IRON-100 92.4v (NEW GT16) promotional video

Well, I still hope that Rockwheel will use e-bikes sales to build up the funds to resurrect their hoverwheel production and R&D. I'm very happy with my GT16, and its genius simple and clean/compartmentalized internal layout is very inviting for DIY mods. I've already done some, like bypassing the charging wires not through controller (since they don't connect to controller at all, they just use the controller as a bridge from one side to the other) and drilled holes through covers to eliminate the need to remove covers to remove the motor for tire fix (I'll make a latch to access phase/Hall connectors; for now, I still have to remove one cover to disconnect them).

Edited by Aneta
  • Like 2

Interesting news! Is that a 16x2.5 tire? No trolley handle? 
Good to keep the competition going. This wheel will probably not have fit and finish and all the features of the latest performance wheels, but those specs will keep GW and KS improving. 

• Like 3

They simply stretched GT16's shell horizontally to fit four 11s2p packs on each side (or maybe there are two 22s2p packs on each side; GT16 has two 10s2p packs on each side, connected in series, but with proper BMS for the whole 20s2p battery on each side). Now the shell overhangs the wheel much more on the front and back, making for natural mudflaps.

Yes, it's kinda ugly, but the beauty of GT16's or Iron-100's design is that they are 100% symmetrical and perfectly balanced, and have a low center of gravity (batteries don't extend higher than the top of tire). It's also much much simpler to disassemble than any other hoverwheel.

I agree, it should have 3" tire...

Edited by Aneta
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, UniVehje said:

Interesting news! Is that a 16x2.5 tire? No trolley handle? 
Good to keep the competition going. This wheel will probably not have fit and finish and all the features of the latest performance wheels, but those specs will keep GW and KS improving. 

The original GT16 was also a steal in terms of performance, but it lacked fit and finish. The case was very fragile and the paint quality was a disaster. 

13 hours ago, Aneta said:

Realized that 92.4V = 22s, not 24s, so the cell capacity comes to 1140/22/4/3.7 = 3500mAh, so cells are Sanyo GA, same as on Rockwheel GT16 V3 (1036Wh, 20s4p).

They may also use LG MJ1 or Samsung 35E which are also specified as 3500 mAh.

• Like 2

On 1/6/2020 at 6:11 PM, Aneta said:

2280Wh 22s8p

If the 2280Wh is 22s8p, with 3000w, I guess it will be the fastest accelerating wheel in the market, (highest torque for climb too)

What's the maximum parallel packs we've seen so far? 4p or 6p?

Edited by Jean Dublin

22s means IT IS a 92.4V Wheel (22x4,2V) 

A 100V Wheel is 24S 

So its between Kingsongs 20S 84V and GWs 24S 100V 

Edited by onkeldanuel
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, 김영일 said:

The motor has been modified more than six times.
The battery uses only Samsung / LG.

Thank you for your attention.

What was modified in the motor? Is it the same motor as in GT16, but modified? How does it achieve 3000W nominal power?

When will it be available? What price? Where to buy? Warranty/service - ?

• Like 2

I'm definitely interested in this wheel. It's weird and ugly but looks like it performs sharply. That rear light is great too! Also I would wait for U.S. riders to test and beta this thing for a few months before I would consider buying. I would hope for a thousand dollar price tag.

On 1/7/2020 at 8:33 AM, Young il KIM said:

The motor has been modified more than six times.
The battery uses only Samsung / LG.

Thank you for your attention.

pls tell me the tyre is 3''

Edited by Emanuele Tomasello

11 hours ago, Young il KIM said:

1. Modified with your suggestion.

2.Different The basic frame is similar. Not compatible with GT16.

3. Design use agreement. Newly launched brand in Korea.Rock wheel partner for six years

4.Using Samsung / LG 3500mA.BMS is a newly developed 30A rechargeable.(Individuals should change wiring and connectors.)

5. I want immediate response & performance.

6. Basic 3A support Up to 5A support (30A available when tuning)

7. reinforced plastic boasts very high strength.

8. Manufactured in Korea.9.I died unofficially.

10. 92.4V products will be sold.

I am president of Iron Korea.

I am a user who loves EUC.

* EUC User Activities in 2013

* 2014 ROCKWHEEL Korea partnership sales

* 2016 ROCKWHEEL KOREA Distributor started Participation in the development of GT16 products.

* Launched ROCKWHEEL technology in 2019 and newly launched as IRONKOREA

Company direction focuses on product quality, balance and performance.

After a year of testing with an iron 84V product, I am planning to release this 92.4V overseas after many tests.

Contact me any time for business.

MAIL ironkorea100@naver.com

Thank you for the answers, @Young il KIM! Any idea on approximate retail price for 1140 and 2280Wh versions? Will 1140Wh version have an option to be upgraded later with an additional 1140Wh battery?

Edited by Aneta
  • Like 1

On 1/7/2020 at 5:38 PM, Aneta said:

2. Is the controller the same as in GT16? If not, are you making it? Do you have pictures of the controller?

18 hours ago, Young il KIM said:

2.Different The basic frame is similar. Not compatible with GT16.

원래 질문이: 안에 휠의 뇌로 역할해주는 머더보드가 (한국어로 잘 모르겠네요~) GT16이랑 IRON-100이 같은건가요? 아니다면, IRON KOREA에서 직접 머더보드를 만드나요? 보드 사진상으로 공개 할수있나요?

On 1/7/2020 at 5:38 PM, Aneta said:

5. What's the tire width? 2.125" like on GT16? Why not 3" for such a powerful hoverwheel?

18 hours ago, Young il KIM said:

5. I want immediate response & performance.

전혀 더 넓은 타이어 버전 만들생각이 없나요?

요즘 3인치 휠 트렌드 인해, 대다수의 EUC Forum 회원 맴버들이  3" 넓은 타이어를 더 선호합니다, 충격을 더 잘먹고, 해외에서 길 보도가 많이 안 좋아서, 넓은 타이어가 더 안전적이어서요 (한국이랑 다르게, 많은 해외 라이더들이, 특히 도시 라이더들이, 휠을 출퇴근용 이나, 휠 타고 배달일을 많이합니다, 한국에서 주로 레져용으로 타는것 보다...)

====

원조 GT16 사용자로서 질문을 추가 하고싶네요:

1. 락GT16의 발판을 고정시키고 모터에달린 axle이 많이 얇았었는데 (제 GT16 axle이 평소 안전한 라이딩 하다 이유없이 부러졌거든요), IRON-100의 axle이 횔신 두꺼워지고 더 단단해졌나요, Gotway 최근 24mm axle 처럼?
  2. 락GT16 분해하는게 엄청 복잡했는데, 이 IRON-100 분해 방식이 더 나아졌나요?

미리 감사드립니다! 아,... 그리고 펀딩이라면, 해외 고객들도 포함인가요?

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 2