IRON-100 92.4v (NEW GT16) promotional video

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/7/2020 at 5:36 AM, BA-B8 said:

The shell looks too bulky with that tire.  Should give it a beefier wide tire to match.

The whole idea with this EUC is to have the nimble-ness of a 16" wheel and extremely fast cornering by using a "non wide" tyre. And speed and durability. Sounds like a dream wheel.. Just hope they do NOT skip trolley handle as 24Kg is a lot to carry on for example stores where you are not allowed to ride.

Basically the only reason i still ride my Tesla. I have tested MSX 84V old model which is closest to Tesla in nimbleness (also only a 17" tyre)

Nikola is a lot slower to steer and demands more weight shift

Z10 is ridiculous.. With its large diameter ultra wide tyre you have to lean like crazy. While i zig zag in 35km/h on my Tesla you have to slow carve on a Z10... Obstacle avoidance in emergency situations takes far to long time for to the needed weight shift of the body, while on the tesla i just tip-toe and it turns.

I get the idea with a large diameter tyre, higher top speed with same rpm and more comfort and less prone to rim nicks

The idea of a wide tyre, A LOT more comfortable going over bumpy surfaces and "most possible" to ride in sand (where the tesla just "digs a hole").

Basically 16*2.5" is the ideal tyre size for me. Ideally a tube less motor bike tyre with reinforced side walls.. Man that would be a DREAM.. WOBBLE=GONE. CORNERING=ROCK SOLID. DIRECTION CHANGE=RAZOR QUICK. Though it would be interesting to test how a16*3" motor bike tyre would behave...a LOT of rotating mass that decrease acceleration and enlongate decceleration (stopping) though so i stil would go for 16*2.5". 17*2.5" would also work (like MSX) for a mix between stability and nimble-ness.

The 16*2.125" Tesla tyre is a bit to narrow but man is it quick to control. 

Edited by Boogieman

Most of the tire or rim diameters on @Boogieman’s post above are incorrect. MSX has a 18x3” tire, Nikola has a 16x3” one. 16” motorcycle tire would only fit the rim of a 20” wheel, since motorcycle tires use different sizing standards. They go by purely the rim size, whereas e-bike and bicycle tires add 4” for an approximate tire height.

On 6/10/2020 at 12:11 AM, mrelwood said:

Most of the tire or rim diameters on @Boogieman’s post above are incorrect. MSX has a 18x3” tire, Nikola has a 16x3” one. 16” motorcycle tire would only fit the rim of a 20” wheel, since motorcycle tires use different sizing standards. They go by purely the rim size, whereas e-bike and bicycle tires add 4” for an approximate tire height.

Yeah, and coming from the motorcycle world, this confuses the heck out of me, or at least it used to...

• 2 weeks later...

Intriguing news! Is that a 16x2.5 tire? No streetcar handle? 

Great to prop the opposition up. This wheel will presumably not have fit and finish and all the highlights of the most recent presentation wheels, yet those specs will keep GW and KS improving.