Mango

Yeah... Challenger has bad connotations because of the space shuttle. V13 has bad connotations because of the 13. And wait for more: V14 will have bad connotations because of the 4 in it... 

2 hours ago, UniVehje said:

Has anybody used Eagle when talking about S22?

In Russia the S22 it is often colloquially called "the rooster" (in respectful support of Kingsong's promotion of avian naming)

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, yoos said:

Nah, my first connotation with V is Vergeltungswaffe I am afraid :(. My distaste for military naming has grown strong. Why keep calling these wonderful contraptions after weapons of destruction (Sherman, Abrams) or army rankings (Commander)? I like the technical names (S18, V12, RS etc) much better. Animals, mythical creatures, geographic landmarks etc are also great. But no conquerors, destroyers, comandantes, bombers, Kalashnikovs etc please. Let's name the V13 Falcon or something, fittingly it's faster than an Eagle and F is already a common letter in the inmotion naming scheme. Inmotion F1 sounds good.

Not "InMotion Z"? ;-)

How about Inmotion Vaporware? 😄 It probably won't be available until August 2023.

I just hope for a clean launch of said product with only minor glitches.  I initially committed to buying the V12 last fall, but due to issues with that wheel, I cancelled it and signed on for the S20, but again issues with that wheel caused me to switch my order to the Master and hopefully 🤞 I'll finally get a much needed upgrade from my V10F next month. 🍾🎉

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Now people start discussing names? 

And the quoted message is not considered a problem? 

I mean there is no protection for a EUC crash and clearly this is like always, not fully considering what is going of between a self balancing 1 wheel transport vs a sportbikes in balance between 2 wheels that doesn't require power to balance. 

As speeds increase this will end really badly the new generation didn't learn at 20-30kmh limited so we leaned what loss of balance at a "safe" speed or what you could run off. But at 75mph...

I can only say good luck. 

So where is do we want these thing to end or progress into?

Thay is why I think a upgraded and improved V11 would be a better long term investment. 

But time will tell if my predicted is wrong. Also time will tell what else the Challanger have installed for the community. 

But here is an idea. Someone bringing it out to a freeway or riding full speed in a city road will make the news soon. So will the police crack down on EUC riders going too fast. 

Just like rental escooters had the Police monotoring them for some time at least. 

Dude, we are having fun here! You sure you want to start the philosophical discussion of risks and responsibilities?... :-)

• Like 2

Food for thought.

For BLDC motors used in euc's, if the motor is allowed to run without phase currents being limited, either by controller or battery, then the peak motor power output would occur at roughly 50% of its free-spin speed. When motor power is below the load, in power terms, the euc decelerates.

50% of 140 km/h  is 70 km/h.  The load depends on the total weight of the euc and rider, the grade of the road, head winds, aerodynamic drag, and rolling resistance, and etc. And of course the reserve to balance the rider.

32 minutes ago, Freeforester said:

Unventor has a point, at least in the eyes of many Europeans, in that irresponsible use of a EUC capable of lethal speed may well presage their banning, and certainly at least far greater scrutiny; we can all, surely understand the nature of those reckless/carefree young and young-minded males

Basically, what you alluding to is that some riders, especially if they live in Europe, may also want a new flagship wheel that is more suited to their use cases, and political climate.

I think Inmotion will find out soon enough. If V13 sales tank in Europe, Inmotion would have to come up with another flagship wheel for Europe. 

In the mean time, there is the S22. You just have to wait for Kingsong to sort out the motor and slider issues. 🙂

If you want to see what happens to riders with super fast machines, look no further than the motorcycle world.

At least from what I seen, most of the riders that do buy the Ninja H2's, superbikes, or Ninja ZX-14R's, or Suzuki Hayabusa's are more skilled and calculating than you think. 

The H2 can go 200 mph, and as always, someone would like to prove it on YouTube. So there are always those. Aside from group rides, the vast majority would ride within their abilities. 

The manufacturers are still selling those bikes, decaded after decades.

