Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

16 hours ago, nosamplesplease said:

He's riding with the trolley handle up, braced against it. Interesting...

Very, looks like he uses it to accelerate/decelerate the wheel seated. I imaged you could haul back pretty hard on that handle to pull the wheel to a stop when seated...

Looks like the shamed early adopters are now having the last laugh with a discounted price of a new wheel. That's quite the discount. I guess they deserve it for being our wheel testers. :D

Sadly, I withheld the urge to put down a deposit. Now it looks like I'll be paying the premium price. I'll be expecting some in depth reviews from all the 1st batchers out there. I want to be dam sure the extra cost is going to be validated because I REALLY want one of these wheels.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Gaman said:

Got an email update from eWheels:

me three! But I didn't preorder on the first day so sadly I'm waiting until May. Would that be batch 1.5 (no significant time on the February units before they start building -my- wheel so it's not really batch 2)?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

me three! But I didn't preorder on the first day so sadly I'm waiting until May. Would that be batch 1.5 (no significant time on the February units before they start building -my- wheel so it's not really batch 2)?

I pre-ordered the very first day but that's no guarantee - knowing my luck I won't be among the top 40 - we shall see!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 5Cauac said:

I'll be expecting some in depth reviews from all the 1st batchers out there. I want to be dam sure the extra cost is going to be validated because I REALLY want one of these wheels.

Muhaha, you'll not be getting any review from me, that's my privilege now! 👺🤣😉

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, 5Cauac said:

I'll be expecting some in depth reviews from all the 1st batchers out there.

Guaranteed, my first impression video will probably start exactly like this: "HOLY SMOKES, this thing weighs a TON. (ugh... hernia... call 911)"

(adding this to my cart) https://www.amazon.com/Harbinger-Classic-Leather-Weightlifting-6-Inch/dp/B00TX61AZ6/ref=sr_1_51?crid=2Z0SE1G34EKPJ&keywords=weight+lifting+belt&qid=1643410619&sprefix=weight+lif%2Caps%2C225&sr=8-51 :P

Edited by Tawpie
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

Guaranteed, my first impression video will probably start exactly like this: "HOLY SMOKES, this thing weighs a TON. (ugh... hernia... call 911)"

Especially with that extra high box it comes in, you very well might need that belt. :lol: Unless of course you just lay it on it's side to pull it out. :efefa6edcf:

4 hours ago, Tawpie said:

I would probably say the same thing since I weigh only 130 lbs.  I am in the first 40 wheels.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, 5Cauac said:

Looks like the shamed early adopters are now having the last laugh with a discounted price of a new wheel. That's quite the discount. I guess they deserve it for being our wheel testers. :D

Sadly, I withheld the urge to put down a deposit. Now it looks like I'll be paying the premium price. I'll be expecting some in depth reviews from all the 1st batchers out there. I want to be dam sure the extra cost is going to be validated because I REALLY want one of these wheels.

Don't feel badly. Wait a year and itll be proven or not. If you don't get a discount from today's price, you can just hope you made more money this season anyhow. Who knows, maybe youll find a steal on a used model too?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, yoos said:

I get the impression that Kingsong employs this guy for all its testing and shows and he has grown so skilled over the years that he makes all wheels look attractive and stunts effortless. That, and he appears to be lower weight than your typical western rider. Still, that's the smoothest stairway ascent I have seen.

Yeah, I'm jealous too. :P

Depending on the speed that you descend the stairs, even non-suspension wheels can look smooth, so this isn’t an accurate assessment of the S20’s suspension capabilities. There is an old video of a rider going down stairs on a non-suspension EUC while holding a cup of coffee in his hand.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, yoos said:

Kingsong employs this guy

Funny, I collect videos of this guy. He seems to have ridden every single wheel that ever existed and make it shine.

I bet he can make an Airwheel X3 look like a hot product and perform the same tricks! :roflmao:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, pico said:

I bet he can make an Airwheel X3 look like a hot product and perform the same tricks! :roflmao:

I know also one trick of this hot X3 product - battered ankles. Uh oh, what a hell device for the first contact with EUC. Not sure if my falls wasnt meant as my revenge to it...
Im not sure if I would be able (I know... "free your mind") to ride downstairs like him with pre-order S20 without some spare parts :popcorn:

Edited by Miko.cz
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Paul A said:

Would active suspension be possible on an EUC?

Technically yes. Would obviously add weight and I am not sure how your own muscles would react to the microscopic changes being made beneath your feet.

Personally, I think a semi active setup would be nice. For a mature wheel I would want it handled through a robust app.

3 pre set suspension modes
Rider weight setting
1 custom suspension profile

So Road, Off-Road, Stunts, Custom
All set against a weight you preconfigure. Then you should be able to switch between them via a button on the wheel's dash (also another feature slowly coming about).

Another issue with active suspension is it would probably be a decent battery drainer.

• Like 3