New Sherman? (Sherman Max)

InfiniteWheelie

Has anyone heard about a new Sherman coming out with 2170 cells, 3600wh, and a more powerful motor? I heard this in a youtube video (can't remember which one), and saw a youtube comment elsewhere talking about it. I have no actual information confirming this, I've just seen the rumor here and there.

Edited by InfiniteWheelie

• 4 weeks later...

The sales team at eWheels has confirmed this as well.  They say it is called the "Sherman Max" and it is the only version of the Sherman they are receiving going forward (according to the guy I talked to).  It has a 3600Wh battery and an improved motor with more torque.  It still has the wider rim tire and the upgraded display that is more water resistant like the most recent version before this.

• Like 2

On 11/23/2021 at 6:48 PM, GoldenOne said:

Also apparently the price is going to increase 'significantly'

:o

Given the erides price of a Sherman is already just shy of £3k, I don't think I will be queuing up to pay 'significantly' more for an extra 400wh.

I'm just super glad I managed to bag mine for around the £2350 mark just before prices rocketed. I couldn't have stretched to £3k, let alone what they might be asking for the 3600Wh version!

• Like 2

On 12/18/2021 at 12:16 AM, longjohnsally said:

The sales team at eWheels has confirmed this as well.  They say it is called the "Sherman Max" and it is the only version of the Sherman they are receiving going forward (according to the guy I talked to).  It has a 3600Wh battery and an improved motor with more torque.  It still has the wider rim tire and the upgraded display that is more water resistant like the most recent version before this.

Hmm surely a new motherboard as well that wont burn from powerdemand.

49 minutes ago, Kekafuch said:

Abrams getting the Max treatment by March??? 

The Abrams already has 21700 type cells. The original Sherman has the 18650s, and they switched to 21700s with the Sherman Max. If the Veteran guys wanted the Abrams to be 3600Wh, they would probably have done that right away (4 900Wh packs instead of 3). I expect no "Max treatment" for the Abrams for that reason.

The Abrams has a lot of wasted space inside, so in principle 3600Wh shouldn't be too hard - if they want to do it.

4 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

If the Veteran guys wanted the Abrams to be 3600Wh, they would probably have done that right away (4 900Wh packs instead of 3). I expect no "Max treatment" for the Abrams for that reason.

The Abrams has a lot of wasted space inside, so in principle 3600Wh shouldn't be too hard - if they want to do it.

Meep, you have mistaken the Abrams battery configuration for 3 packs of 900wh when in fact it is 4x 675wh!

This was confirmed early on in October in this posted by Afeez: 

46878313-68A2-4F52-BE10-FC3B708509FC.png

So in fact there is definitely No wasted space At All with the trolley, fuse box, motor cables junction box occupying the "V" shaped space between the 4x 675wh packs!

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 2

I agree it’s weird that the Abrams has 2700wh. My feeling is the incremental price increases planned. Is there even a price yet for the Sherman Max? Then Abrams Max with another price bump. 

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I think they could have fit the extra 48 cells in if they wanted to. At least space-wise. Maybe it would have ruined their really cool build?

I honestly don't think there actually is the space, given All the ancillary items currently occupying the space between the 4 battery enclosures!

1 hour ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

Any word on if the Sherman Max switching to the same style motor hub as the Abrams with 3 bolts per side

I have read on both Facebook and Telegram that the axle will be of the wider 3 bolt style! This might also be backed up, in part, by a video posted on Facebook by Linnea Lin of the "Max" climbing up that ridiculously steep rock face....you could just make out that the pedal hanger was a different silver colour?!?!

Edited by fbhb

I really want an even bigger wheel but I don't want to downgrade my range, so unfortunately I can't go for the Abrams. I'll stick with my Sherman until Leaperkim makes an Abrams sized wheel or bigger with 3600+ wh. I really like the steel tubing on Leaperkim wheels and the quality is decent, so I'll probably be sticking with them as a company. That's my perspective on these new wheels.

Edited by InfiniteWheelie
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DragonFZ said:

I hope I can just upgrade my current Sherman with the new Torque Motor and Rim

The MAX motor has a different axle with 3 point connector, doubt it's compatible with old shell. :(

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DragonFZ said:

I hope I can just upgrade my current Sherman with the new Torque Motor and Rim

I have the new sherman max. The new axle and motherboard is not compatible with the old sherman. No changes on the exterior though 

• Like 2