New Sherman? (Sherman Max)

InfiniteWheelie

21 hours ago, Lenneth_WFXZ said:

I'll have to see if ewheels will move my preorder from the commander to the Max- no lie, im pretty happy with the idea of knocking 1.1k right now off my order before it the rest needs to pay off.

I have pads, upgraded dear, and pedals ready to press order once the EUC is shipped my way XD

I bet they'd change your preorder if you emailed them. Don't get me wrong you'd probably be very happy with the Commander, It's just a worse wheel in my opinion. Additional downsides for the Commander are the handles which are harder to grab and have sharp edges, crappy speakers in place of a real taillight, non adjustable headlight angle, uglier looks (subjective).

The reasons I was considering the Commander were the bigger battery (now equivalent with the "Max" version), and the optional torque motor (the "Max" version is up on torque also). To me whatever reasons there were to buy a Commander are now gone with the new Sherman Max. This is all just my opinion but seeing as you're basically in my pervious situation, I thought I'd give my two cents.

Edited by InfiniteWheelie
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

The reason I ask is because wheels can be very different IRL! As an example, I really didn't like the look of the V11 when I first saw it on YT, but had to completely reconsider my opinion when I first saw one for real...

The V11 is a thing of beauty 😍 and I won't hear anything to the contrary!

• Like 1

On 2/5/2022 at 10:45 AM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Without meaning any offence, is this your own personal observation (based on actual interaction with a Commander), or from what you have seen in YouTube?

The reason I ask is because wheels can be very different IRL! As an example, I really didn't like the look of the V11 when I first saw it on YT, but had to completely reconsider my opinion when I first saw one for real...

Fair point, I haven't seen it in person. To me it just looks cheap with the all-plastic shell, crappy head/tail lights, and ugly (in my opinion) rgb lights. Plus it's basically a Begode wheel which doesn't exactly have a reputation of great quality. I'm sure it's an alright wheel, I just prefer the Sherman. 

Edited by InfiniteWheelie
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Please someone know what is magnet configuration or size on sherman max or what make motor sherman MSX more torque vs clasic sherman?

Monokoleso-Veteran-Sherman-76.jpg

35mm

Monokoleso-Veteran-Sherman-77.jpg

The number of poles is also smaller than with a conventional motor of this size.?
I counted. 54 poles for 48 magnets.?

All conventional engines 16 inch and 18inch have the formula 63 to 56?

example MSP HT 38mm (C38)

Razbiraem-monokoleso-Gotway-MSuper-Pro-3

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bkw said:

BTW, found a youtube video supposedly confirming the stronger sherman rim:

Good find. I would love to have one of these next to the older 60mm rim and take loads of measurements with my vernier to see where the differences in thickness are.

It does seem very odd that they both weigh the same, especially given that in the vid we know that at least the spokes in the new rim are wider at a certain point according to the reviewer.

Admittedly, if the whole thing was simply made out of better quality alloy it wouldn't necessarily have to weigh more.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Good find. I would love to have one of these next to the older 60mm rim and take loads of measurements with my vernier to see where the differences in thickness are.

Here ya go matey, as you don't do Facebook. Steven Machaelis posted this last week and I knew you would be interested in his findings:

Electric Unicycle dot org EUC | Here are my comparisons and measurements between my v2 Sherman rim (purchased Summer 2021) and a newest v3 rim, which I just received from Ewheels Mar... | Facebook

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, fbhb said:

Here ya go matey, as you don't do Facebook. Steven Machaelis posted this last week and I knew you would be interested in his findings:

Electric Unicycle dot org EUC | Here are my comparisons and measurements between my v2 Sherman rim (purchased Summer 2021) and a newest v3 rim, which I just received from Ewheels Mar... | Facebook

Good man! I'll take a good look at that :thumbup:

• Like 1

On 3/5/2022 at 1:05 PM, fbhb said:

Hypeddd!

Got the email from EWheels:
Once the vessel hits port, we will just be awaiting customs clearance and for our fulfilment team to take possession of the new Shermans. Once we clear customs, we will send out balance payments and links to optional rapid chargers, fenders and seats. Given these unforeseen delays, we will probably be in a position to ship your Sherman Max out to you the last week of March.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lenneth_WFXZ said:

Hypeddd!

