How often do you calibrate?

Skecys

Hey guys;

How often do you calibrate your EUC? I have an Inmotion V10 and recently upgraded to a KS16x. I rarely, if ever, had to calibrate the V10 after the initial time, I mainly did it now and then for peace of mind. The KS16x on the other hand seems to need a calibration every time I ride it, is this normal? The bluetooth patch seemed to have helped to an extend but I still find myself calibrating it alot. If I don't I get dips and tiltbacks on sharp turns (second batch 1.4board on 1.07 firmware). The behaviour returns after like a day sometimes less which is why I have to re-calibrate.

I have no experience other then these two EUC's so hence I was wondering.

• Upvote 1

I didn't calibrate none of my EUCs ever. 

NB S2 and Z10

Sometimes I recognised that the pedals seemed to dip forward or backward a little bit.

Especially forward dipping appears within tight turns.

I always ignored this and they turned back within the next few moments - not always within seconds but they did.

Edited by Werner

I'm pretty new too and having just owned the 16x, it's hard for me to compare it to anything else, I did do a short training course on an inmotion but it was on totally flat ground and experienced no tilting, I find that about every 3rd time I ride mine, I do a calibration, half of that time is just for subtle tilting that could almost be passed off as "in my head", bu the last time I rode it, my heels were getting pretty close to ground when turning left going slightly downhill, so I calibrated and all is good now. I remember after I charged mine the first time, I had to calibrate because it was really acting weird and me being so new, I kept stepping off of it thinking wtf is happening here, then Jason and the folks here helped me with my 1st calibration and it solved the issue, long story short, I do it often.

• Like 1

I remember one time my wheel - the Z10 - didn't found it's right pedal-position and it seemed to me as it was "seeking" it for quite a few minutes. :wacko:

But after a while it found it again and works well since then. 

I sometimes calibrate (or miscalibrate?) in the middle of a long ride, to give my tired feet a bit different angle. Takes the whole of 10 seconds on my GT16 and doesn't require an app.

Edited by Aneta
  • Like 1

On 1/7/2020 at 9:35 AM, Ddolik said:

How do you calibrate? Is there any button in the app? (I have Inmotion V5F)

I assume there is, depending on the App version something like body car forward whatever or Vehicle Correction

1 minute ago, vasuvius said:

How do you know you need to re-calibrate ? 

Basically whenever you update something crucial, both hardware and software. After a firmware update or when swapping motherboard for example. Apart from that, whenever your wheel does strange things, like random dips or tiltbacks.

I have learned from this thread and my V10 that you should not have to calibrate often under normal circumstances. It doesn't hurt doing it though, if you follow the instructions that is ;)

• Like 1

"Solowheel Glide 3" footplates dipped during turns and I thought it was excessive. I calibrated it once, to good effect. Calibration was not difficult, but it reported failure when I followed the manual. Then I found a youtube that showed the proper technique.

once, when i take it out of the box.. then never again lol, unless there is a bug in the firmware or something wrong with the wheel (ninebot z10) you shouldnt need to perform another calibration except for some firmware updates

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

V10F i calibrate often almost every ride(take 15 seconds). I am very sensitive to feel if calibration is not 100%. This is more feeled if you use "agresive pedal sensitivity" if you use soft pedal you not realize calibration is not 100% )  Best test is slalom. We have concrete cones here and I can immediately see if everything is ok. With good calibration, the pedals hold the absolute plane when the calibration is thrown, they tilt and the turn is not so smooth.

13 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

V10F i calibrate often almost every ride(take 15 seconds). I am very sensitive to feel if calibration is not 100%. This is more feeled if you use "agresive pedal sensitivity" if you use soft pedal you not realize calibration is not 100% )  Best test is slalom. We have concrete cones here and I can immediately see if everything is ok. With good calibration, the pedals hold the absolute plane when the calibration is thrown, they tilt and the turn is not so smooth.

if you have to calibrate your wheel without a major crash or some firmware update, there is something wrong with it

I suspect it Tire slime since then it's happening.
To understand my calibration, it will not be lost or defective in any way, no risk or threatening. It's just not ideal. Every time I do a calibration it's significantly better and the pedal level is like a rock (I use 100/100 sensitivity). "Throwing" happens after charging and maybe it has the effect of using a guitar stand and the wheel is skewed.
Edited by DjPanJan