes ago, JetSerge said:

Yep, they offered a replacement wheel. But I'm not sure if it was just a one time glitch. I turned off the wheel and the charger, plugged the charger again and it's charging fine. It was at 98V on arrival and at 100V when the error occurred. Now it's balancing and showing 100.4-100.5V. So, charging seems to work, but who knows what's the root case and if it will charge next time.

Really debating if I should return it or do more testing.

How do you know that eWheels will offer you a replacement at a later date after you play with it for a while?

Edited by techyiam

2 minutes ago, techyiam said:

How do you know that eWheels will offer you a replacement at a later date after you play with it for a while?

I just told Jason that charging seems to work now and that it doesn't appear to be a permanent error that completely prevents charging. He said to continue testing and report back.

• Like 2

In that case, you are safe since you kept Jason in the loop, and he authorized it.

But since you have had previous experiences with euc ownership, you kinda know what to expect. Either way you are golden.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

Been seeing conflicting information regarding the weight, some list it at 36kg other at 39kg, anyone had the chance to weight the Max yet?