9 hours ago, Kevin Johnson said:

wondering what kind of range I could expect from an RS HS at 40+ mph, before I can no longer go 40. I'm 145 lbs. 

Probably like 15 or less miles honestly. I get like 20 miles riding at 25-35mph before my battery hits 30%. Below 30% the wheel starts beeping at like 36 mph. At 20% it beeps at 28mph.

Edited by SorenStarr
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have experience or can provide some info on cooling performance of the RS HT for off-roading/hill climbing? I’m seriously considering one for trails as I’ve only recently started doing some off-roading and my Nikola is hitting 65 degrees and this is with street tires.

I see a lot of the RS HS overheating issues and wondering if this is still the case for the HT?

1 hour ago, conecones said:

Does anyone have experience or can provide some info on cooling performance of the RS HT for off-roading/hill climbing? I’m seriously considering one for trails as I’ve only recently started doing some off-roading and my Nikola is hitting 65 degrees and this is with street tires.

I see a lot of the RS HS overheating issues and wondering if this is still the case for the HT?

comparing temperature between different wheels is impossible but keep in mind that torque motors run way cooler than speed one, you'll not have any issue with it ;)

• Like 1

Thanks for input guys. Have settled on the HT and looking forward to trying it out on some technical MTB trails with lots of roots, crazy climbs and drops! :lol: I've been doing freeride/DH mountain biking for many years, so I somewhat dismissed taking the EUC to real trails but after trying it out on some harder green/easier blue level routes, I was pleasantly surprised at its capabilities. Only really felt the traction and downhill braking being a limiting factor - which the RS HT with offroad tires hopefully handles better/best out of all the EUC's out there atm! 

• Like 1

I'm enjoying my HS version. I will convert it to an HT when I break it. I spend equal time on the street and off-road. I'm not shy about steep trails either. I have EUC World set to overheat alarm at 68C. A few days ago I opened the outer panels for inspection. Only had dust on the right side. Left was clean. No signs of water ingress. I have had several commutes in the rain. I haven't figured out a good waterproofing solution so I can use the trolley handle and lift switch. Both are necessary for my commute.

6 hours ago, Kennedy Moore said:

I was debating on the rs ht or hs but now am leaning towards the inmotion v12 I hope I made the right decision lol

If RS was waterproof it would have been a no brainer but I understand your dilemma.

• Like 2

On 5/20/2021 at 1:44 AM, Kennedy Moore said:

I was debating on the rs ht or hs but now am leaning towards the inmotion v12 I hope I made the right decision lol

Totally understand your concerns, I had problems with the first batch wheel. So far so good, but I keep in mind to double-check weather before long trip :-)

But besides that, there is a "Begode" feeling when riding the wheel, how it performs and that is something unbeatable. I have HT version and man, it really flies! It's like generation leap forward, just Gotway vibes :-)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Kevin Johnson said:

would these inmotion pedals work on my rs?

Hey man! Small world lol. I hope the RS is working out well for you. I found this thread discussing the inmotion pedals on the MSP. They should fit the RS the same I'd  think. Some of the people did get them on the wheels but may have had to file down the pedal. Not really sure. 

If you just want spiked pedals and don't care about the honeycomb then I'd recommend hitting up Murland W. Fish on Facebook through the euc group and purchasing his fish plates studded pedals for the monster pro pedals (same pedals on the RS). I loved using those studded pedals on that RS and now I use them on the EXN. I think he charges like $80 for a set shipped. 

- Kevin S.

Edited by SorenStarr

ha, whats up! the wheel is great so far but coming from the z10, I am having to re-learn how to ride (and turn). I can tell I'm going to love this wheel once I get the hang of it though. 

My feet however feel very awkward and uncomfortable on those stock pedals compared to my z10. 

Thank you for the tip! I'll look up the fish pedals...not sure why i would need honeycomb...

• Like 1

For some reason i get on my RS HT speed warning at 45 km/h even on full battery.

I disabled the 1st and 2nd speed warning and set the speed limit to 60, using the EUC world app

Any idea how to get rid of it?

Another concern is that due to wind noise i can barely hear the beep at 45 km/h how do you make sure the hear the 80% warning?

14 hours ago, Fly_VC said:

For some reason i get on my RS HT speed warning at 45 km/h even on full battery.

I disabled the 1st and 2nd speed warning and set the speed limit to 60, using the EUC world app

Another concern is that due to wind noise i can barely hear the beep at 45 km/h how do you make sure the hear the 80% warning?

There is a beeper volume slider in EUC world, I don't know if it does anything but mine up all the way, I can hear the beeper easily in calm wind, and can still hear it in a headwind but I need to be listening for it if it's windy. 

I rely on the 80% alarm, everything else is off. Of the condition are very loud I don't go beyond what I know the wheel can do so no need for the alarm in this cases. 

My hearing isn't that great either so check out where your beeper volume is set and see if that helps. 

As far as getting the beeps at 45kph on a full charge I don't know. I've never set a warning speed, always had the alarms off on gotways, relying on the 80% beeps only. 

18 hours ago, Fly_VC said:

Did you change the setting while moving?

45kmh is the second alarm, leave the wheel on a wall a try to disable all alarms 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2021 at 10:34 AM, Fly_VC said:

@Fly_VC
Hi, did you try to use the gotway app? On googleplay : Gotway app (By Electrosport.de) disable the 1st & 2nd alarm on this app, then go back to EUC world :

Wheel tab
(Under the LEDMODE there should be)
Speed warnings, tap it
and choose activate 2nd alarm only

Exit the "wheel" (°2) tab, and go to "Warning/alarm"(°5) tab

and change the 2nd alarm speed to 54km/h,  and you should be good 
(That's what i did on my HT)

Edited by French KaMiKaZe needs helm
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

See if eWheels has any spares. If your bearings are still serviceable I would pop at least one seal on each bearing and repack them with marine grade grease and reinstall the seal. My replacements have been doing fine. Have 600 miles so far. I repacked them before install. I also drilled drain holes in both of the side covers. My RS is batch two. Begode has since left the bearing flange open on the covers so no need to drill. The EUCBros have videos on drilling the covers and bearing replacement. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The shorter pedal hangers just arrived for me yesterday to MSP-ify my batch one RS. 

I don't know of anyone else with an early batch was thinking about raising the pedals but I'll report back what I think once I get them on and go for a ride. 

Should give a little more room for a knobbie ish tire (if tires ever come back in stock, thinking about the duro hf307 or a cst 186) and I shouldn't scrape in fast corners as easy on the road.

Having them higher for the mnt bike trails will be awesome either way. 

I bought these from ewheels and I think they have more sets in stock, just not on the site. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Flying W said:

The shorter pedal hangers just arrived for me yesterday to MSP-ify my batch one RS. 

I don't know of anyone else with an early batch was thinking about raising the pedals but I'll report back what I think once I get them on and go for a ride. 

Should give a little more room for a knobbie ish tire (if tires ever come back in stock, thinking about the duro hf307 or a cst 186) and I shouldn't scrape in fast corners as easy on the road.

Having them higher for the mnt bike trails will be awesome either way. 

I bought these from ewheels and I think they have more sets in stock, just not on the site. 

i've done the swap some times ago, really worth it, will change the wheel ;)

Edited by EMA
  • Like 2