New Sherman? (Sherman Max)

InfiniteWheelie

1 hour ago, Pargame said:

thank you for your return, I was wondering about the maneuverability, it comforts me in the choice I made of my order 👌 I was thinking about the V12HT so I was frustrated not to see any feedback on the shermax 😆

I honestly do not think you will be disappointed that you bought the Max. Like last time, my legs feel like they did a work out after riding...

The weight might be the only thing to really get used to. For instance, when you come to a stop you can feel the weight more, but when you're riding you can't really feel the weight that much. But the maneuverability is much better than when I first tried it. PSI means everything apparently, as I've found out with both the Max and the 16X

Edited by bkw
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ok thank you for your help, I think it will be great for me too 👍
I should test a Sherman V1 this weekend to get an idea of the beast.
I'm really impatient to receive it, I hope not to be too late for batch 2... (it hasn't even left China apparently)

• Like 1

@DjPanJan I'm in the same boat as you although I'm not considering upgrading to the Max at the moment but only to the Max mainboard on my OG Sherman.

In the demos and tests so far, the board seems to be capable of handling a lot higher burden without failing, therefore be a stronger climber.
I am wondering why/how, since both look physically very similar. Maybe much thicker conductors on the board's PCB?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, supercurio said:

@DjPanJan I'm in the same boat as you although I'm not considering upgrading to the Max at the moment but only to the Max mainboard on my OG Sherman.

In the demos and tests so far, the board seems to be capable of handling a lot higher burden without failing, therefore be a stronger climber.
I am wondering why/how, since both look physically very similar. Maybe much thicker conductors on the board's PCB?

Or they fixed a bug in the design. 🤔 I wonder what those additional components near the battery connectors are for.

Edited by Rawnei
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Or they fixed a bug in the design. 🤔 I wonder what those additional transistors near the battery connectors are for.

Afair from veteran times they were to connect/disconnect the charger plug from the batteries?

9 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Afair from veteran times they were to connect/disconnect the charger plug from the batteries?

Not sure what you mean, there are new components on the Max motherboard that wasn't on the OG one:

7 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Not sure what you mean, there are new components on the Max motherboard that wasn't on the OG one:

The 4 mosfets described in the link to the sherman max board as new components.

17 minutes ago, Chriull said:

They are not new, they were already on the original veteran sherman board:

From https://ecodrift.ru/2020/07/05/razbiraem-veteran-sherman-iz-pervoj-postavki-mnogo-udivitelnyh-otkrytij/

Monokoleso-Veteran-Sherman-93.jpg

1 hour ago, Chriull said:

The 4 mosfets described in the link to the sherman max board as new components.

They are not new, they were already on the original veteran sherman board:

From https://ecodrift.ru/2020/07/05/razbiraem-veteran-sherman-iz-pervoj-postavki-mnogo-udivitelnyh-otkrytij/

Look again, there are 4 components on the Max board that's not on the OG board, resistors maybe?

new_max_board2.jpg.38f2acbf51fe59731bf56d6e022439ec.jpg

Edited by Rawnei
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

On other side i can climb long inclining when i keep momentum around 20km/h motor handle this good this is brutal proof sherman motor is speed oriented.

I appreciate the level of technical concern you guys have. I went up one of the steepest hills that I know of in Manhattan both slow and fast just to test it out and no issues whatsoever. Maybe climbed even better than the 16X. But, of course, if you want a technical review then I'm sure eventually someone might post a video about it. I will admit, I am pretty ignorant of the technicalities of these devices, so I'll leave that to the "pros". I'm not really sure what kind of steep grade you guys are looking for exactly

Edited by bkw
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Tawpie said:

The brownish rectangles are chip capacitors, typically decoupling

Any idea what their purpose could be?

