V11 Cutout - User Error - Inmotion FTW

EUChristian

What a wholesome and happy ending:clap3: I wish we would see a whole lot more of this kind of behavior from euc companies in the future...This level of costumer support is unmatched and makes me feel like a dupe used by the likes of gotway...

Man i can't wait for Inmotion or any of the other companies to make a really fast, high battery capacity, sturdy euc because right now it's either gotway(not sturdy though) or ex gotway (sherman) and although gotways are all i ever rode i am sure that this is only because no other euc company exists in that high-speed enthusiast bracket, but once gotway sees their massive market share dwindle hopefully they will feel compelled to implement some of the things people have tried to get them to introduce in their wheels or hell maybe they would even respond to messages like a normal human.

The more time i spend in this forum and the more wheels that release from other brands(and now this awesome costumer support) the closer i get to jumping ship. The RS19 might very well be my last gotway wheel considering my wheels typically lasts me around 2 years and i simply can't imagine a 2022 where euc's from competitors won't be capable of reaching 2020 gotway speeds. Sure by then gotway wheels will be going 90-100km/h and yes i am a speed demon but i am not suicidal... Ever since 2016 i've just been waiting for a wheel that can go 60-70km/h while being under the 80% beeps with as much battery as possible once i acquire that i will not want to upgrade unless super-mega-hyper fast charging is eventually added down the line.   

Sorry for the gotway rant but hopefully you won't see me talk about them in 2 years if companies like Inmotion keep doing good and keep going in the right direction.

These companies must keep pushing themselves to avoid pushing us towards gotway.

Sorry if off-topic but i felt this rant is somewhat relevant. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xiiijojjo said:

Man i can't wait for Inmotion or any of the other companies to make a really fast, high battery capacity, sturdy euc because right now it's either gotway(not sturdy though) or ex gotway (sherman) and although gotways are all i ever rode i am sure that this is only because no other euc company exists in that high-speed enthusiast bracket, but once gotway sees their massive market share dwindle hopefully they will feel compelled to implement some of the things people have tried to get them to introduce in their wheels or hell maybe they would even respond to messages like a normal human.

The more time i spend in this forum and the more wheels that release from other brands(and now this awesome costumer support) the closer i get to jumping ship. The RS19 might very well be my last gotway wheel considering my wheels typically lasts me around 2 years and i simply can't imagine a 2022 where euc's from competitors won't be capable of reaching 2020 gotway speeds. Sure by then gotway wheels will be going 90-100km/h and yes i am a speed demon but i am not suicidal... Ever since 2016 i've just been waiting for a wheel that can go 60-70km/h while being under the 80% beeps with as much battery as possible once i acquire that i will not want to upgrade unless super-mega-hyper fast charging is eventually added down the line.   

InMotion's rumored next wheel, the V12, is supposed to be their first 100v wheel and exceed both the speed and range of any of their prior offerings.

Edited by AtlasP

Is 5 seconds between beeps too long?

looking at the log it appears as if the rider acknowledges the beep. Re-centers briefly, then continued to push it. I am not sure what types of trade offs less time between beeps would cause, but it might be something to consider. 

It is interesting that the tilt back was not perceived by the rider. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chaotropic said:

Is 5 seconds between beeps too long?

looking at the log it appears as if the rider acknowledges the beep. Re-centers briefly, then continued to push it. I am not sure what types of trade offs less time between beeps would cause, but it might be something to consider. 

It is interesting that the tilt back was not perceived by the rider. 

I don't think so, the beep itself is like 2-3 second long as it is a soundfile. It would just overlap if it was shorter, the real safety feature would be the tiltback anyway, I also have no idea how could that harsh of a tiltback be ignored, even 1-2degree is noticable I can't even imagine 8 degress in 2 seconds.

26 minutes ago, buell47 said:

Lol, wow what an achievement. It's not particularly difficult to beat that, or was that more of a joke? :efefb6a84e:

Well obviously it is difficult since only one company offers 100v wheels and only 2 companies, 1 of which is gotway and the other a gotway offshoot, are the only ones offering wheels over 35 mph.

Just making a super fast wheel is easy, making a super fast super safe wheel for under 3000$ and still making a profit off of it, is not easy

• Like 3

On 11/17/2020 at 3:00 PM, buell47 said:

Lol, wow what an achievement. It's not particularly difficult to beat that, or was that more of a joke? :efefb6a84e:

Non-sequitor? Nobody said anything about achievement, and there is no joke to be made. I was responding to a user who said "Man i can't wait for Inmotion or any of the other companies [other than Gotway] to make a really fast, high battery capacity... euc" by confirming that InMotion is indeed working on their first 100v, higher-speed & higher-range wheel--exactly as he was suggesting/requesting. My comment was perfectly in line, unlike your frankly bizarre response.

