KingSong protective covers are now a thing...

Rama Douglas

5 hours ago, FLHANDSTER said:

Any other protective cover options for the KS18L? The rate of $135USD from roll.nz is rather pricey.

Thank you!!! 
😎

I thought so too initially, but after buying one for my 18XL I think it's absolutely worth the price and have no regrets whatsoever (I also bought one for my 16X). I don't think there's anything else out there (that I know of) that can match it in terms of quality and durability; and what's $135 to protect a $2K wheel?

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I will definitely buy a cover for my next/future wheels ... but I would much sooner have the manufacturers build robust EUCs with replaceable moulded rubber bumpers ... then there wouldn'y be any compromise in access to ports/switches or visibility of lights or aesthetics. The shells on these EUCs is scary thin, so a good protective cover is a must have.

Edited by Nic
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've had the RollNZ cover for my Kingsong 16x for a few weeks now. 

Outstanding product, very well made, I think anyone buying a new wheel would be crazy not to buy a cover at this price - it would more than may for itself through shell protection on resale should you ever want to sell your wheel. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, TimH said:

I've had the RollNZ cover for my Kingsong 16x for a few weeks now. 

Outstanding product, very well made, I think anyone buying a new wheel would be crazy not to buy a cover at this price - it would more than may for itself through shell protection on resale should you ever want to sell your wheel. 

Amen to that!

• Like 2

I hope we’ll see them distributed in Europe as currently the shipping + Tax + fees pretty much doubles the price. If I could get one at the price they go for in the US I’d buy it.

7 hours ago, null said:

I hope we’ll see them distributed in Europe as currently the shipping + Tax + fees pretty much doubles the price. If I could get one at the price they go for in the US I’d buy it.

I don't know the customs situation in France, but for Spain, shipping (via DHL, which took 3-4 days) was 30 NZD (about 17€) + taxes were 19€, I believe, so in the end it was about 140€ all-included. I thought it was a bit pricey at first, but seeing how well it protects my wheel and how well made it is (and what a pleasure it is to do business with Kevin & Chrissi), it's definitely worth the money. I now have one for my 18XL and one for my 16X and the day I get another wheel, I'll be getting an EUC bodyguard for it too :)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, travsformation said:

I don't know the customs situation in France, but for Spain, shipping (via DHL, which took 3-4 days) was 30 NZD (about 17€) + taxes were 19€, I believe, so in the end it was about 140€ all-included. I thought it was a bit pricey at first, but seeing how well it protects my wheel and how well made it is (and what a pleasure it is to do business with Kevin & Chrissi), it's definitely worth the money. I now have one for my 18XL and one for my 16X and the day I get another wheel, I'll be getting an EUC bodyguard for it too :)

That was the price my KS18L cover costed to Sweden too. :eff00eab1e:

I reached out to @The Fat Unicyclist to get myself a KS16X cover too, but I think he must be on vacation or very busy as He didn't reply yet to me.:eff006f726:

I do hope he and his wife is ok. You never know in these corona-times.:wacko:

11 hours ago, travsformation said:

Apparently it’s reaching to 160€ total, which is close to the price of replacing the outer shells.

It looks like a good and useful product, but it’s just a tad too pricey for me. Not the price roll.nz takes, but all the extras. Hence hoping for à European distributor some day.

Edited by null

3 hours ago, null said:

Hence hoping for à European distributor some day.

Ewheels has a bunch of covers from Roll.nz. Maybe this is something SpeedyFeet can work out? I'm not sure how to go about contacting him, but maybe a European can :)

4 hours ago, null said:

Apparently it’s reaching to 160€ total, which is close to the price of replacing the outer shells.

It looks like a good and useful product, but it’s just a tad too pricey for me. Not the price roll.nz takes, but all the extras. Hence hoping for à European distributor some day.

I understand what you mean, but am still in favour of the EUC BG. It might be the same price of the shell, but you'll put it on once and it'll probably last you as long as your wheel. The same can't be said of a replacement shell. And as well as the physical protection, the peace of mind of not having to worry about scratching up your wheel is probably what makes it the most worthwhile of all.

I paid almost 700€ for my new phone, and alongside it I bought a sturdy case and a screen protector that, combined, cost me 45€. If I'm willing to take precautions and buy a couple of accessories (worth 6.4% of the cost of the phone) to protect a 700€ investment (that isn't going to be subjected to the kind of abuse my EUC is), it makes no sense to me not to do the same with a 2500€ KS18XL, for example (160€ is exaxctly 6.4% of the price of the wheel). But that's just my personal preference, I don't expect others to think alike :)

With the 16X, I bought it with a special Black Friday offer which saved me 300€, 1/2 of which went to the EUC BG, and the other half to pay for most of my new helmet ;)

• Like 1