7 hours ago, bkw said:

I appreciate the level of technical concern you guys have. I went up one of the steepest hills that I know of in Manhattan both slow and fast just to test it out and no issues whatsoever. Maybe climbed even better than the 16X. But, of course, if you want a technical review then I'm sure eventually someone might post a video about it. I will admit, I am pretty ignorant of the technicalities of these devices, so I'll leave that to the "pros". I'm not really sure what kind of steep grade you guys are looking for exactly

It's this we're hoping will not happen on the Max 😅

Edited by Rawnei
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Rollinthunder said:

Does anyone's Shermer cycle the charger on and off when it's balancing? 

Mine does it all the way through, not just when balancing. Mines a V2 though, not a Max.

Thats assuming we're talking about the same thing - a really quick flicker of the charger light every 3 seconds or so?

1 hour ago, Planemo said:

Mine does it all the way through, not just when balancing. Mines a V2 though, not a Max.

Thats assuming we're talking about the same thing - a really quick flicker of the charger light every 3 seconds or so?

Yeah! Does it ever end for you? Mine only does it at the top end of 100v,weird that yours does it the whole time. If the charger has a fan it also kicks that on and off

Edited by Rollinthunder

13 minutes ago, Rollinthunder said:

Yeah! Does it ever end for you? Mine only does it at the top end of 100v,weird that yours does it the whole time. If the charger has a fan it also kicks that on and off

AFAIK it's totally normal, the motherboard takes a battery voltage reading every few seconds, it's a charging feature I believe. It may even be something to do with taking a reading from each pack and comparing them. Yes the fan speed on mine dips too for a fraction of a second when it cuts. I do wonder if this constant on/off switching was what helped kill the stock chargers. I have never used the stock charger as I already had a 6A one from my MSX.

But yes, mine deffo does it from the start of charging (or at least from the 25% mark, as thats the lowest I have ever run the batts down).

• Like 1

My K66 just arrived today 🎉🥳🎉 so I started watching some Sherman tire-change videos. Shane has a good one. 

1) wondering if anyone has taken a Sherman Max apart yet? I assume there are no significant changes as far as the tire change process is concerned .

2) I have a suggestion for Veteran but welcome feedback. There are 4 wires that connect the motor to the control board. They must be disconnected by removing the top panel and unscrewing the connectors from the control board. If they added some quick disconnects to these wires, in the battery compartment, it would make the process easier and faster. Also, since the top panel is not removed, the seal would not be compromised and  a re-seal would not be required.

1 hour ago, lazybones99 said:

quick disconnects to these wires, in the battery compartment

Yup, I was considering AS120 + XT120... but they're bulky and not so easy to find space for. 
Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll be thin enough to sit over the trolley tubes? I doubt it though :( 

AM-JKLVcAMvYDcuvnUt7hXQOF3qN5Za_Iig9cKgVGIWC3Ykjfv-aCH1xLWkJJum4SfJ2Mk2Q58zfsRC_A6nrygAcH38juyFZm3dvmB_aVN1EnC7kRZVXmRq_4DW7kqi4KtSM8jT3U2JoNiShQqcxHbqNSQbEgw=s500-no?authuser=0

AM-JKLWb987xKIRxVVKwCb6GdRWjKHPp1rkRFCT9

• Like 2

I opened up my Sherm Max today to install an alarm on the inside. Decided to take some pictures for those who are curious. Both of sides of the Sherman are exactly the same on the inside btw. You can download the zip file with the pictures inside from the link provided:

https://easyupload.io/20xwkz

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/10/2022 at 8:53 PM, lazybones99 said:

I just finished setting up the Grizzla Pads on my new Sherman Max and took my first ride on it.

I’m not sure how I feel about the stock tire yet but I have a K66 on the way :) looking forward to a great year of riding!

38AE65F6-1162-4D9D-BDA5-57A7680ACEC4.jpeg

Where did u get that front bumper??

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Goeuc said:

Alarm is very nice idea what kind of alarm are you going to install ? My MAX is on way I have ordered one. It is my first wheel :D I hope I will be able manage.

Just a cheap alarm. I'll only use it when I have to drop off a delivery and that takes minutes. I also have a hefty lock for it, so I'm pretty much covered now :thumbup:

Have fun with your first wheel!