Edited by techyiam

1 hour ago, Freeforester said:

Unventor has a point, at least in the eyes of many Europeans,

Many contries in europe has governments which has come to the view, that the only right way to solve a problem is by issuing a ban.  This is easy; you do not have to think about anything, draw up a plan or investigate whether you can do something in a different way so that people could have fun in a safe way, nono... just banning.  In my country its even banned to carry i pocket knife with the smallest blade if you don't have a recognizable purpose for carrying. In that way people have been accused under the strictest weapons clause just because they had forgotten the knife in their backpack or pocket ( after a nature hike ), and now entering a mall...  But we are now all the "happy happy people" because knifes are illegal, and therefore the criminals among us cant use them anymore.  It must be a riddle to the government how knife stabbing with serious injuries and eventually death still occurs  20 - 30 times a year... how come that be ? wonder wonder...  Its just a matter of time and the same will happen for the EUC users (somehow already happened in UK and Germany.) It only takes one incident, for example with a fool rider who tries to see if i can keep up with the traffic on a motorway (on his new speed monster Vxxx ) paired with a Karen and a politican who is on the search for votes, and bang; then the ban trains is running.

Edited by Robse
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Robse said:

Alas, most letters of both the latin and greek alphabeth have been tarnished.

10 hours ago, That Guy said:

Not "InMotion Z"? ;-)

Looks like I can't even ride the Ninebot Z10 now :(. Still, letters are letters, not fully owned by military, propaganda, or ideology. I guess you can't even trademark a letter. "conqueror" and "sherman" on the other hand are pretty straight-forward in their references. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yoos said:

I think what Unventor might be more afraid of (and I agree with him here) is that while EUCs are still in the their young age (with regards to public opinion and regulation) it is important what stories and events hit the headlines. Motorcycles, like bicycles, are entrenched in culture for 100 years already. A tragic crash of a motorcycle (even if it's at 200mph in a city and kills 5 people) will not lead to a ban (or any serious limitation) on motorcycles. EUCs on the other hand enjoy no such privilege.

You the rider decides which wheel you buy and how fast you ride, as well as how much negative attention you draw.

Are you saying that the Sherman Max, Abrams, Commander, Monster Pro, EX.N, and the Master are fine? Why focus only on the V13. A fast enough wheel is all it takes to generate a bad headline.

Or are you implying that you are afraid Europeans would indeed buy the V13, go as fast they can, and generate bad headlines. The wheels I mentioned above are not slow. Have they generated bad headlines yet?

As you know, Denis Hagov does not sell Leaper Kim wheels anymore. And Afeez Kay of E-rides does not sell the EX20S. Hence, European dealers and distributors decide what wheels are primarily sold in Europe. However, there are more than a handful of Europeans that ride euc's. Should a few riders be a able dictate what all other European riders can ride.

If you are worried about bad headlines, and those headlines that can lead to banning of eucs, you can definitely vote with your wallet for starters. But also as a group you can speak to your dealers and distributors. 

i think the companies should stop trying to outdo each other’s hype announcements and instead make wheels that actually arrive on a due date with working firmware and hardware. Then let hype happen. 

Also stop trying to call them western names challenger, raptor, eagle and xman. 

Edited by Forwardnbak
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, yoos said:

I was merely caught up [again] in the well-known narrative: faster wheels -> people ride faster-> looks more dangerous; chances of accident increase; accident severity increases->accident and overall scariness might generate bad media->severe regulation likely.

Riding at a higher speed doesn't necessarily equate to reckless riding. However, riding at a higher speed safely may require more skill, and more cautious risk mitigation tactics and strategies. 

To establish connection between Europe, US and the ROW add the following relation: regulations in one part of the world often affect regulations elsewhere, especially places that were undecided yet; product that don't yet have a very large market and powerful customer/distributer base are more helpless in the face of regulations and are more likely to be treated harshly if not outright banned (in places where they legally grey at the moment).

The only thing that came anything close to be on the radar of a federal agency in the US is a Kingsong euc battery pack. Due to exactly one incident. That I thought was odd. I think they took interest only because the damage was severe, and they were linking the euc incident to the hoover board fires, which they have already created tests for.

I think the euc market is still too small, and they are not anywhere near to making headlines. There are not enough injuries and fatalities to justify interest of the feds yet, IMO.

By the way, are there any estimates for motor weight? It's a 22" which basically means a slightly larger rim (however, if you aren't cheap you can shave off quite some weight on that). The guts are more important. 8AWG wires are roughly twice the weight of 11AWG wires. My question is what's the length of the wires? Does it really contribute much to the weight? Or is most of the extra weight needed for mechanical robustness?

I don't have any details. But wouldn't most of the weight be coming from the Neodymium magnets, and the windings. This is a very powerful BLDC motor. The wheel and hub can be made from aluminium alloy. 

However, I noticed motorcycle wheels are heavier than euc wheels, (excluding motor components). So the wheel itself would be beefed up some.

It would be interesting to compare the V13 wheel to that of the Abrams.

• Like 1

• Mango changed the title to Inmotion V13 Speculation