Why are wheels before 2020 so ugly?

eve

^ Tittle. I dont own an EUC yet but im totally hooked and gather all the information i could find on them. My question is. There are only 3 wheels that have an actual good look that is V11/S18/Sherman. 

Did manufacturers not care about design until 2020? All of the wheels before look horrible. Like EUCs look like fun but i wouldnt buy one if there werent these 3 out in the wild. Im playing to buy 1 of these 3 btw. 

Share your thoughs. :D

Lol. Have you heard of the phrase..Beauty is in the eye of of the beholder?

To some the sherman is ugly.

I personally love the look of Gotway MSP/MSX and also the 16x

A very subjective topic :D

Edited by Antec
  • Like 3

Inmotion to me looks pretty jazzy but the ole' 16x is still a looker in my eyes:)

I sort of thought the same thing months ago when I started but I can't imagine a different way to design the wheels to look any better, so I'm happy now and appreciate each one for their uniqueness. 

Edited by RetroThruster
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, eve said:

^ Tittle. I dont own an EUC yet but im totally hooked and gather all the information i could find on them. My question is. There are only 3 wheels that have an actual good look that is V11/S18/Sherman. 

Did manufacturers not care about design until 2020? All of the wheels before look horrible. Like EUCs look like fun but i wouldnt buy one if there werent these 3 out in the wild. Im playing to buy 1 of these 3 btw. 

The V11 and S18 are comparable wheels, but the Sherman is completely a different use case and price/performance bracket. 

speed/range vs suspension. 

The i5 was ahead of its time in 2017, and is still a gorgeous wheel today, I wish more manufacturers explored tall slim wheels instead of just making them wider. The entire i5 is thinner than the tire on most wheels being released this year.

I like wheels where form follows function; I think trim and lighting looks cool in concept, but too much winds up kind of cheap when the plastic has worn and faded. I don't like glossy shells in general, I think they wear poorly compared to matte.

16 hours ago, travsformation said:

I used to hate the MSX's boxy look, and loved the design of my 18XL; now I find the 18XL just doesn't look right and prefer the more rugged, less "posh" / refined look of the MSX

Boxy? Let's not forget where the Msuper line came from ;)

GotWay Msuper 18 Inch 1000W Electric Unicycle Factory Price(id ...

Edited by tudordewolf
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, null said:

To me the 2016 Ninebot One S2 is still the slickest looking wheel around.

image.thumb.png.9b1c6f60d34d04153e68a0709f6bde38.png

It's definitely a nice, futuristic-looking wheel. 

As it goes, I didn't initially think the 16X's design was quite as sexy as people painted it, but it's grown on me and I now think it's a very nice-looking wheel. For some reason, circular EUCs have lost their appeal in my eyes, I don't know why

10 hours ago, Matka Jani said:

Personally I think the NineBot Z10 is still the sexiest wheel there is. Even in 2020. Too bad the actual usability/practicality was a bit lacking (trolley handle not very well integrated, pedal size and height, some battery issues in early units, side padding not that well executed, power button too sensitive..). Maybe we'll see a Z11 in 2020 that addresses all the annoyances people found with the Z10, and maybe a bigger battery.Monokoleso-Ninebot-Z10-sgorelo-15.jpg

Z10 is definitely a sexy wheel. too bad it rides horribly. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

Z10 is definitely a sexy wheel. too bad it rides horribly. 

Agree with sexy but not with rides horribly. 

I like it so much!

Sure it's better for fine pavement and not so good for off road paths. (It follows deep ruts very easily, that one time let me make a huge crash with a rollover.)

But I like the speed increase with @MRN76 's help, runs so smooth around 45 to 55 km/h. And tiltback at weak battery comes much more later than original. 

Still don't want to change or step up, though more km per tour would be fine.

Edited by Werner
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Werner said:

Agree with sexy but not with rides horribly. 

I like it so much!

I totally agree, best looking wheel ever made and rides brill if you discount how 'different' it is to other wheels. The S2 was very nice as well. Everything else looks like it's been knocked up at home by an enthusiast, 16X excepted maybe.

It does make me laugh when people knock the Z10 at every possible opportunity, they cant help themselves even on a thread which is purely discussing aesthetics.

Once again I am fascinated that people on the internet can be so wrong on such an obvious topic! :P

The correct answer is that the Ninebot One S2 is the best looking one. In the other end of the scale is the Sherman, a machine so horrid that riding wearing a crinoline dress should be enforced by law.

• Like 2

:D Wow! I totally agree that this is a completly subjective topic! Im amazed how easy it is to start a discussion here. :O

Yeah the Ninebot looks kinda good but not up to standard for me.

For me its like this:
1. S18 2. Sherman 3. V11. 
Otherwheels i dont like at all. they all look decent but not something i would feel comfortable riding. Gotway is pure uglyness in general for me aside from the Mten3 that thing is cute. :D

On 7/6/2020 at 9:00 PM, eve said:

:D Wow! I totally agree that this is a completly subjective topic! Im amazed how easy it is to start a discussion here. :O

Yeah the Ninebot looks kinda good but not up to standard for me.

For me its like this:
1. S18 2. Sherman 3. V11. 
Otherwheels i dont like at all. they all look decent but not something i would feel comfortable riding. Gotway is pure uglyness in general for me aside from the Mten3 that thing is cute. :D

in my experience all wheels look way better in person.

On 7/6/2020 at 9:02 AM, musk said:

Ugliest wheel award goes to Gotway with the MCM5.

MCM5-Oblique-Right-New-1-700x700.jpg

in pictures it looks HORID, but the new 2019 and later looks good in real life, and it is a lot better looking with sidepads.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2020 at 6:07 PM, pico said:

How many times do I have to repeat? This IS the sexiest looking wheel! :roflmao:

crummy-EUC.gif

Some people prefer round wheels, some prefer gas-can style ones.... some people just want to watch the world burn...

• Like 2

On 7/4/2020 at 7:57 PM, eve said:

You're crazy.

every ninebot especially z10, ks14/16/18 im v5/8/10, mten3, tesla.. I think those are all great looking wheels, more I've missed I'm sure but I don't think any wheel besides a few gw wheels are what I'd consider ugly