KS16X production has started

US69

i like very much how big it's ventilation area reserved for mainboard radiator...
impressive :thumbup:

Cooler mainboard, longer rides, no need to have that fan started always

Edited by Meserias

Well I had hoped production had begun shipping wheels this week. This means I am likely not to receive the wheel within my vacation even if I am to extend it. -_-:(

However, the great news is the solved status to the oscillation. :clap3:As for look, I like that shape of the new tire choice too. That looks nothing less than brilliant.:thumbup:

So now we are back to some weeks of hard test of patience.:popcorn: Now looking at my tag line to m,y KS18L bring out a big fat smile on my face. 

The KS16X is already doing that even before it is borne and in my hand or at my feet.  What can possible go wrong now :P

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 3

48321883566_62c06e7422_b.jpg

48321913631_7b8ce30b3e_b.jpg

48321883571_be0153dccb_b.jpg

Thanks for starting this thread @US69. I found some more  photos. KS 16X production appears to be in high gear. 

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, stephen said:

Tyre looks amazing 👍

Thx for the photos guys

I give that a +5👌😁

• Upvote 1

Interesting that you’re high on the tire.  Thought they were going with the same one as the Nikola but it’s not?   I’m interested in seeing how the ride compares. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dzlchef said:

Interesting that you’re high on the tire.  Thought they were going with the same one as the Nikola but it’s not?   I’m interested in seeing how the ride compares. 

Is it not the CST 1488 tire as expected? 

3 minutes ago, buell47 said:

Is it not the CST 1488 tire as expected? 

Maybe, I am not tyre expert. But the reason I reacted to the production ture pictures, is the curve of the tyre thread surface. to me it looks more U than a (_) like my KS18L has.

To me that light make the lean turning smoother as it don't have the same edge to balance on. This is part reason I think the Z10 felt quiet good at low speed maneuvering while the lean turning didn't have that tip over effect if you go on titled pavements where my KS18L can be a struggle to cross a line with low attack angle. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I found a photo of the KS techs working on your wheel. ;)

48324138282_f6fba7d43a_b.jpg

Oh God, that's perfect :roflmao:

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I found a photo of the KS techs working on your wheel. ;)

48324138282_f6fba7d43a_b.jpg

They are 3d hand printing the wheels. 

15 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I wonder what's happening with the pre-production model that @houseofjob has. If production is in full-swing and customers may have wheels by the end of next week, the pre-production wheel has lost it's value at this point.

Time to get your video out the door Chris!

I think the oscillator and tyre feedback made the pre-production wheels more or less obsolete. Adding the feedback on pedal angle I would expect KS to sort of freeze the demos of the pre-production. 

Edited by Unventor
Or... I could be wrong read above, the post of Chris.

51 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Maybe, I am not tyre expert. But the reason I reacted to the production ture pictures, is the curve of the tyre thread surface. to me it looks more U than a (_) like my KS18L has.

To me that light make the lean turning smoother as it don't have the same edge to balance on. This is part reason I think the Z10 felt quiet good at low speed maneuvering while the lean turning didn't have that tip over effect if you go on titled pavements where my KS18L can be a struggle to cross a line with low attack angle. 

Yeah, bound to hold a much better edge than your 18L, just wondering about the overall feedback.   I'm looking forward to riding a 16X, someday, hopefully.

18 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Oh God, that's perfect :roflmao:

BTW isn't that glue gun colour the trademark of GW fast Lane production team. 

Ahhhgg :shock2: they are sabutarging your wheel @Rehab1 

6 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I think the oscillator and tyre feedback made the pre-production wheels more or less obsolete. Adding the feedback on pedal angle I would expect KS to sort of freeze the demos of the pre-production. 

I'll believe this when I can actually feel this.... every time KS has claimed they've fixed the issue on the 16X, I never felt much of a change, issue persisted.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1