KingSong protective covers are now a thing...

Rama Douglas

I found these a couple of weeks ago but couldn't get the website to cooperate with me. Looks like it works now though :) . These look way better than the rubber sticky stuff that everyone else uses and it's removable! I'd love to do a review of this product If I can get it. $135 is a bit more than $10 though... I just unloaded for the XL and I'd like to protect it very much.

Edited by Flyboy10
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Flyboy10 said:

Has anyone in the USA successfully purchased some of these? When I try to it says that no one provides service to CA, USA. That price tag is a little hefty though, $135 for an 18L. Looks way better than the rubber sticky stuff that everyone else uses and it's removable! I'd love to do a review of this product If I can get it.

You can apparently just use the InMotion V10/V10F cover on your 18L, just trimming the sides and such.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

You drive a hard bargain but I feel charitable tonight. If you place you order within the next 20 minutes I’ll even throw in a Brokebacke Mountain DVD starring @Marty Backe and @Hunka Hunka Burning Love. Just call 1- 800- DEF- RAUD to place your order.  :cheers:

Done!!!   Paid with PayPal

Edited by RockyTop

34 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

You drive a hard bargain but I feel charitable tonight. If you place you order within the next 20 minutes I’ll even throw in a Brokebacke Mountain DVD starring @Marty Backe and @Hunka Hunka Burning Love. Just call 1- 800- DEF- RAUD to place your order.  :cheers:

LoL 😁!

@The Fat Unicyclist as you know my order is stuck in custom cleance after paying import tax and handling fees. 

A small suggestion, you might consider haveing side parts coloured and center peace black (oppersite to your current design). It gives people choice to "change" wheel colour, and helping to hide the stiching of the hook and look part to the neopren.

I would love to make my wheel redish to match my Mazda CX5

f4p9ieczjhhxgxhvznjy.jpg

The stiching is why I chose the all Black version.

Another design suggestion could be to have 2 zipper connecting the center to the sides. This might make it possible to make holes for handle so you don't need the hook and loop part. This would open the option to change colour too without have to buy 3 or 4 expensive covers. I know it is a vanity thing...but to some looks and colour of the day matters.

3 hours ago, Unventor said:

A small suggestion, you might consider haveing side parts coloured and center peace black (oppersite to your current design). It gives people choice to "change" wheel colour, and helping to hide the stiching of the hook and look part to the neopren.

I would just buy a new car to match the wheel cover. ;)

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Unventor said:

@The Fat Unicyclist as you know my order is stuck in custom cleance after paying import tax and handling fees. 

f4p9ieczjhhxgxhvznjy.jpg

The stiching is why I chose the all Black version.

Another design suggestion could be to have 2 zipper connecting the center to the sides. This might make it possible to make holes for handle so you don't need the hook and loop part. This would open the option to change colour too without have to buy 3 or 4 expensive covers. I know it is a vanity thing...but to some looks and colour of the day matters.

Hey @Unventor… Initially we have started with just the accent stripe (optionally) in colour, as holding enough fabric for "all combinations" was prohibitive. Especially as we had no idea whether anyone anywhere would ever want one - The EUC market is tough like that. Not much data available to analyse and forecast from.

Going forward we are going to make Mazda CX5 Bodyguards as well, so at that time you should be sorted! look at expanding the options, with the aim to cater for what the market wants. This includes both colour options and other EUC models.

Regarding zip off sides... These would be challenging as the covers are a very snug fit, and zipping them on would be difficult - There would also be the potential for the zipper to split on impact (due to the tension).

In fact Mrs. TFU didn't even want to put Velcro on them, she just wanted a single top piece (which some of our prototypes had). However that means removing the top of the trolley handle to fit or remove the cover, which I considered a deal breaker - funnily enough, I actually won this one - first time in 20+ years! The Velcro works quite well, and even with a coloured top cover piece it is hardly noticeable when the handle is retracted.

If you would like to discuss more ideas (or custom made covers) with our designer (Mrs. TFU), PM me and I will put you two in touch.   :)

Please don't get me wrong. I were merely trying to make suggestions to make more options so people would by it. As you know I already order 1 but have yet to recieve it. 

4 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Please don't get me wrong. I were merely trying to make suggestions to make more options so people would by it. As you know I already order 1 but have yet to recieve it. 

Definitely not... In fact we value any and all feedback, so thank you!   :thumbup:

As the number of EUC Bodyguards out there grows we are getting some fantastic feedback from some of the owners (and then some we never hear from again). And it is quite interesting, some of the things people suggest or comment on we have already thought about. But then some things are most unexpected, and we do what we can with that information.

As an example, @Mishkin (a local rider here in Wellington) was one of the "early adopters" and he came back with a comment about the Velcro fastener, as he was catching it with his fingers when grasping the handle - whereas I hadn't encountered that. Our investigation highlighted the fact that most EUC riders rate fairly high on the OCD scale, typically riding their wheels the same way most / all of the time (even though it doesn't matter for King Song), and they mostly use the same hand for lifting / trolleying.

Who would have thought!

The result of that was an update to the fitting instructions (see step 2. points a. and b.)… The 18L cover will go on either way, so we (hopefully) guide the customer to fit it the best way for their own use. And the covers for the other King Song models only fit one way, so we contact each customer and determine the best orientation during manufacturing.

We even discussed whether we should sell them as "left handed" and right handed" covers, but decided people would think it was a bit of a joke.   :blink1:

Anyway, I suppose what I am saying is yes... Please... Feedback is great! particularly if it is good feedback.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just others might get an idea. 

Neoprene especially 3 layered armor, it not an easy material to work with. 

I know this an a colleagues wife works with cloth for sport sailing as a designer but looks and fabric types. I asked them for advise on how hard it would be to make a cover for my V8. She would do it as it hard to make last and good looking seams between 2 joyning pieces especially if they are different fabric types.

So please tell Mrs.FTU, I am aware how unique your product is and why it cost as it do.

Note: Giving feedback is a skill. No shuch thing as good or bad feedback. Useful (not always the same as constructive) feedback is where the skill lays. And understanding that reciever of the feebback is totally free what to do with it. Taking onboard feedback is not the same as a change will happen right now or ever. Other considerations might weight more. 

Most people do not know this, but if you work with coaching people, this is first leason to be successful.

Edited by Unventor

• 2 weeks later...

Given the price tag of a 18xl (I am still trying to swallow that one), I felt the $130ish for a nice looking neoprene cover to keep it protected was a no-brainer to me. Knowing this is a handmade item makes it even more so. Can't wait to get it. Hopefully, before I drop the wheel :w00t2:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Yes it is expensive, also with shipment and customs. So I was thinking about it longer time. I hope it will protect my wheel.

03C21B97-4886-4590-9B6D-541F71BBD92A.jpeg

FBD6A559-F1AC-45E4-B7CA-D6B3944E5233.jpeg

Edited by jitesar
  • Like 1