I bet you're one of those people who absolutely hates the fact that InMotion outsells all other EUC manufacturers combined. Or when someone points out that the news of the first 30mph wheel by InMotion coincided almost exactly with Gotway's abandonment/conceding of the higher-end 84v space and putting all their eggs into the 100v basket (as if that was a coincidence).

Edited by AtlasP

Is there any information on how Inmotion wants to increase the speed but at the same time build super safe wheels, besides just increasing the voltage to 100V? 

Simply displaying the speed incorrectly might not be acceptable again.

17 minutes ago, buell47 said:

Does this mean that the V11 is a super safe wheel?

Its one of the safest wheels available to purchase, yes.  Inmotion has very conservative firmware compared to other companies, they are the first to introduce a battery redundancy system in their wheels, and they have the highest quality control rating of any electric unicycle company.  

So are they super safe for an electric unicycle? Yes.  Are electric unicycles safe? No, the nature of riding a 1 wheeled battery operated device with no roll cage means they will always be unsafe no matter who makes them or how they are made. 

If you want a wheel that is near impossible to overlean, you need to expect way more expensive machines.  Get a 124v battery with maybe 10kwh and some conservative firmware, it will be very very VERY difficult to overpower, but its still possible to overpower if you really wanted to.  That wheel will easily cost 5-10k$ though

Edited by GoGeorgeGo
  • Like 2

• EUChristian changed the title to V11 Cutout - User Error - Inmotion FTW

Is there a way to have a Bluetooth speaker connect to the wheel and amplify the beep? Like an ear piece. 

It not that control measures didn’t occur it’s that they weren’t perceived. 

I’m freaking out now when riding. How many alarms have I missed? Am I not perceiving tiltback? Today was windy as Fuck so I went slowish(28 top speed), but now I’m concerned I’m not hearing the alarms if they occurred. 

7 minutes ago, Chaotropic said:

Is there a way to have a Bluetooth speaker connect to the wheel and amplify the beep? Like an ear piece. 

It not that control measures didn’t occur it’s that they weren’t perceived. 

I’m freaking out now when riding. How many alarms have I missed? Am I not perceiving tiltback? Today was windy as Fuck so I went slowish(28 top speed), but now I’m concerned I’m not hearing the alarms if they occurred. 

Have you considered using eucw that both offers audible AND vibration warnings? Strap a lemfo to your arm and you can feel it tell you to quit acting like an idiot.  Not as fool proof as a hardware speaker built in, but definitely more customizeable. I can't hear beeps at high speeds either. Paying attention to the speedo AND having eucw help, along with the wheel itself... I think its about the best we can do so far. On my sherm, I plan on adding a louder piezo or preamp so I can hear it better. Tho software solutions are great, I trust the wheel beeper more. The biggest source for safety is YOU! Stay alert to how fast you are going and be mindful of riding style. Usually accidents occur as we simply get 'speed blind', or overestimate the power in our battery packs.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

I appreciate the recommendation. The solution you present is certainly reasonable would get me to where I need to be. 

But it is my personal belief that it is the responsibility of the euc Manufactures to develop and improve the feedback mechanisms. I mean it’s not like we have a dashboard that gives us all the info we need like in a car. 

I’ll learn from others and take a bit slower for now. At least until I can get eucw set up. It’s getting cold anyway.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chaotropic said:

I appreciate the recommendation. The solution you present is certainly reasonable would get me to where I need to be. 

But it is my personal belief that it is the responsibility of the euc Manufactures to develop and improve the feedback mechanisms. I mean it’s not like we have a dashboard that gives us all the info we need like in a car. 

I’ll learn from others and take a bit slower for now. At least until I can get eucw set up. It’s getting cold anyway.