Got the email from EWheels:
Once the vessel hits port, we will just be awaiting customs clearance and for our fulfilment team to take possession of the new Shermans. Once we clear customs, we will send out balance payments and links to optional rapid chargers, fenders and seats. Given these unforeseen delays, we will probably be in a position to ship your Sherman Max out to you the last week of March.

My guess is there are likely a lot of preorders. I do wonder if they go out first order first to receive? If that's the case, it might be even a longer wait for last minute preorders

Edited by bkw

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Interesting. Same axle design as Abrams, but still a different motor...

https://ecodrift.ru/2021/11/30/veteran-abrams-razbiraem/

I can’t tell if it’s exactly the same with the video of the max, though unfortunately it does look pretty much the same as the Abrams.

The working theory I’ve heard is the bearing issues on the Abrams comes down to how the wire articulates with the axle. It allows for ingress of water and extra crap right where you don’t want it. 

47 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Top speed?

3200wh Sherman had a freespin speed of 101kph but it reports speed about 5% higher than actual. 
Now 3600wh SherMax has a freespin speed listed as 98kph, with accuracy TBD.
Sounds like the same speed to me.

SherMax improvements vs original Sherm, as I see them:

1. Thicker motor cables less likely to melt their insulation. 
  2. Large-diameter axle less likely to crack from jumps slams and wrecks.
  3. Third-generation rim with improved durability (than V2) and better tire fitment (than V1).
  4. Slight increase in range.

Downsides:

• 4lb heavier?

Note sure when they added the "waterproof" screen, but that's in there too :P. Also, isn't there a new type of hanger in which you can adjust the pedal height now? Don't forget better torque and larger battery (different kind of battery?)

As far as the top speed goes, I hear it's only slightly slower at top speed by maybe a couple mph. The torque has noticeably improved supposedly.

Edited by bkw

6 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Top speed?

3200wh Sherman had a freespin speed of 101kph but it reports speed about 5% higher than actual. 
Now 3600wh SherMax has a freespin speed listed as 98kph, with accuracy TBD.
Sounds like the same speed to me.

SherMax improvements vs original Sherm, as I see them:

1. Thicker motor cables less likely to melt their insulation. 
  2. Large-diameter axle less likely to crack from jumps slams and wrecks.
  3. Third-generation rim with improved durability (than V2) and better tire fitment (than V1).
  4. Slight increase in range.

Downsides:

• 4lb heavier?

All this is great on paper, but I’ll believe it once we get more real world impressions. Fortunately, people are already getting their SherMaxes now so if all goes well, this could be a solid iteration of increased torque is what you were after over the original Sherman. I think a lot of folks will appreciate that extra torque if they wanted to take their Shermans more on trails, or better pickup off the line.

Regarding top speed and kind of why I brought it up originally is more for my headroom safety. If I’m looking for a wheel that I can cruise at 40-45 mph comfortably, then I’d prefer a 50 mph+ top speed wheel. If the SherMax matches the original Sherman or is a few mph slower than the original Sherman, then that’s a downside for me. Right now, I place the Sherman and SherMax at a 35-40 mph comfortable cruising speed for me, and I was hoping for at least a 10 mph increase over my Nikola+ AR, which is a 30-35 mph cruiser for me.

14 hours ago, TheSlyGiraffEV said:

Right now, I place the Sherman and SherMax at a 35-40 mph comfortable cruising speed for me, and I was hoping for at least a 10 mph increase over my Nikola+ AR, which is a 30-35 mph cruiser for me.

Makes sense.

I think cruising above 40mph is very strenuous while standing... do you ride seated?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Makes sense.

I think cruising above 40mph is very strenuous while standing... do you ride seated?

I do! I have a nice tall leather seat on my Nikola, and you’re right…almost everyone I see cruising at that speed, usually on MPro, are almost always seated, so getting a proper comfortable seat is a must for me for all future wheels.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Has anyone who pre-ordered on ewheels for the sherman max gotten any word yet that they are shipping your wheel out? They said they would be in position to ship Max's out last week of March, so just curious

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bkw said:

Has anyone who pre-ordered on ewheels for the sherman max gotten any word yet that they are shipping your wheel out? They said they would be in position to ship Max's out last week of March, so just curious

On 3/22 ewheels said they were hoping to begin shipping them out next week. They were just trying to get through customs at the moment...

• Thanks 1