KingSong protective covers are now a thing...

Rama Douglas

8 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

@The Fat Unicyclist makes a quality product. The close up views definately depict the caliber of his covers. Add to that the care and time that goes into the hand fabrication including double sticking all of the seams. I’ve sewn on industrial machines and this cover is by no means a simple project. Plus it is aesthetically pleasing and does not take away from the lines and contours of the Kingsong. 

Aww... Thanks @Rehab1. Though I would like to point out that the seams are actually triple stitched - once to join the neoprene pieces and then twice more (once down each side of the binding). We even tried gluing them too, but testing showed no additional benefit and the fumes made focussing too hard.

12 hours ago, MacPara said:

Given the price tag of a 18xl (I am still trying to swallow that one), I felt the $130ish for a nice looking neoprene cover to keep it protected was a no-brainer to me. Knowing this is a handmade item makes it even more so. Can't wait to get it. Hopefully, before I drop the wheel :w00t2:

Ahh... Tucson, AZ... It is actually quite amusing to be getting orders from around the world, but with no idea who they are from.. Perhaps we should add a "forum username" to the shopping cart so I know who you all are!

And I'm glad that you "get it". When you are spending as much on an EUC as a small car but can't get insurance, then this is the next best thing (at least I think it is).

BTW - great choice of colour... It really does look fantastic! I wanted to keep it and have the Hobbits make another one, but they gave me a good beat-down and I had to let them send it (I hope all of the blood washes out of it).   ;)

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Flyboy10 said:

I got a blue one and it arrives today. Will post pictures and a video hopefully

Hi @Flyboy10...

Your second post (which I am hoping should show your new EUC Bodyguard) doesn't show anything... Just blank boxes with nothing in them.   :(

We are so keen to see how it looks framed up against a San Diego waterfront!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Aww... Thanks @Rehab1. Though I would like to point out that the seams are actually triple stitched - once to join the neoprene pieces and then twice more (once down each side of the binding). We even tried gluing them too, but testing showed no additional benefit and the fumes made focussing too hard

33460950748_6776462bb5_b.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Your second post (which I am hoping should show your new EUC Bodyguard) doesn't show anything... Just blank boxes with nothing in them.   :(

We are so keen to see how it looks framed up against a San Diego waterfront!

This has happened in the past, I don't know why? Maybe @Rehab1can give a tutorial on how to post pictures...

I will definitely post a picture in front of a San Diego waterfront. The blue will look great with the blue ocean and sky.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Flyboy10 said:

This has happened in the past, I don't know why? Maybe @Rehab1can give a tutorial on how to post pictures...

I will definitely post a picture in front of a San Diego waterfront. The blue will look great with the blue ocean and sky.

Where are you posting your photos? You need to use a photo sharing/hosting site like Flickr that will allow you copy and paste the photo’s designated url to the forum’s topic or thread of your choice. Unfortunately flickr is now charging a fee for their service but I use them because the service is excellent.

Here are some other image hosting sites that can help you upload and share photos:
  1. Google Photos. Google Photos is one of the best image-hosting resources for uploading high-quality photos in large quantities. ... 
  2. Imgur. ... 
  3. Dropbox. ... 
  4. TinyPic. ... 
  5. Use. ... 
  6. Flickr. ... 
  7. 500px. ... 
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Flyboy10 said:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/c4ADjcVrdZCvdnde7 Here are the photos that I tried to post.

I can’t open your photos. Is the a url link for each photo that you can share? 

Edit: It appears your Google content is locked so others can’t access the photos. 

Edited by Rehab1

18 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I can’t open your photos. Is the a url link for each photo that you can share? 

I clicked on the link in incognito mode and it still worked for me. Even on different computers. Anyone else run into this issue?

1 hour ago, Flyboy10 said:

I clicked on the link in incognito mode and it still worked for me. Even on different computers. Anyone else run into this issue?

worked fine for me this morning in incognito mode. 

10 hours ago, smarty said:

Hey @The Fat Unicyclist,

Do you have an ETA of when your covers will be back in stock?  :)

KS18L - Black Black it you want to know which ones to make first! :):)

Hi @smarty… They are back in stock now!

As they are made to order, we set the "stock" levels on the website quite low so that our Hobbit Sweatshop™ doesn't get overloaded.

Having said that, we are getting a lot more interest than we expected and are starting to run low on materials (so we may actually be out of stock in a week or two).

Edited by The Fat Unicyclist
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, baracuda50 said:

Where can we get those covers? They look very cool.

As @US69 says, you can get these from www.roll.nz  <--- This link is to the International Store (ie. exempt from local (NZ) taxes).

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 9:04 PM, phatmike said:

I just received my cover half hour ago. A long way from NZ to Rome. It looks great.

B11681BC-3314-48CC-B023-E843030F29C0.jpeg

I really love this covers :-) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Hi @smarty… They are back in stock now!

As they are made to order, we set the "stock" levels on the website quite low so that our Hobbit Sweatshop™ doesn't get overloaded.

Having said that, we are getting a lot more interest than we expected and are starting to run low on materials (so we may actually be out of stock in a week or two).

That's awesome! Congratulations 🎉 Had I not wrecked on mine and scratched it all up, I'd have ordered by now too! Maybe I'll order a new shell at some point, and then, I can feel good about puttin' slop on the worker elves' (Hobbits) table...😜