To be fair, inmotion DID limit the wheel to 50 km/h for a reason.  It was only due to community outcry that they even allowed the 55 km/h.  They did all the testing, all the calibrating of firmware warnings, all the design was for 50 km/h.  Im sure not riding in fancy mode (which means tiltback at like 28 mph) is the intended way to ride.  Anyone using Fancier mode does so at their own risk imo

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

To be fair, inmotion DID limit the wheel to 50 km/h for a reason.  It was only due to community outcry that they even allowed the 55 km/h.  They did all the testing, all the calibrating of firmware warnings, all the design was for 50 km/h.  Im sure not riding in fancy mode (which means tiltback at like 28 mph) is the intended way to ride.  Anyone using Fancier mode does so at their own risk imo

This is it. This is it! Its much safer at the 50kmh speed vs 55. In my mind there is no longer any reason to have this option selected. I can assure you I felt no tilt back it just went and that was at 52 vs 55 kmh. I can assure you I felt my face and helmet slam into the road. 

The only reason I would enable again was on a long trail where I was cruising with no changes on speed and even that would have me wired after this. I take it back. I would never enable fancier mode going forward. 

Screenshot_20201117-190756_Gallery.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, EUChristian said:

This is it. This is it! Its much safer at the 50kmh speed vs 55. In my mind there is no longer any reason to have this option selected. I can assure you I felt no tilt back it just went and that was at 52 vs 55 kmh. I can assure you I felt my face and helmet slam into the road. 

The only reason I would enable again was on a long trail where I was cruising with no changes on speed and even that would have me wired after this. I take it back. I would never enable fancier mode going forward. 

Yeah i ended up turning Fancier mode off.  I find 25-30 to be my comfortable fast riding speed anyways, the only times i whent past 30 it was unintentional just because the v11 is so smoothe if your gentle it allows you to creep up to 35+ no warnings. I made the decision after a ride one day i had hit 34 mph with no one with me and without trying because the v11 feels so easy and nice, never had beeps or tiltback even (i always accelerate gently if im already over 10-15 mph)

Decided that was not smart, all it takes is a good pothole at that speed to overload it.  Took it off fancier and have not even noticed i turned it off.  Still be careful, you can "easily" over torque the machine still.  Its all about power delivery, not speed

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, EUChristian said:

hi Joshua, through our analysis report, it shows that the issues might be caused by acclerating or going up hills after the riksy moment which will all casue the tiltback. From the picture, it looks like a slight hill, isn't it?

4 hours ago, Ádám Szitás said:

I just checked it again, at 83.6V, it got up to 81.2km/h

They sure are letting it spin fast then. Faster than an MSX. Faster than an MSP HT. As fast as as a Nik+.

6 hours ago, AtlasP said:

InMotion's rumored next wheel, the V12, is supposed to be their first 100v wheel and exceed both the speed and range of any of their prior offerings.

This is funny because 100v wheels have been out for 2 years now. Still nobody ever chose Inmotion because of speed. Rather because of safety and quality.

4 hours ago, buell47 said:

I thought it was funny. :) 

4 hours ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

Well obviously it is difficult since only one company offers 100v wheels and only 2 companies, 1 of which is gotway and the other a gotway offshoot, are the only ones offering wheels over 35 mph.

Just making a super fast wheel is easy, making a super fast super safe wheel for under 3000$ and still making a profit off of it, is not easy

The V10/F got safer as battery went down. I don't know what the hell happened with the V11. This is very worrying.
High speed down to low voltage as well. This is gonna hurt.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Inmotion Global said:

hi Joshua, through our analysis report, it shows that the issues might be caused by acclerating or going up hills after the riksy moment which will all casue the tiltback. From the picture, it looks like a slight hill, isn't it?

It is flat but I absolutely agree i was accelerating. The point I think I'm trying to make is this - had I limited the speed throttle to 50 kmh in exact same conditions with the amount of overlean I did to cause this to happen...would tiltback sufficiently stop me from falling off that that speed?  If so people like me who ride the top end need to limit to 50kmh. I ride in traffic so knowing this answer is important to me. Slow traffic 25-30mph in a small American town. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

Yeah i ended up turning Fancier mode off.  I find 25-30 to be my comfortable fast riding speed anyways, the only times i whent past 30 it was unintentional just because the v11 is so smoothe if your gentle it allows you to creep up to 35+ no warnings. I made the decision after a ride one day i had hit 34 mph with no one with me and without trying because the v11 feels so easy and nice, never had beeps or tiltback even (i always accelerate gently if im already over 10-15 mph)

Decided that was not smart, all it takes is a good pothole at that speed to overload it.  Took it off fancier and have not even noticed i turned it off.  Still be careful, you can "easily" over torque the machine still.  Its all about power delivery, not speed

I agree 100%  ill take the overhead vs extra speed now that I've seen God 

• Like 2