KS16X production has started

US69

3 minutes ago, Dzlchef said:

Yeah, bound to hold a much better edge than your 18L, just wondering about the overall feedback.   I'm looking forward to riding a 16X, someday, hopefully.

You ride with @Marty Backe at times right? If som you might get a chance in a few months once he comes around and reads the awesomeness of review we give it. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

LOL, yeah, I'm trying to get it out, but if the early airship guys get stuff out first, so be it.

Right now, I've just yesterday received shipment from KS of the new board (ups to 12 247 MOS from 9 smaller MOS of the OG board) and new tire they're using on the production models, but ran into a few hitches, as the I've punctured the inner tube (unsuccessfully patched) when swapping out to the new tire (Jason to the rescue, as he's expressing out a new inner tube :lol:), and frustratingly, they've drilled screw holes on this new board heatsink that are wider than the previous board *smh, so I had to audible and go out and get a longer screw/nut combo as a hack fix.

*Ugh, all this effort for what is in the end not my wheel. Oh well, I will get my 2 cents out on how the new board/ride feels at some point I guess.

Very interesting news on your end. A lot has been happening apparently. Wow, new control board and tire! Very much looking forward to your views :popcorn:

19 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

LOL, yeah, I'm trying to get it out, but if the early airship guys get stuff out first, so be it.

Right now, I've received shipment from KS of the new board (ups to 12 247 MOS from 9 smaller MOS of the OG board) and new tire they're using on the production models, but ran into a few hitches, as the I've punctured the inner tube (unsuccessfully patched) when swapping out to the new tire (Jason to the rescue, as he's expressing out a new inner tube), and frustratingly, they've drilled screw holes on this new board heatsink that are wider than the previous board *smh, so I had to audible and go out and get a longer screw/nut combo as a hack fix.

*Ugh, all this effort for what is not my wheel. Oh well, I will get my 2 cents on how the new board/ride feels at some point I guess.

Commendable effort! 

• Upvote 1

Just now, chrisjunlee said:

Bruh, people would love to watch low effort daily vlogs about your day to day thoughts on the 16X.

Just from that paragraph, here's two epic stories: 

• My new 16X tire exploded, and what Kingsong is doing about it
  • Upgrading 16X to 3.0 motherboard - DOESN'T FIT?!
    • Thumbnail: green motherboard with giant arrows pointing to screw hole
    • insert montage of drilling 
    • Why 3.0? Cause suckers like me will look for 2.0 on your playlist and end up watching a random clip of yours instead 

So true. Chris could get some good video content out of this (maybe he is :popcorn:)

1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

Ugh, all this effort for what is in the end not my wheel. Oh well, I will get my 2 cents out on how the new board/ride feels at some point I guess.

My lord my post went bonkers! Try again.

Reviewers like yourself and Marty ( many others contribute as well) have given so much time and effort providing members with the pros and cons of each new wheel before it comes to market. 

Your comprehensive reviews( both written and video format) provides members with sound advice and guidance that allows them to make well informed decisions before purchasing a new model. :thumbup:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

@Marty BackeI'm surprised they haven't sent you a 16X. I kept on browsing through your channel for a 16X vlog before realizing you haven't received one =/

LOL, well, @Marty Backe DId have first crack FWIW. (I dream of Marty changing this 16X board, and not me :lol:)

@chrisjunlee point taken, but those videos sound like a snoozefest to me, so hard for me personally to make those kind of vlogs, maybe for another YouTuber.

Just now, Rehab1 said:

My lord my post went bonkers! Try again.

Reviewers like yourself and Marty ( many others contribute as well) have given so much time and effort providing members with the pros and cons of each new wheel before it comes to market. 

Your comprehensive reviews( both written and video format) provides members with sound advice and guidance that allows them to make well informed decisions before purchasing a new model. :thumbup:

@Rehab1 Thanks Dan!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

@Marty BackeI'm surprised they haven't sent you a 16X. I kept on browsing through your channel for a 16X vlog before realizing you haven't received one =/

I am due to receive the only test wheel in the States, but it's been stuck (for good reason) in New York for ages. I'll be the last to receive it, so I'm anticipating having access to one in September or October.

I don't have an unlimited budget so I did not buy one.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I am due to receive the only test wheel in the States, but it's been stuck (for good reason) in New York for ages. I'll be the last to receive it, so I'm anticipating having access to one in September or October.

Saving for the 2100wh Nikola

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

@chrisjunlee point taken, but those videos sound like a snoozefest to me, so hard for me personally to make those kind of vlogs, maybe for another YouTuber

IMHO it's good to work on "boring" subjects time to time - you develop god tier storytelling skills. Casey Neistat makes wiping his butt a pratt fall, jump cut hyperlapse narrative.

16 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Where's your patreon link?

@houseofjobyou too, where's yours?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

Time to order some protective tape as this is my first EUC. 

3M  No Residue Duct Tape, 2420-A, 1.88 Inches by 20 Yards https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0014LQK58/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_C3HmDbM9VQPR2

I would recommend the bumper strip tape or adhesive neoprene sheets everyone uses. Duct tape is a tad thin and ghetto :)

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

I would recommend the bumper strip tape or adhesive neoprene sheets everyone uses. Duct tape is a tad thin and ghetto :)

I was going to recommend Zenbc Shelter tape but they seem to have gone out of business. It is a 2 mm thick by 50 mm wide impact aborbing tape. I bought a couple of meters several years ago to protect my mountain bike frame from rocks. It worked well. I still most of the roll. 

6 minutes ago, EkW said:

I was going to recommend Zenbc Shelter tape but they seem to have gone out of business. It is a 2 mm thick by 50 mm wide impact aborbing tape. I bought a couple of meters several years ago to protect my mountain bike frame from rocks. It worked well. I still most of the roll. 

That looks pretty awesome. Would love to see ~5mm silicone tape, I'm sure it exists in some niche industry.

One of my rabbit hole favorite companies is 3M - I used to spend hours just geeking out over their spec sheets. One time, I contacted them about the differences between a couple of their reflective tapes. In response, they sent over like 10 different generous samples for me to try out. 

Hmm... I guess I'll e-mail them now.

Edited by chrisjunlee

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I still owe the @Marty Backe KS16X Trust fund 2€...just let me know where to sent it. PayPal prefered 😉

• Like 1

21 hours ago, buell47 said:

I hope you don't wet your pants then. ;)

Nice and dry with $250 in my pockets... no sweat... waiting for the sea-freight and then customs and hopefully near the tail end of August... it won't be 100 degrees in Texas... WTH!!! It's Texas... it's still going to be hot.

What kind of mosfets does KS use anyway? Why is there no mosfet talk in the KS forums?

One mosfet, two mosfet, three mosfet blew

My mosfet, his mosfet, your mosfet glue?

(insomnia is making me punchy!)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1